August 20, 2014 | 2027 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - In Synch

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have pale skin in the winter, NC15 and this liner pulled very orange on my skin. I would recommend this to anyone darker than me, I'll get more use out of this in the summer though for sure. It is very creamy

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by fionasimmins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this lip liner. I have very fair skin and blue eyes and this colour looks pale and peachy against my skin. I could see this looking totally white or darker skin tones. I pair this with myth lipstick and I get a gorgeous pale, peachy nude. It's expensive but I have yet to find any comparable products/colours. Thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ehhh could take it or leave it.. Nothing great about this.. It looked a lot more baby pink in the store, in natural light, it leans a slight bit orange (if you're cool toned like myself). Have a drugstore lip liner that's the exact same color but better; won't purchase again

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

basically its a "concealer lip liner" (im nw15 -nw 20 for reference). im really disappointed. its really drying, you cant fill your lips evenly and its color makes the natural color of your lips disappear..
of course i wont be bying it again, but since i have it, i tried to find a way to use it. so far, the only way i found to apply this (fill your lips) evenly is: if u apply it and then rub your your lips with your finger, the way that you would put a lip balm / lip gloss (in a pot) with your finger, it blends and the color is distributed equally -there are no patches with more or less color. then you put on a bit of a lip balm, because it leaves your lips really drying and you can pair it with your lipstick (it goes well with creme cup and sweetie) and if you want you can put a bit of lipgloss on top. since its kind of a "concealer lip liner", it accentuates the color of the lipstick so it would be better to use it with a light color lipstick, or if you want your lips to "stand out" with a brighter color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by makesmesmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Why purchase if it's not you color? I don't understand some reviews here. I always make sure that I like the color and that it matches me before I buy it.

Anyways, this pencil is perfect. I mainly own nude lipsticks just like Myth, Viva Glam Gaga, Angel, Creme Cup, Shy Girl etc.
I love it so much because it works for every nude lipstick I own.
Sometimes I even use it on it's own. It's not as creamy as other liners by MAC but it looks just as nice on my lips. But I have to say that I actually prefer creamier lip pencils. It can emphasize dry lips but I don't have that issue since I always use lip conditioner.

I'm pretty fair, around NC15-NC20, so it doesn't look too light on me.
I wouldn't recommend it to darker skintones unless you want to look like Nicki Minaj.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

This is a pretty pale pink (almost whitish) liner that I use mostly when I want bubblegum pink lips. I use this mostly with Viva Glam Gaga, Of Royalty, Pretty Please, Nude Rose, Saint Germain. I feel like Nicki Minaj when I wear it. Has ok staying power. I just got it because it's such a unique color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Dulcesusana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i went to MAC a year ago to get my makeup done and the make up artist used in synch in my lips with viva glam gaga (pink) and baby sparks dazzle glass, I was automatically in love. It's a bright, yellow toned pink. It looked like a liner that would be perfect for my pink lipsticks.. It's a pretty good color for those who wear very nude lip colors. If you like Creme d' Nude, this may be a good choice. its beautiful color and the way I like to wear it, is all over my lips, with a nude, pink lipstick. Even though it's slightly drier than other MAC Lip Liners, I don't find that it dries out my lips at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

While I was swatching liners at MAC, I was automatically drawn to In Synch. It's a bright, yellow toned pink. It looked like a liner that would be perfect for my peachy pink lipsticks. Upon bringing my nifty new purchase home, I realized the color is much lighter than I thought it was. Darn that tricky department store lighting! I thought it would be something like Illamasqua Obey in Lip Liner form, but there are absolutely no coral tones present in In Synch. The brightness and yellow tone give the illusion of a coral tone, but nope - it's simply pink. In fact, the color is actually lighter than my lips. Speaking for myself, I don't have a very distinct lip outline, so lip liner is a necessity for me. I typically like using liners that are a bit warmer than my natural lip color, or a color very similar (mocha, caramel pinks & nudes, etc.) Considering this shade is actually lighter than my lips, it's not going to provide me with that slightly darker border for my lip that I like, but it does work well in a couple of other ways. It's a pretty good color for those who wear very nude lip colors. If you like Creme d' Nude, Myth or any similar shades, this may be a good choice for you for a subtle liner. It can also be applied slightly outside your natural lip line to give the effect of fuller lips. The lip liner itself, is a beautiful color and the way I like to wear it, is all over my lips, with a nude, pink or peach lip gloss over it. For my skin tone, it makes a great pinky-nude lip. When using this lip liner, I do suggest applying a coat of lip balm prior (or on top) as the texture is a bit dry. Even though it's slightly drier than other MAC Lip Liners, I don't find that it dries out my lips at all. I always wear lipgloss over it and it works great. My fav combo is In Synch all over my lips with MAC Prr Lipglass on top!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree that compared to other MAC lip liners this one isn't as creamy, which is why I give it a 4 and not a 5. What makes this product amazing though is that it is such a unique color. Like a lot of people I find that most pink l/l either lean cool or rosey or nudey/browney, which is okay, but when you want your light or medium warm pink or coral l/s to stay that way it's an interference.

I got this l/l because my lips are naturally mauvey and I have a hard time getting warm pink or peachy-pink lip colors to show up true. I'm also a NW43 so medium shade pinks just tend to pull differently. Obviously I would never wear this l/l on it's own or with clear gloss because it's way too light, but it's an excellent product for canceling out the dark mauvey pigment to my lips and allowing the true color of my lippies to shine through. The fact that it is so light means it won't darken your bright lippie what so ever. I had a l/l that was just a shade or two darker and it did that and it was so disappointing.

All in all this l/l is a color saver for me and it will be a staple for me, especially through the spring/summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by AndreaReneeXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Such a lovely colour. It's a true pink on me, I use it with all of my pink lipsticks/lipglosses and it gives them the perfect finish.
Great staying power and applies very well. I'm so glad it's part of the permanent line now, cause I was panicking and thought I'd missed it in the Quite Cute line (only thing I really wanted from it).
Very happy, will repurchase.