April 17, 2014 | 1735 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Aloe Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by PosterRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with this product. I have very sensitive skin that gets VERY dry during the winter. There was no lotion that could sooth my skin, I tried Eucerin, Jergens, Vaseline and I was still itching all over. So I decided to try something more mild, with less chemicals and no scent.

I use the body butter twice a day (morning and night), it absorbs easy and lasts all day. It has also made me skin very soft. Definitely recommend this product to anyone who has very sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: While this is largely unscented, I detect a slight Almer's School Glue scent to it. Slight, but still...
I love this stuff for my super dry hands in winter. I carry a tub of this around in my purse for use whenever I wash my hands or take off my gloves. I like how it is super moisturizing without being sticky and how it does not take ages to absorb nor does it leave an odd film on my skin. I like how this product is unscented. I am usually a big fan of scented things, but I find using them in public a bit embarrassing, they can clash with the scent you are wearing and heavy fragrance can irritate those around you - hence this is a great thing to have in my purse.
I was gifted this so I have no idea how much it costs, but given how much I like it, I am fairly certain I will be repurchasing next winter - given how small a dent has been created thus far, I wont be needing a new tub any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by emnems22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

AMAZING body butter. I have extremely sensitive skin, and any lotions with fragrance or certain ingredients make me break out. For years I have used another lotion, but it was so full of dimethicone. This body butter has glycerin as it's moisturizing ingredient instead. Much better for you. It feels AMAZING and keeps skin soft and moisturized all day. Also it has a nice, fresh clean scent that doesn't linger , so it doesn't overpower any perfume. Love this stuff. I stock up during their sales, because $20 a pop is super expensive as this butter doesn't last very long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love how this is unscented. Very soothing and hydrating. With all the scented products I own, it's nice to just have a very calming body butter for when my skin is feeling irritated and can't handle fragrance. Great for after shaving, too! I would not spend the $20 on this, though. Purchased during TBS's great sale's.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra470

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product!!!! I use it every night on my legs and upper body. Since I was about 8 I've had very very sensitive skin. Every time i scratched my legs a scab appeared the next day. So I did some research and apparently this body butter is great for sensitive skin and plus its natural!!! Totally would re-buy. It changed my life..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect body butter for sensitive skin. It has no parabens or preservatives. I find it very moisturizing, but not too greasy. It has no perfume, so if you want a body cream with a scent, look out for other Body Shop butters. I have on occasion used it on my face in the winter, when my skin gets very dry due to the heating and had no adverse reaction. It is expensive, but lasts a long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Aloe body butter seems lighter and less emollient than the other TBS body butters. It also has a scent that is subtle, but I didn't like and did not work on my personal chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my HG moisturizer for my legs, which get very dry and sensitive after shaving. This moisturizer is very effective and makes my legs so soft. I also love that it is scent free, and a little goes a long way. Packaging is great too, because you can easily get every last bit of lotion out before throwing the container away.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Rokmelon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm always trying new Body Shop butters because I just love them so much. You can pick some of the butters up at Ulta now, which is nice because I don't have to drive too far to get them.

This is my favorite "body" butter. Most of them I just use on my hands and feet. I use this body butter after shaving and it doesn't irritate my legs in the slightest. I love that it is unscented as well.

One thing I noticed though, did you know that although the body butters are all in the same canister they are different amounts? For instance the Hemp body butter is 6.75 ounces, but the Aloe is 8.4 ounces. Sneaky Body Shop!!! LOL

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lostintheshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Leaves my skin feeling soft for two days! Don't need to use much either. Calms the irritation I get after shaving a lot. Doesn't feel too heavy on the skin. I don't mind the smell at all - subtle and natural to me. Would be great for men who don't want to go around smelling like strawberries etc, anyone with a sensitive nose or people who don't want their body care products to interfere with the smell of their fragrances. I got asked if I was wearing stockings the other day because my legs looked so silky :D A little on the expensive side (as are most TBS products here in Australia since there aren't any sales) but worth it IMO.