November 25, 2014 | 1827 users online

Moisturizers - Avon - Reversalist Night Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Odette7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am soon to finish my jar of this. I wish I could afford to buy another one but it is a bit pricey for me. Sigh. Price aside this is a lovely product. My skin is a bit oily so I apply it very lightly, it absorbs well and the scent is light and nice, and my face looks and feels great in the morning. I have used it for a few months and found my skin has overall improved - more even tone and firmer. Not dramatic improvement, but a definite improvement! Some reckon it is unhygienic to pack face cream in a pot, but since I wash my hands before cleansing my face and then use the moisturiser, I don't see a problem here. Will buy again when it's on special.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I loved this rich, thick cream, right up to the moment it broke me out like a 12 year old boy. I am very clog prone, but rarely break out unless its from a product. I used this nightly for 8 days, when 3 cystic, painful bumps appeared. It took weeks for them to go away and I still have a purple mark from one. I believe it was the heavy amount of cones that was the culprit, but I wouldn't try it again to find out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While this product in particular is geared for 40's, people should select the proper product depending on their own skin type since not everyone in their 40's have the same skin needs. Some need more moisture and some like me who have oilier skin need less. Also, having tried very expensive products I have found that price does not make a real difference in making my skin any better than less pricy products such as Avon.

I first tried the set in the silver packaging and it was too oily for me. Then I tried this one in the trial set which includes face wash, day cream, night cream and eye cream.

For the past two weeks I have been using Olay on one half and Avon on the other. The Olay feels "thin" and not very moisturizing whereas this moisturizer is very emolient, easy to spread and my skin feels very soft. I really like this product and will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Iíve waited a while to review this one. Let me preface by saying that I am a huge Avon Anew skincare fan. About 5 years back (I am 28 now), I noticed that my skin was showing some signs of aging because I spend a lot of time in the sun riding horses. So I decided that I better jump on an anti-aging skincare routine as soon as possible. I tried a few different lines like Olay, Avon, Meaningful Beauty, Reclaim, Natural Advantage and Freeze 24/7. I ended up coming back to Avon about a year ago and havenít looked back since. My skin just looks better when Iím using Anew. Iíve tried nearly every Anew product Avon carries. In the winter my skin is super dry so I like to go with the Ultimate products and in the summer, since my skinís a little less dry, I usually go with the Rejuvenate line. This spring, though, I decided to try this line and have been really happy. I will say this though, it did take my skin some time to get used to it. When I first tried it, I hated it. My skin turned into a tight, flaky, dry mess. So I decided to wait until the weather mellowed out a little. The Reversalist line has really helped keep my skin looking ageless. The night cream is moisturizing and soothing. Plus I believe that Avon has really stayed on top of technology, providing us with the best skincare possible. I will continue to use Avon skincare for the rest of my life because it hasnít disappointed yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by LillyRoseCat

I've been using Reversalist Night Cream for several months now (on my fourth jar), and I love it. I think it's important to use age-appropriate skin care products, because our skin has different needs at different ages. The Reversalist line is for women in their 40s, and I'm 45, with changing hormones and skin problems typical for my age. I need a good deal of moisturization, lots of exfoliation, yet am super sensitive and break out easily. This cream is the only one I've found that moisturizes sufficiently without making me break out. It plumps up my skin, which helps with fine lines. It even plumps my lips, which is great. It hasn't made much difference for my slight age spots, but it does make my skin supple and smooth -- much more so than other creams I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As with the other products in the Reversalist line, I am not all that happy with them. Iím just ďmehĒ about them. When I first started using the night cream it felt lovely on my skin and provided a slight tingling feeling. After a few months of use the tingling feeling is gone. I did not notice any improvements with skin discolouration after more than 4 weeks of use. It also does not make my skin feel any firmer or tighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Designgirl96

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also really like this night cream. It's not too heavy or too scented. I have noticed that my skin looks and feels so smooth the next morning. I love it! I have very dry skin and it just drinks this up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm presuming this is the same as the product I've been using, the full name is Avon Anew Reversalist Renewal Night Cream (what a mouthful!)

I'm surprised by the other reviews as I really like it. It is very rich which is why I like it - goes on like silk. It does take a while to sink in but you have to be patient! I apply once, leave for a few minutes to sink in, then apply a bit more, and that seems to work for me. I'm on my second jar.

I won't pretend it's worked any miracles though. The wrinkles I had before are still there, as is the sagging jawline! It's just a mouisturizer after all. It's a reasonable price and you can't expect much more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

I purchased a mini jar of this at an Avon store. This is supposed to tighten slacking skin. It is a scented product and that immediately put me off. The texture is liquidy and would better be offered in a squeeze tube or pump bottle. As it is the jar will not keep antoxidants stable and makes the product easy to contaminate. The product is also quite greasy feeling and seems loaded with silicones. It sits on top of skin instead of penetrating.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by snikolac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My skin has been getting drier lately and of course I'm getting older, so I thought I'd see whether all the hype about this cream was true. It was not. I broke out in a terrible rash after only a few hours. The cream itself feels heavy, but it doesn't actually seem to moisturize -- well, maybe that's because I had to wash it off too soon (due to the rash). Anyway, just another disappointing product from Avon.