July 28, 2014 | 2054 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tatcha - Aburatorigami - Japanese blotting papers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by NettalynVB

While I hated The Ritual (it hurts us, preciousss!) I do love the blotting papers. Unlike many blotting papers, these don't have any powder added to them, so it's a clean, simply and delicate way to blot without leaving residue. I also don't find that they remove any foundation/powder when I blot, they just lightly absorb any shine and you can go on your merry way.

I've used Chidoriya's gold beauty papers in the past, but these are just as good (for me) and are slightly cheaper. I love the gold flecks, the small size and the delicate feel.

The packaging is okay, but not very convenient or sturdy; if you let it float around in your purse the papers might end up a bit the worse for wear. I've remedied this by transferring them into my tissue case from Chidoriya- it makes me feel even more elegant this way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

With temperatures hitting 105 degrees, blotting papers are an essential in my makeup bag. The packaging is elegant, but these are simply "okay" for removing shine and excess oil. At this price point, I prefer the Boscia blotting papers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Leelee57

I am on my second package of these papers and I have to say they are simply the best compared to all the other ones I've used. They leave my makeup completely in tact, and doesn't "over dry" my face and leaving it completely one dimensional and flat. My skin is pretty finicky - it can get oily during the summer, but the oil sits on top of dry patches. When I used Clean and Clear blue sheets, I noticed that if I had slightly flaky skin, it makes the flakes look even more noticeable - and the same problem happened with Shiseido blotting papers. I've also used the Body Shop tea tree oil and find them too small and not oil absorbing enough. But with these blotting papers, they leave my skin looking radiant and not slick, and feeling soft, and not flaky.

As much as I love these, I wish they were more rectangular and portable, like the Clean and Clear papers, and a bit cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by LillyGenuineGlow

Best blotting papers I have tried. I have combination skin, (forehead gets super-oily) and live in warm/humid climate so I am constantly fighting against shine. I just gently dab my face with one of these (they are very large and you can use both sides) and it absorbs all the oily perfectly. Also, they don't contain powder, so they don't leave any chalky residue on skin. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

This is my first review... Let this be a positive one.
Honestly I looove these sheets. The packaging is beautiful, it looks like a little treasure (well they're not that small, actually they're quite big), to be honest I bought these because of the packaging. I don't use these too often, but when I use I always surprise how good they do the job. I prefer these over the MAC blotting film.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I had a chance to try one of these at Sephora and I jumped at it because I've been curious whether they were really very different from the $1.50 Daiso blotting sheets I use on a regular basis. The answer is, they're a little different: a little bit softer, a little bit less crackly, a little bit prettier, a little bit more absorbent. They're definitely not over 10x better at any of those things than the Daiso blotting papers so I won't be shelling out to use them regularly, but they're a pretty reasonable small luxury to tuck in my bag on occasiona when I want to look or feel a tiny bit more elegant, and I'll probably buy them for that one of these days when I need a treat.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just don't understand the hype or the high price of these blotting papers. They work as well as any blotting papers I have tried but cost at least twice as much as even the most expensive I have previously used.

Yes, they blot away excess oil without messing up makeup or leaving behind powder and the little, cardboard envelope-type packaging is convenient. But this is my experience with all blotting papers as I have never previously purchased any that are coated in powder or come in large, awkward packages.

I like these, they're quite nice, but I won't buy again unless the price drops dramatically.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by finchburg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked up the bundle at Sephora for 19 USD that contained the day papers (qty of 30) and the night papers (qty of 40). The night papers are about half the size of the day and black in color (intent is that the package would fit into a smaller clutch). If you thinking about trying these out and splurging I suggest trying to find the Sephora bundle. I found this near check out where they have lots of minis/travel sets.

Prior to these papers I've used NYX green tea and the Clean and Clear blotters. What I love about the Tatcha papers is how they remove excess oil but leave just enough behind. I'm super oily but I can also get dry and flaky so sometimes after blotting the flakes look worse and my skin appears super dry. With these it was like the shine got dimmed to a point where I just looked refreshed and not over dry.

I really like the size of the day papers, you can use both sides so I only need to use one paper a day. I really can't do that with other blotters. These papers would make a great gift and if you can find the bundle at Sephora I would definitely try them out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by yumyum915

I love these blotting papers :) My makeup doesn't come off and the packaging is so beautiful. I love seeing the gold specks, and they feel so luxurious :) My only wish is that it was cheaper but I don't love it any less because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

These are simply the most elegant blotting papers I've ever used. Handmade in Japan from 100% Abaca Leaf, they contain real gold flakes. They're very thin but super absorbent and larger than most blotting papers. The packaging is sturdy and attractively designed with an illustration of a Geisha on the front. The price, however, isn't quite as attractive. I paid $19 dollars at Sephora's for a special set of 30 sheets plus a smaller travel set with 40 sheets. These probably won't replace my Palladio blotting papers for regular use, but as a special treat or a very chic gift, these are perfect.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No