September 23, 2014 | 2069 users online

Gels/Soaps - Korres - Japanese Rose Showergel

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by ferndarlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love this!
They stock it in Waitrose in the UK and I bought my first bottle sometime last year when it was on offer for about 5, and was hooked. It's about 8 usually but it's currently on offer right now on buy 1 get 1 free so I've obviously stocked up ;)
Why I love it... the fragrance is INSANE. I like rose as much as the next person, but some products that are 'rose' come across as cloying, stuffy cheap fragrances that smells like old ladies powder puffs or like a nasty synthetic fragranced candle.
This stuff smells so FRESH and sweet, almost edible like rose-honey or edible rose candy (Turkish Delight maybe?).
It is perfect for the mornings or the evening as the fragrance is uplifting and soothing all at once. It lingers on the skin nicely too. It's mega MOISTURISING and luxurious to use. It has friendly ingredients too which I guess explains the steep price./
If your hair is feeling a bit dry/frizzy it also makes a wonderful creamy shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by stls

Normally I go for vanilla or fruity scented shower gels. But when the mood for florals strikes during spring this one probably my best bet.
The scent reminds me of a lush bouquet of fresh roses, while most of the rose scented body products I've tried smell sugary sweet like Turkish delight.
The packaging is neat and clean- cut and feels sturdy
The price is a bit much I guess but the product itself is a delight
I find it quite moisturizing and gentle for the skin
Lathers easily in a rich foam and the scent lingers for awhile

So, well, if you've always dreamed of having a bubble bath with the tub covered with roses like me this shower gel is a pretty good olfactory interpretation!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by snazzalicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't like the smell of rose products. I love the real thing, but no product can smell like the real thing. The funny thing about Korres' Japanese Rose is that it doesn't really smell like a rose at all. It's actually more of a strong fruity, kind-of-rose smell. I absolutely adore it. The body cream and shower gel are musts for anyone who loves sweet scents and great products.

The shower gel lathers up nicely, is free from a lot of nasties, and leaves you smelling delicious. Makes shower time that much better when you have this delicious smell wafting around you.

I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Jels

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lathers very well. Doesn't smell like typical rose scented products, which I like because perfumes really bother me. Not drying. Love the packaging because I can control how much I want to pour out of the squeeze top. Tons of product for the price, I compared it to what I pay for Body Shop products and it was very comparable but much better quality. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin and i'm very picky with shower gels, soap however are less problematic for me. This did not cause any problems, very gentle and cleanses well, not drying. The scent however is kinda strange. Its rose scented, but with something else... i can't figure out what the other scent is but it really ruin the overall fragrance.

Overall a very good quality shower gel, i tried this in mango and it smells divine!!! so tropical it makes me happy everytime i uses it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can recommend this shower gel. It has a great consistency and no ingredients that irritate or dry my skin. As for the smell it's fresh and relaxing, like a very light smell of roses, but not a typical rose scent, maybe there's a hint of lime too, really comfortable, not this heavy smell that gives you headache. No parabens, a big plus. I didn't know that this came with a pump, I guess I have the old bottle version. If it has a pump, then I give it 5 stars! The price is fair. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This is the massive 13.53 oz, redesigned pump bottle. You get A LOT of product and it took me a long time to use it all. I like the pump better than the pour style of the old packaging because I have found that 2 pumps is enough, therefore I don't waste product!
The scent is nice and light. It actually does not smell too much like roses, so if you hate roses, you shouldn't be too bothered by this. My BF hates thee smell of roses and had no idea that this was supposed to smell like them lol...
Over all great product, Korres wins as always. I would repurchase.