October 21, 2014 | 1609 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - Enlighten Skin-Enhancing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by mstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wore this powder for many years, and it holds a special place in my heart. Enlighten was simply the best. The powder was very sheer (I only needed sheer coverage at the time), and looked COMPLETELY natural on the skin. Didn't clog pores, never looked cakey no matter how many times I reapplied, and gave a natural-matte finish that didn't dull my skintone...it allowed the natural skin to show through.

I wore shade #5 Dark ( for reference, I am NW45, Meow Persian 5/6, Mary Kay 607). This was an absolutely fantastic color for me...not too warm or too dark, and it never veered towards orange once my skin got oily. In fact, Enlighten didn't change colors at all once the oil hit my skin.

The packaging was great...the compact was very sleek for the time (I wore it in the early 2000s). The best part was that it included a very nice pony-hair brush that gave a nice, smooth finish on the skin. Enlighten was really a great product, and I was almost in tears when Estee Lauder discontinued it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by leftie89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really enjoyed this powder. It was easy to apply, had good staying-power, and did not rub off easily but was very easily removed at nights. Sweating was the only issue but that's to be expected.
My only problem was that the SA gave me a darker shade than I needed. I would love to pruchase the product again should I find it in a lighter shade, but unfortunately I gave the powder away before writing down what shade it was haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2003 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Jaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I remember first using this product during my senior year of high school & loving it. I started using it again a few months back...& it doesn't seem as great as when I first used it. I bought it in the shade translucent. While it does control oil & mattify my face without looking overly chalky, it is easy to go overboard in applying, resulting in emphasis on dry patches. This powder also doesn't control oil long enough for me (I have quite oily, combination skin). However, I do like the sleek packaging & natural, mattifying finish it leaves: The powder disappears & seems to "melt" into my face rather than just sitting on top. I've found it difficult to use pressed powders with a puff without making my face look chalky. With this product, I have the combined ease of a pressed powder with the more "natural" look of a loose powder (using the included brush applicator). The brush applicator is small, but applies the powder good & evenly (I don't know what it's made of, but the hair is very soft & fluffy). I love the soft silky texture of the powder, too!Overall, a good product that I may buy again...but only if I can't find a better product to replace it, which I don't see happening for awhile anyways, considering this compact is going to last me a long, long time! =) continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2003 4:56:00 PM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i think i bought this in too light a color, because it didn't get me very far. it all but disappeared on my skin. no mattifying, no enhancing, no nothing. and i really don't like EL's packaging. it's kind of old lady to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2002 5:35:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pressed powder that comes with a brush to give a loose powder look. It looks invisible on and makes the skin feel very soft and smooth. This is what is unique about it. I have slightly oily skin that needs oil-control and this didn't control the oil well enough. This is the reason it didn't work out for me, but I would strongly recommend this for many skintypes, except the very dry and skins that requires lots of oil-control. I wore the shade 'Light' which worked pretty well on my MAC NC20/Stila B skintone...although, it sometimes looked a tad orangey. Not the best match.