September 14, 2014 | 2169 users online

Toners - L'Occitane - Immortelle Brightening water

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This toner smells lovely but I do not notice that much of a brightening effect. This is a decent second step to your makeup routine, but it does not dramatically change your skin. It just feels nice. L'Occitane's Immortelle Brightening Cream works a lot better for clearing the complexion. This is just an average toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Mutley7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started using the range recently only by accident, but so glad. I've never really seen the point of toners as they didnt seem to do anything and made my sking taught and not nice at all. But this one's so light and refreshing smelling. I used it on tropical holiday as well. I can tell my skin has brightened up quite a but, but i am using the cleanser, toner and moisturiser, i.e. the whole the range. Love it love it love it, will keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by rosiers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Good toner, doesn't bubble up (happens to toner adding surfactant). Will buy again when it's on special.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by FabCo

After using an alcohol based toner for years I decided to switch to a milder one that would suit my skin better (I´m over 30 and my skin is dry and dull with a few sun spots).
This one works great: smells nice, isn´t harsh, takes away the dirt cleanser might have left, moisturizes and brightens my complexion.
Even though I would buy it again, I´m not sure if I should keep using toners.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by laroquea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I keep coming back to this product because it does an excellent job of removing make-up and grime my face wash missed, but it does not dry out my skin. I've purchased off and on for years, using Loreal's alchohol free toner when I need something less expensive.

It's a good product for me in the winter, as my skin gets dry and crepey looking.

I've read others on L'Occitane's website use it in a spritz bottle to add moisture on top of their make-up. However, I am not sure it would be moisturizing enough for me. But, I may give it a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by atsitl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This toner is delivering what it says, regarding brightening. I can see my skin tone- which is already fair- being even whiter. But it also broke me out severely in the area of the chin- sth that is nowhere mentioned in the label :-). Hate to write that, as I really love L'Occitane; but my chin has never looked so ugly. Maybe it's just my skin sensitivity. I thought I should mention it, just in case someone has the same effects.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another one of those 'brightening' gimmicks. Oh well, I fall for it every time.
I bought is together with the accompanying face wash and the Precious Fluid. It's an ok toner. I don't look brighter, but at least I'm not spottier either. I will finish is and will never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I have not used toners for a very long time since I find them useless and couldn't be bothered with them in my skincare regime. BUT this toner is what got me into using toners again. I really love this toner. It really energizes my senses and skin whenever i use it as it smells great (of daisies). It softens my skin while making it smooth, refreshed, and calm. The bottle is nice too as it allows for control of how much product should come out. The texture is exactly like water hence its not greasy and does not leave a film on my skin (which is important to me). Not to mention, its natural!!! I really look forward to using this day and night in my routine. Its a pleasure to use. I will buy this always. Its $30 Cdn (before taxes) for 200 ml so a pretty good buy. I love the L'Occitane Immortelle Precious and Brightening line.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by mamamabel

I bought this toner in companion with the other immortelle brightening range. Pros : sweet floral scent, gentle on skin, refreshing, organic. Cons : dislike the bottle's cap (it was hard to unscrew). Overall, I will buy this product again :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have not used this product, so I did the central-tendency thing and just did 3's down the middle - so please excuse this rating, if able to. I wanted to post the ingredients for those who value this sort of thing:

L’Occitane Brightening Water
Ingredients:

Aqua/Water** - Glycerin** - Pentyene Glycol- Bellis Parennis (Daisy) Flower Extract ** - Helichrysum Italicum Extract ** Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water*- PEG40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil** - Sodium Chloride**-Ascorbyl Glucoside**- Ethylhexlglycerin- Sodium Citrate** - Parfum/Fragrance - Sodium Phytate - Phenoxyethanol - Potassium Sorbate - Sodium Benzoate- Hexyl Cinnamal- Benzyl Salicylate- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone- Linalool- Citral- Limonene.

I will likely purchase this at some point, and will update my review when I do so.