The Body Shop Aloe Body Butter

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Lanolin Alcohol, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil) Nut Oil, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Water.

on 3/16/2015 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love it

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 8/14/2014 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this super hydrating body butter with no scent . It's a very neutral smell that won't compete with perfumes. It's made for sensitive skin as well.

on 7/22/2014 2:09:00 AM

This is an HG product for me. Of all the Body Shop products I do buy, this is one I always keep repurchasing. I try all the other scented body butters but they're just way too scented and sometimes even hard to apply. This one is a lighter texture so it applies so well and is quickly absorbed. I love that it is unscented so my whole family can use it. I even used it on my son's skin when he was a baby with no issues for his sensitive skin. I sometimes find some lotions or body butters don't moisturize, but not this one. It moisturizes like a dream and penetrates the skin so well. My skin doesn't feel tight at all when I use it during our harsh dry winters. Great product!! HG!!

on 5/3/2014 1:26:00 PM

I picked this up unplanned due to a 2/1 sale at Ulta. I almost returned it because I was not crazy about the scent. Then, incidentally, I got a sunburn. This feels AMAZING on sunburned skin; better than any other aloe product I've used! These body butter products are pricey and $20 is hard for me to cough up for lotion (although the Vineyard Peach scented body butter is my jam and a staple on my dressing table. It smells so good I am tempted to take a bite out of it). The Aloe body butter will be great for summer or any occasion where you might get a lot of sun, or up at high altitudes when skin can get uncomfortably dry. Can't say I would've purchased it if there was a tester available, or without that 2 for 1 sale.

on 4/30/2014 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is truly amazing! No scent and sinks in very fast and an absolut stable in my routine.

on 4/18/2014 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I find this to be the lightest of the body butters I have tried, it absorbs faster and is not quite as thick and heavy feeling and not as moisturizing. It has a very light scent, almost not even noticeable. Good for the summer or when you don't want a strong scent (I find a lot of the other butters too strong sometimes). Would repurchase.

on 2/12/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm in love with this product. I have very sensitive skin that gets VERY dry during the winter. There was no lotion that could sooth my skin, I tried Eucerin, Jergens, Vaseline and I was still itching all over. So I decided to try something more mild, with less chemicals and no scent.

I use the body butter twice a day (morning and night), it absorbs easy and lasts all day. It has also made me skin very soft. Definitely recommend this product to anyone who has very sensitive skin.

on 12/28/2013 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

UPDATE: While this is largely unscented, I detect a slight Almer's School Glue scent to it. Slight, but still...
I love this stuff for my super dry hands in winter. I carry a tub of this around in my purse for use whenever I wash my hands or take off my gloves. I like how it is super moisturizing without being sticky and how it does not take ages to absorb nor does it leave an odd film on my skin. I like how this product is unscented. I am usually a big fan of scented things, but I find using them in public a bit embarrassing, they can clash with the scent you are wearing and heavy fragrance can irritate those around you - hence this is a great thing to have in my purse.
I was gifted this so I have no idea how much it costs, but given how much I like it, I am fairly certain I will be repurchasing next winter - given how small a dent has been created thus far, I wont be needing a new tub any time soon.

on 12/18/2013 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

AMAZING body butter. I have extremely sensitive skin, and any lotions with fragrance or certain ingredients make me break out. For years I have used another lotion, but it was so full of dimethicone. This body butter has glycerin as it's moisturizing ingredient instead. Much better for you. It feels AMAZING and keeps skin soft and moisturized all day. Also it has a nice, fresh clean scent that doesn't linger , so it doesn't overpower any perfume. Love this stuff. I stock up during their sales, because $20 a pop is super expensive as this butter doesn't last very long.

on 12/30/2012 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love how this is unscented. Very soothing and hydrating. With all the scented products I own, it's nice to just have a very calming body butter for when my skin is feeling irritated and can't handle fragrance. Great for after shaving, too! I would not spend the $20 on this, though. Purchased during TBS's great sale's.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products