Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector

2.7

ingredients: water\aqua\eau ,dimethicone ,isododecane , cyclopentasiloxane ,polysilicone-11 ,butylene glycol ,ascorbyl glucoside ,peg-10 dimethicone ,curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract ,oryza sativa (rice) bran extract ,citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract ,hordeum vulgare (barley) extract\extrait d'orge ,triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract ,betula alba (birch) bark extract ,cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract ,dimethoxytolyl propylresorcinol ,scutellaria baicalensis root extract ,morus bombycis (mulberry) root extract ,trametes versicolor extract ,saccharomyces lysate extract ,yeast extract\faex\extrait de levure ,peg-6 ,tromethamine ,salicylic acid ,polysorbate 20 ,cholesterol ,isohexadecane ,propylene glycol dicaprate ,helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake ,caffeine ,tocopheryl acetate ,acetyl glucosamine ,simethicone ,glycyrrhetinic acid ,polysorbate 80 ,sodium hyaluronate ,di-c12-18 alkyl dimonium chloride ,sodium rna ,squalane ,sodium sulfite ,sodium metabisulfite ,caprylyl glycol ,hexylene glycol ,ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer ,acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer ,disodium edta ,phenoxyethanol ,yellow 6 (ci 15985) ,yellow 5 (ci 19140)

I have normal/acne prone skin. Bought this product 4 months ago. Went to Clinique counter wanting to buy the Smart serum but instead, the person told me that this would suite me better. I was pretty skeptical as I saw the review on this product was pretty bad. When I tried for the first month, i rejected it as it broke me out and it didn't seems to be reducing my scars. My boyfriend urged me to finish using it. I went on to finish it and did saw the results. My face use to be filled with scars and pigmentation which I tend to cover it up with makeup. After three months, my family and friends who have saw me with and without makeup have now, cannot differentiate it anymore as my scars and pigmentations have faded a lot as well as my skin have now smoothen out. At first it did broke me out pretty badly but over the 3 months, lesser and lesser pimple appear and now, my face don't break out unless during my period. I've stopped using it for 2 weeks as I was waiting to buy it at the airport, pimples came back and my skin doesn't seem as good as when I was using this product. Therefore, i would really recommend this product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I used a 100ml bottle for 3-4months in hopes it helps my acne spots, not age spots or sun damadge, but fresh acne marks. Basically it didn't speed the recovery rate and I didn't see much benefits for such a expensive product. I got it -50% for 60€(full price was 120€, yikes!!!).
I use the Garnier dark spot corrector now, which contains vitamin c and chemical exfoliant, costs 6€ and does a better job.
I love Clinique products, but this one just disappointed me.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I think Clinique used to have another version of this several years ago; I had purchased that other version and had a lot of success with it, but I think it was discontinued and replaced with this product. Over the last several months I have developed a lot of acne around my chin and jawline, and so I was really expecting to see a change given the success I had with that other Clinique product. This serum had a minimal impact on my skin, and I used it CONSISTENTLY. Some of the scars did become slightly lighter, but the difference was really slight. I was also hoping that since it has some salicylic acid in it, it would have an effect on my acne, but it did not. On top of that, this serum is pretty expensive. To me, it's not worth the cost. I am seeing a MUCH more substantial difference in my acne scarring using the amazonian bentonite clay mask - that stuff really works!

In the past, I've had success with hydroquinone products for lightening my freckles/age spots but I'm always a little worried about using them - they can turn skin gray if used too much and the ingredient is banned in Europe. Based on the ad copy for this product, I had the highest hopes that it was a safe, effective way to acheive the same result as hydroquinone - but no dice. Just to be sure, I actually took cell phone photos of my cheeks before starting the product and then after 3 months of faithful daily use (along with the SPF version of the product in the daytime) and I'm sad to report there was ZERO difference. I really wish I could get my money back! I eventually I switched over to Murad's Rapid Age Spot Serum (which does have hydroquinone) and saw a brighter face within just days. Sigh.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'll keep this review short. The serum simply doesn't work. I'm Asian and despite using sunscreen every day I still have some hyperpigmentation Didn't lighten ANY of my existing age spots.

I have been using this product for two months now,and so far no results in spot correction.I have a small scar on my right cheek from my teens .Over the years ,it has lightened but still visible .I am getting married soon, and so i bought this product hoping it would help,however i haven't noticed any difference.It is advised to apply moisturizer+sunscreen on top of it.The consistency is good and gets adsorbed quickly.It din't give me any breakouts.But seems just an added step in my skincare regime and it didn't do anything for me.:(

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Nope. Doesn't work. There is absolutely no redeeming quality to this product. Just a hole in your wallet and jar taking up space in the medicine cabinet.

Been using this for 6 weeks. The lady at the counter said this is when I will start to see improvements. Still have very bad acne scarring on my forehead and other areas on my face. Extremely expensive, didn't work, broke me out, not worth it.

I have normal/combination skin with a fair amount of acne scarring. I've been using this product for at least six months and I've seen a vast improvement in the scarring (the scarring got lighter and it looked like it was disappearing). I'm pretty impressed with this corrector. It has a running consistency, goes on a little sticky, but gets absorbed quite quickly. There isn't much of a fragrance and it didn't break me out. You can put on moisturizer afterwards, but you don't have to. One complaint I do have about this is if you like trying out new products, this isn't for you. For some reason, when I stopped using this to try another serum, the scarring kind of came back....So I really don't know how long I have to use this product to get "permanent" results.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- formula feels nice on skin
- does not need additional moisturizer at night
- does not leave greasy film after application or after many hours
- does not irritate my skin or my eyes (if accidentally smeared close)
- one pump is enough for my cheeks and forehead where my spots are
- pump dispenser = more sanitary and keeps formula from deteriorating

Cons:
- does not eliminate or lighten spots
- spendy for the amount in the whole bottle
- large bottle packaging, small amount
- can't tell when you are running out

Got this from my mom's stash. Used it day and night. No improvement on dark spots. Won't repurchase. Try it as it seems to work for some people - maybe the younger set??