April 21, 2014 | 1196 users online

Cleansers - Neostrata - oil free gel cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for quite a few months now, an have to say I'm dissapointed :( I have super oily, clog prone and acne prone skin with visible pores and redness. While I don't always have large pimples, I have small but visible bumps covering my whole face. This cleanser was not nearly as effective as I hoped. The bumps reduced slightly, but never a lot. My skin is still very oily and dehydrated looking, and my blackheads and open pores are the same. However, this didn't cause me to breakout or have extra irritation, so it's not bad, just not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Arikiki

I've been using this product for 3 years now. Since it is a little expensive, sometimes i switch for a cheaper cleanser , but then i remember that it is the only cleanser i know that helps to control my acne and my oily face. After a couple of days , you will see a big improvement in the glow of your face and it will help scarring the acne.This product made me fall in love with the neostrata brand and i often refer my friends to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by brianne123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The cleanser is good but not AS GOOD as the clarifying gel cleanser that Neostrata has. The oil free one didn't remove my makeup well at all (I use eye makeup remover but this cleanser could barely clean my face makeup off) and I would end up having to wash my face twice to get it clean. If you're looking at Neostrata, I would recommend the clarifying cleanser over this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

I received this as a small sample sized tube at SDM and left it in my drawer unopened until I ran out of my biotherm cleanser 2 weeks ago. After using this for 3 days, I immediately went out to buy a full sized tube and stopped using my regular face cleanser. Within 3 days, my skin was noticeably brighter, all my white heads were cleared up, my skin was smoother, and every pore was tighter. After 2 weeks of using this cleanser, my skin has been more clear than it has been for months. The texture of the gel cleanser is a bit watery and it smells a bit like chlorine, but it REALLY REALLY works. The results are better than a light chemical peel at the spa because it's a gradual every removal of dead skin cells to give you better, brighter skin every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best ever, completely cleared up my acne. I use with their oil free moisturizer and the glycolic toner

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Tishy24

Been using this product for over 3 years. I'm a product junky so I'm always on the look out for new cleansers to try but I always go back to this one. It really helps to keep my skin balanced and under control.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by click

This came as a trial size in a kit containing a few other products, so I'm not sure about price or packaging. The product inside is a winner, though. Cleans thoroughly, unlike the Multi-Activ Cleansing Milk. Removes makeup, including mascara, and rinses cleanly away. Can occasionally be a little drying, but since I follow with moisturizer thats not a big deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by dellie182

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product works great on my combination skin. I use it with the Olay Pro-X facial cleansing brush and my skin feels wonderful afterwards. The smell is fresh and clean, I find it very pleasant. It's the most expensive cleanser I've ever purchased, so I like to get it when it's on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart. I'll definitely be re-purchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by iloovelalu

I have been using this product for about six months in conjunction with Differin and Clindoxyl gel, and I can say that this product has made such a huge difference to my skin care regimen! I use it in the morning and at night, prior to applying my acne medicine. I have noticed that my topical creams absorb much faster after cleansing my face with this product, and it also leaves my skin feeling very supple.

The product comes out as a white gel, with very handy pump-form packaging.

Pros:
Contains 150 mL of product
Handy pump packaging
Contains 4% glycolic acid
Does not give me breakouts
Gentle on skin

Cons:
Packaging is not see-through, and gives no indication as to how much product is left
May be a bit pricey for some at $27 CDN
Does not completely remove "tough" makeup

All in all I would definitely re-purchase this.

EDIT: I went to my local Shopper's to pick up a new bottle, and aggravatingly enough, the packaging had been changed to a squeeze tube bottle. Although I feel very tempted to take off a lippie for the crappy packaging, I feel like it would be doing too much of an injustice. Two thumbs way down.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by dbhoops

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great cleanser for oil/acne prone skin!

I've been using this as part of my morning and night time routine (I follow it up with the NeoStrata Toning Solution Level 2 and the Smoothing Lotion Level 3)

It has a great texture, not funny and not to thick. Plus there is not over powering smell. It is easy to lather and massages well into the skin/pores.

I find it does a great job in getting makeup off, but I still see a little bits of dirt/makeup after I use the toner.

It's been wonderful in helping get rid of stubborn blackheads on/around my nose, I will continue to use.