April 17, 2014 | 1893 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Trimmed in Pink

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Annazraf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this with vivaglam cyndi or pink nouveau. Summer, here I come!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This sold out in a flash when it came out early in 2010 with the Too Fabulous collection.

I waited and waited, hoping it would be restocked on the MAC site, but it wasn't.

In the meantime, I became a woman obsessed, looking for a comparable pink lip pencil.

I looked at Avon, Stila, Urban Decay, Clinique, Prescriptives, Estee Lauder, and probably more I don't remember.

NOOObody offers a bright pink lip pencil, for some reason.

I wear fuchsia/bright pink lipsticks pretty much all summer, so I figured I *needed* a coordinating lip pencil.

Trimmed In Pink was still on the MAC Pro site, so I took a chance and phoned MAC, and was able to order one!

I am so glad I did, because Trimmed In Pink is absolute perfection.

It's smooth, creamy, and well-pigmented; it glides on and stays where you put it.

As for the color, it's more wonderful than I'd even dared hope for.

It pretty much matches Lickable and/or Girl About Town.

I heartily concur with others that MAC doesn't make another color like this, so they have GOT to make this one permanent, as a Pro product, if nothing else!

If you like bright pink, GET THIS.

I plan to make a herculean effort to get another when I use this one up.
UPDATE: Okay, forget the ranting about a "herculean effort to get another one when I use this one up." I went the coward route, and bought a backup! I have NEVER before backed up a lip pencil in my life, but this one is SPECIAL!
P.S. When I phoned MAC on 6/3/10, I was told that they have "plenty" of these, so if you have trouble finding one, try phoning 1-800-387-6707. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this liner sight unseen from the MAC website, figuring a "bright blue pink" would be perfect for my coloring. Somehow, I had missed the "bright" part and got something quite different from what I was expecting...

Trimmed in Pink is indeed a _bright_ pink with blue undertones. And when I first swatched it, I freaked and buried it at the bottom of my make-up case, where it remained in cosmetic purgatory for a few weeks...

However, guilt has prodded me into experimenting...and y'know what? I quite like Trimmed in Pink.

For a pencil, the formula is very creamy. It's easy to blend the color in with my finger for a nice stain. Since brights really aren't my thing, I usually wind up toning the color down with semi-sheer glosses and lipsticks, and the whole effect lasts for a few hours of casual sips of a drink and conversation.

Indoors, under artificial light, you'll probably find the color a little "meh", but outdoors...under the sun...the color itself is surprisingly LOVELY. Very flattering for cool-toned skin, face-brightening even.

Given my own reaction to the brightness of this color, I think it's safe to say that Trimmed in Pink is not for everyone: if you're color-shy, or warm-toned, you'd better skip this color. However, if you have a collection of cooler bright pinks and fuscias, Trimmed in Pink is a no-brainer. And if you dig a pretty, "feminine"-looking lip, Trimmed in Pink is a wonderful option.

Shame it's LE, as I'm sure I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by ginapea

Just bought this lip liner & LOVE! Obsessed w/layering it under Viva Cyndi! Amazing combo!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by amytobiko

i bought this because spring is coming and i'm a bit tired of staying with so much neutral makeup that i already own. the bright pink intrigued me, so i bought it intending to wear with MAC's LE Viva Glam Lady Gaga.
but i fell in love with this lipliner - and i never really LOVED any liners before. i want to wear this over everything, it gives you that hint of pink over neutrals and corals, and probably would brighten a darker lipstick. love it.

not sure i would repurchase as I've always lost lip liners before i've finished using it all, but if i run out i hope MAC will repromote this liner then. :) give it a try and blend it with your fave neutral colors for a pinkish kick, you won't regret it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipliner with hot pink lipsticks. I do believe it's limited edition which is sad because MAC dosn't have a bright hot pink lipliner. They have Magenta which has purple in it, but i think Trimmed in Pink is a much better match for their bright pink lipsticks. Glad i bought this lipliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

MAC finally came up with the lip liner shade that I have been waiting for! A bright blue pink, Trimmed in Pink is a must for anyone who is a fan of fuchsia or bright pink lip shades (and you better hurry, because it is part of the Too Fabulous collection, much of which is LE). In fact, with the exception of Chestnut, all of the wonderful lip pencils in this collection are LE - and that is truly maddening, since the formula for these pencils is better than those of the permanent line MAC lip pencils (the ones you have to sharpen, not the creme liners). These pencils are creamier and more pigmented. Rumor has it that they *may* become part of the permanent line if sales are satisfactory...so go buy one already! (I myself have already purchased a back-up, if that's any indication of how much I love this color). Even women with olive skin will find Trimmed in Pink easy to wear - despite its blue undertones, it works on me (NC35/NC40ish depending on the time of year).