October 25, 2014 | 870 users online

Hair Treatments - Bumble & Bumble - Thickening Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by alexplastic

I wanted to love this product but I have bad experience with hair 'thickening' products so I would have been happy with even a minimal difference. This did literally nothing to improve the appearance or texture of my thin hair. I used it for a good 3 weeks before I gave up. Don't waste your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by CKAriel

This is a fantastic product for thin or fine hair BUT you have to use it properly and the directions on the bottle are WRONG. I took a star off for that reason only. Per a real B&B rep: pump one or two times into fingers and quickly massage into roots. Leave in hair over night. The next morning RINSE out the product. Then blow dry and style as usual. If you don't rinse it out your hair can get very greasy very quickly. Trust me I learned the hard way. I've been using this product over a year now. A little goes a long way with my fine medium to longish hair so although its expensive I don't pay for it often. Oh and I personally think it smells great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by cdavis21

This product was recommended to me by my stylist because I had lost a lot of hair due to lupus. Within three days, I saw a huge difference on the spots where my hair fell out most. This gives the illusion that I have more hair than I really do, which is a confidence booster right now. I absolutely love this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Serduszka

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fine thin hair and this truly does nothing. A waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by lulu2222

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Because I have fine blond hair and not that much of it, I am a sucker for a product with the word "thickening" in its title. This product, B&B Thickening Serum, does absolutely nothing to "thicken" my hair. It's a total waste of money in a cute little bottle. To paraphrase B&B, it's useless (really). If I didn't feel so dumb for buying it, I'd take it back to Sephora but I'm going to leave it on my bathroom shelf so it serves as a daily reminder to NOT buy stuff on the spur of the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by bubblegum83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product actually seems to work for me. After I've shampooed and towel dried my hair, I will rub the serum into the temples, where the hair is lesser, then run through my fingers through the rest of my long hair. There doesn't seem to be such a severe "bald spot" when I pull my hair back into a tight pony tail.

It's a watery yellow serum that dries up very quickly when you pump into your palm.

It is quite expensive considering the quantity, so I wouldn't recommend using all the product throughout the entire head or hair. It is probably best for people who have mild "balding" problem. continued >>

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No