November 22, 2014 | 1798 users online

Lipstick - Mary Kay - Signature lipstick in Downtown Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Rich chocolate brown w a bit of shimmer! This reminds me of the old skool 1990s shades I used to wear, kind of like Revlon Toast of NY, but more frosty. This is brown enough not to look goth on me (I find many dark shades to be kind of vampy on me even though I am not super pale), but it's very classy! Another good MK brown is Amber Suede as well but AS has more red where as DB is more brown. Straight up brown no plum very little reddishness on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedskier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the silver lipstick. It has the best staying power of the lipsticks I've tried. It has vibrant color and looks good on a brunette or someone with olive skin tone. It can be slightly drying so make sure to moisturize prior to using. If I don't line my lips, it still looks nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by AlleyCat1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this lipstick. I have chronic dry lips and this keeps them moisturised which is a massive plus. The colour is good but I would prefer it slightly darker maybe. And the smell is really old fashioned.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by maha2008

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to find swatches of Mary Kay lipstick but was not able to find.

I am posting lots of Picture so If anyone wants to try a lipstick from this line you have some help here.

I bought the old version of lipstick (silver packaging) at $7 each from Mary Kay representative.

The new ones (Blue packaging I bought $3 each new from another Marykay representative.

The deal was I can not return the products since she wanted to get rid of them, unlike when you buy at full price $13 if you do not like you can return them.

Old silver packaging lipstick: The smell is there, some people might not like it since it is not pleasant smell like Mac lipsticks.
Colors are pigmented, staying power is reasonable.
A lip balm is a must since they are drying.

New blue packaging lipstick: : Like the packaging, they weigh more when holding in hand in comparison with old lipstick. I do not feel any smell in them. Staying power is like same as the old one. They are less drying but you still need moisturizer.

Final thoughts.
I will not buy them again. If you have not tried these lipstick and like specific color and want to buy them for $5 or less, it ok to try.

They are not that great and if you have not tried them do not worry you are not missing anything special.

The Price $13 is way too much, I rather add some money and buy Mac lipstick or Estee lauder or Lancome

I like Milani lipstick, Loreal color Rick Lipstick, Maybelline color sensational and Revlon Color burst lipstick, Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstickm Wetnwild Matte lipsticks and Mac way way better than these Marykay ones.

One more thing about new lipstick some colors fades very awful way, which I dislike the most. Just like Cover girl Lip Perfection lipsticks the top layer just goes off even drinking water and you have that uneven stain on your lips.

But I like Mary kay Lipstick better than Covergirl Lip Perfection(Just for the ugly Fading away problem cover girl lipstick have)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by MissApril221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a light/medium skin tone and this color was way too dark for me but Mary Kay lipsticks are great and I've found other colors that work great for me. See my reviews on "Shell" & "Red".

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by blainereyes

Love Mary Kay lipsticks but this color is too dark for me and I am of an olive or medium-beige skintone. Recommend for women of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by luckchanger

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Being very fair I thought this would be too dark on me but as long as I don't put it on heavily it looks beautiful. Last a long time too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by mtycer

Had a sample of this. Nice color, a little dark for me (a little shimmery/pearly, deep reddish brown. Not very smooth. Kind of drying for my lips. Won't purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 10:01:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am revisiting DB after a long separation, namely the end of the 90's. I wore much darker shades in my younger years (20s) and have gravitated towards nudes for some time now.
Downtown Brown is a really pretty shade; I find it has a fair amount of mauve/purplish tones to it as well as the gold/brown.THANK GOODNESS MK got rid of the old lady perfumey lipstick smell/taste. This is a vanilla, similar to MAC, and is the same as their new lip glosses.
It is fairly drying as others have mentioned-I also blot to remove some of the frost. I'm at an age where frosts aren't really flattering, but blotted it looks just right-like the darker shades that are coming out in the fall collections.
I am generally limited to what I can wear on my lips due to my coloring and propensity to have colors fuschia on me,but I can carry this off with a little work.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by bluengold2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great neutral basic lipstick for me. Im not a fan of the forsts but this one works for me.