September 18, 2014 | 1267 users online

Highlighters - Kanebo - Silky Highlighting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Jitney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried various powder highlighters ranging from MAC's Lightscapade, Medium Plus, to Nars Albatross, to drugstore brands, and yet I always return to this trusty highlighter. Albatross is too yellow, Lightscapade (and most MAC MSFs for hightlighters) is too frosty, while drugstore brands are too gritty.
I received this via swap in August 2013, and have been using it on a daily basis since. This is a staple in my makeup routine. It is a very finely milled, smooth-textured powder that gives me a glow without even a hint of sparkle or shimmer. Finding the perfect powder highlighter involves two things: texture and undertone. This meets both of those requirements for my skin tone. I am very heavyhanded when I appy this as a highlight on my cheek and brow bones, cupid's bow, and nasolabial folds (laugh lines), yet it never looks chalky, ashy, pink, overly yellow, or shimmery. For reference: Asian, NC35-42, very oily combination skin. However, as much as I love this product, I probably won't repurchase or reswap due to it being $45 and hard to find in the states (just hit the pan today). I use enough products from overseas, I don't need to add another one!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Kuolleet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first highlighter ive ever bought so i dont have enything to relate too but i really like it! It has a nice shimmery glow and the brush you get its nice for the application. It was quite expensive.. but its really worth it because you dont need much and it shows off really beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Gogowa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i liked this highlighter first of all because it is yellowish, and since im warm toned (nc 30-35), yellow toned powders and highlighters wroks best for me.
what i also liked about it is that it has little pearly shimmer, i apply it on cheek bones and undereyes (to fix touch eclat concealer)..its amazing.
i didnt like the packaging, because the brush comes right on the powder, i prefer if there's a compartment for the brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 7:34:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best highlighter I ever had. Very light vanilla colour that leaves the purest & most sophisticated glow. It really doesn’t glitter at all. Infact, it’s possible to use this as an all-over powder on “no make-up days” or “less make-up” days. During my vacation in Denmark a couple of weeks ago, I wore this instead of my usual fluid make-up because of the heat. It worked like a charm and has a wonderful “photoshop”-/”smoother”-effect.
I’ve been using it daily and haven’t left a dent yet, so it’s quite something for the amount of money. Also doesn’t break me out like Dianne Brill’s highlighter (unfortunately, I loved it otherwise). It just really gives me this radiant, perfected, porcelain doll look without ever looking artificial or, god forbid, sparkling. Also, the little brush that comes with the powder is perfect for application, no kidding. I'm usually not a fan of the brushes that come with any piece of make-up but this very wide brush is really soft & smooth.
Photos of the product plus swatch uploaded above. Would I repurchase this? Anytime. I am absolutely convinced I won’t find anything better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference, this what the powder looks like: http://www.sensai-cosmetics.com/detail/index.php?lang=en&id=sf006

This is only the second face highlighter I have actually used. I used to use Stila's All-over shimmer in Gold until I got sick of the unsanitary method of applying liquid shimmer with a brush repeatedly. This is an elegant powder highlighter - it comes with a little brush that I use to swipe the powder over my forehead and cheekbones. I used a pony tail brush to highlight smaller areas (cupid's bow, nose, brow bone, etc). It's hard to overdo this powder - somedays when I get a bit happy with my highlighter, I can see the faint shimmer on my face BUT it's still quite beautiful and ethereal. At $45 for 5 g, it is pricey but I've used it 5 days a week for 4 months now and I haven't made a dent. There's a little embossing on the powder and I've just gotten "past" that so still more product left. This doesn't dry my face out at all and even when I swatch this with my index finger, you never get a gaudy, "glittery" look. I'll be looking out for a cheaper highlighter (since I'm good at controlling how much product I apply onto my brushes) but this was a good one and I enjoyed my purchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No