September 2, 2014 | 975 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - 10 Color Eyeshadow Pallet - Jazz Night

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by echoluster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like the other NYX palettes, this one is also a dud. These colors look so pretty in the palette, but many of them are really strange when applied, not to mention uneven pigmentation and texture. These colors would be better purchased as singles or from a brand like Urban Decay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Photos of this palette don't do justice to the colors and finishes I saw when I first swatched this palette. This palette contains 10 very different shades in a variety of matte, duo-tone, and gently shimmering finishes. I'm usually not one to wear cool-toned shades, but this palette contains some beautiful, silver-shifting blues and lavenders that make the whole palette worth the price, considering that usually these palettes are $10, making each shade about $1.

The palette itself is very simple and sleek, with an applicator I don't care for and a very large mirror on the inside. Application of the shades is effortless as the product is silky to the touch, and both brush and fingertip application deposits high-intensity color. The darkest shades, maybe 2 of the 10, are a little on the chalkier side as far as texture, but it's not a bad thing as these are great for layering over the lighter shades to create the illusion of depth without having to resort to another eyeshadow product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by avel

This is my favourite eyeshadow palette. It's so much better than the Naked palette in terms of quality and versatility. The pigmentation is really great and I use most of the colours in there. And I love how it can pack 10 colours in such a small palette - it's lightweight and very travel friendly. I think I've had mine for about three years and it's still going strong despite the fact that I use it almost everyday. The best of all is the price - only around $10. What more can I ask for?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this palette on a youtube tutorial and thought to myself how gorgeous the colors looked on the girl's brown eyes. I found a good deal on Amazon ($10) with free shipping and bought it right away. I just created a similar look using a fluffy eye shadow brush and was very impressed by how blendable and pretty the colors are. I used the taupe color on my lids and the light plum and brown in my crease and the yellowish color was a perfect highlight under the brow and I also used a touch of it right in the center of the lid. I used a black liquid eyeliner and was amazed at how transformed my eyes look and my eye color really stands out. When I read the MUA reviews, I was pretty shocked because I like the product a lot and I have a whole range of eye shadows from the very expensive Naked Palette to the Wet n Wild trios. I don't understand why people are saying the colors aren't blendable or pigmented. Maybe they wanted to look like a clown. The colors go on soft, but you can keep layering them for a darker look. This also depends on the brush you use. If you use the shorter, rounded e/s brush you'll get a lot more pigment than if you use the fluffier brushes (which I prefer) for a softer look. I suggest ladies dissatisfied with this product should try again and not use the sponge applicators.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by nytterai

I find this to be my go to palette. I see lots of negative reviews, but this really works for me. My favorite shades are the plum, the lilac-ish, the indigo with purple sparkles, the matte brow, the black, and the golden shadow. The rest I don't find myself using as often. I find this palette highly usefull and versatile. I also find it highly pigmented. It surprises how some other reviewer don't. I always prime before I apply and this lasts for HOURS. Even my whole prom night : D
I recommend it. Some shades in there are really woth trying. Make sure to apply with proper brushes : D
I give it a 4 for the packaging because it does get scratched easily. The large mirror is really useful.
And rate it a four out of 5 because I don't use some of the shades as much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Only the black and plum shades are worth having in this palette. The butter yellow, heavy glitter silver, tacky blue and purple with pink glitter are terribly unflattering. Save your money and buy the Smokey and Champagne & caviar palettes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by skyh1gh

The colors look great in the pan, but really dull when swatched.....
and the color doesn't seem to come off the pan too.......sigh...14bucks wasted.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by evilc123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette before reading MUA reviews (blasphemy, I know!) but, man am I glad I did! I am honestly pretty shocked to see such negative reviews because this palette makes me want to buy all the NYX palettes in this line. I really like the packaging. It is very thin and sleek, so it doesn't take up valuable space in my makeup kit.

Out of all 10 shadows in this palette the only one that I don't like is the light gray color in the bottom left. I do have to admit that this particular shade is super chalky and basically worthless. However, the rest of the shadows are super pignmented and blendable. I have been able to use this palette for duping some of the pixiwoo looks when I don't have the exact shade they are using. The purples can be used together to create a really gorgeous daytime plum eye and then if you add some of the dark indigo color you can easily transition into a sultry evening look. I and pretty picky about eye makeup and rarely stray from MAC, but I am very glad that I made the exception for this palette. I am sure I will end up buying more!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

Okay, normally I love NYX shadows, but this palette sucks! There's no pigmentation on these shadows whatsoever, with the exception the dark purple and the dark brown on the bottom row. I'm returning this to Ulta! Even a two dollar Wet 'n Wild shadow I own shows up better than these colors!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

Really, I don't know why I'm keeping this. It's ok. Worst than most drugstore shadows. The gray was horrible, both are. Was trying to do a smokey eye, and it just wasn't pigmented enough to cover my lid. Tried to foil it, and the $1 ELF one was better!

I'm too lazy to return it, I like the darker shades for the crease (so plain tho, brown and black), and the purples are pretty but still not too pigmented (I don't mind as much cuz I like a more natural look).

Still, this is the worse NYX palette I own! I have two trios and love them, and Champagne and Caviar, which is more plain, but still better!