October 20, 2014 | 1971 users online

Lip Treatments - Hard Candy - Balm Girls in Julie

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Julie is described as "coral" on Walmart's website, though I would describe it as a light peachy-pink. I have a warm skintone and fairly light lips, and either this balm is super sheer or it's too close to my natural lip color because it does not show up at all on me. It adds a bit of shine but no color. It is very moisturizing and almost "oily" feeling (but in a good way -- the ingredients list includes lots of natural oils); however, the moisturizing feeling doesn't seem to last too long. I'm not a huge fan of the scent (it reminds me a bit of Play Doh) but the scent does not last long so it doesn't bother me. I might try one of the darker colors before I write this off completely, but I wouldn't recommend Julie for most people.

Here is the ingredients list copied from Walmart's website; I don't know if the ellipsis means there are additional ingredients they didn't list since I already threw out my package:

"Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire d'abeille), Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Polyethylene, Ricinus, Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indicia (Mango) Seed Butter, Flavor (Aroma), Saccharin, Polymethyl Methacrylate ... "

I paid $5 at my local Walmart.