April 20, 2014 | 1311 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The ColossalDiamonds

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by SanyaX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an okay product. It didn't really do anything to my lashes but glitter them. I could see it under the sun but to be honest it's a waste of money. Would not recommend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by nataliad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara, one of the best ones I've tried from Maybelline. It usually retails at about $25NZD but I got it on sale for $9 so I'm quite happy as it's definitely worth it. It really adds a lot of volume and thickens my lashes. However, I do not like the glitter. This is my fault as I did not read "diamonds" and bought the wrong one. I will re-purchase, but the plain version not this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by lovechanel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the regular Colassal mascara and that is after trying every single dept store mascara to find the "perfect" one. This diamonds one should be called dandruff because that is what your lashes will appear to be full of with this mascara. Skip it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Unlike regular Volum'Express, which is usually a great product, this was a total waste of money. The "sparkles" were barely visible on the brush and vanished the moment the brush touched my lashes; it went on clumpy and didn't volumize my lashes at all. Maybelline mascaras are usually very good, so this was a surprising disappointment. Then again, if "sparkly" mascara really worked, we would have all been using it for years already...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

I bought this one sale without much hope but I heard good reviews on the original colossal and decided why not? Maybe the diamonds will sparkle and won't disappoint me much. I opened the mascara and inspected it for the diamonds that would supposedly "sparkle" on my eyelashes. I only found a few and could only see them under bright and direct lighting. Honestly, I didn't expect much and it was on sale. So I was fine with throwing it out after getting out of it for 3 months or so. It doesn't necessarily smudge yet the sparkles do flake onto my eyes that I kind of like becuz its like I have sparkles/glitter on my eyes in a natural and light way. Definitely not repurchasing but it was fun while it lasted. It did give my eyelashes a volumizing effect within a natural look, but I can get the original colossal in this case without the sparkles and diamonds.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by bmichlig

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Whoa - interesting spin with the negative review. I rather like this mascara.

I tend to purchase ds mascaras because I've never tried a high end one that did anything better than the rest and most of them are so highly fragranced they cause my eyes to tear up and some give me a headache (Lancome, Dior, Chanel). I flit around from Voluminous to Lash Blast to CG Professional Thickening usually. They're all adequate - they darken, they increase thickness and make my clear eyelashes look like something special. I always choose blackest black - does the job, doesn't require any thinking.

I got this Colossal Diamond on sale for $3 and change at Target - just to give it a try. I always bend the mascara wand to allow me to get right to the root of the lashes and to apply cleanly on my lower lashes. This went on smoothly, without clumping, and was very very black with fairly subtle sparks here and there. Tons of thickening but still manageable on the lower lashes. I did 2 coats to balance out a smoky eye look, and my lashes were long, lush, feathery looking with just very subtle sparkle here and there. No flaking, smudging or smearing in spite of my layered eye creams, sunblock and tinted moisturizer.

I recommend this mascara highly - the overall effect was gentle, subtle enough for day at work for this 43 year old, not at all young or clubby, but still seriously thick and fringey. Very nice. Well worth the $.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by xgothbeauty14x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was not what I was expecting. It takes a few coats for the lashes to actually build, and when it does, it clumps together and isnt very "voluminous". while the sparkles are somewhat visible, when you wash it off you get sparkles all over your face. not something worth 6 dollars.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by adored88

This mascara is not good at all, takes many swipes to build up lashes, this is not good for a supposed 'volume' mascara. The 'diamond' part is nothing special, you can hardly see the sparkles on your lashes (saw them more when they are on the brush) - I even tried to look at it in the sun! The formula seems to be on the drier side as well which = clumpiness. I bought black but it was not dark black at all - looks dark gray. It's not expensive but since it is a waste of money and I have to use another mascara on top of it, I guess it's value is all relative.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This Colossal Diamond mascara is colossal crap. It has so much glitter in it that lashes look like they have dandruff. It's not a good look at all. Not even for the tips of the lashes. I bought 2 tubes of this stuff because I love the colossal mascara so much, but this is craptastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by twilightxsky

well the diamons are noticable on your eyelashes. especially if the sun gets in your eyes. because if you swap the masacara wand onto your hand, theres a buttload of glitter. it is noticable you just have to work the formula into your lashes(because i use like 30 swipes on my lashes for every masacara i have so..) but i think its because it was in the store for too long, but it clumps like no other. but i do love the mascara, so i guess ill go but the colossal waterproof:)