November 1, 2014 | 1352 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Korres - Japanese Rose Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by snazzalicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

When I was in a store that sold Korres products, I was super excited to finally try them out after reading so much about them. I completely passed on smelling this body butter because I'm really not a fan of rose scents. They're usually just a generic rose scent I'm not fond of. Because of this, I completely passed on this product and caught my first whiff of it when my aunt used it on herself. Turned out that she didn't like it (wasn't quite what she wanted), but for me, it was love at first whiff.

It's a delicious sweet, kind-of-rose-but-not scent. This lotion sinks into the skin very quickly, doesn't leave you feeling like there's a film of your moisturiser on your skin constantly, and it made my skin super soft. I loved using this during summer, it's such a beautiful scent, I can't get enough of it and have also bought myself the shower gel.

Cannot recommend this enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by ASmallTurnip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

God, I love this. I get dry, cranky skin in winter, and have to be pretty vigilant about keeping the itchies at bay. Korres' body butter formulation, no matter what scent you go for, is fantastic: thick and luxurious-feeling, but sinks in incredibly quickly. Within 60 seconds, there's no slippery feeling, just softness. I've never found a cream or lotion quite like it for comfortable application and longevity.

And the scent. Oh, the scent. It's so lovely. It's not a powdery, granny rose like L'Occitane's rose lotions (not that there's anything intrinsically wrong with a powdery rose--I love a good one, myself), nor is it a more modern, spicy rose like Ren's Moroccan Rose. The "Japanese" descriptor is actually pretty spot-on: it's very soft and quiet, like the feeling a mossy, misty Japanese garden might give you. There's a faint sense of something like jasmine tea in the background, something delicate, fleeting and very beautiful. I get about three to four hours of noticeable scent, but I doubt anyone else will smell it on you unless they're up quite close, so if you're worried about wearing anything too overpowering, you're safe here.

All in all, it's pretty close to perfect. I'd be very happy to use this and only this for as long as Korres makes it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by FlameDancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so sad -- I love Korres products, and their scents are always really lovely and true to the name. Except for this product. There's nothing at all like roses about the smell of this lotion. It smells like a generic floral with a slight green tint to it. It's nice, but it's just a generic perfume counter sort of scent. It woks pretty well as a lotion, though it's not miraculous or anything. I expect much more from this line, and with their other products, they tend to deliver.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by ejtrudell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Luckily, I got this in a mini sampler pack I bought at JCPenney during the holidays (5 of the 1.69 oz. butters for $20). I love the smell of roses, just not THESE roses. I think I'm partial to the more traditional, Grandma-y rose scent, but this is slightly off to me. I love Korres as a company and I love their body butters (like another reviewer said, I also use them just on my hands since they're normally pricey), but I much prefer Quince and Guava to this scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by peps123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a sucker for the smell of roses. I use this as a handcream because it is too expensive to use it as an allover body moisturizer. It's a light cream which is not too heavy. I just love the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by jlclerf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This may be expensive, but it sure is worth it! I don't usually care for Korres' body butters, but once I caught a whiff of this one I knew I had to have it. I'm not a big fan of rose scents in skincare or perfume, probably because I've smelled so many that are just unnaturally harsh. To me, a rose should smell like the ones I've smelled in gardens just after the rain - sweet, somewhat crisp, very slightly green, but always soft. Soft is what is missing from so many rose scents out there, but Korres has captured it in this lovely moisturizer. It smells very delicate, but manages to have phenominal staying power. It's sweet without being cloying and crisp without being sharp. The moisturizing capabilities are great too. My skin is soft and smooth, but not greasy or sticky. The packaging is nice to look at - a plastic tube that stands on its top, with some stylized roses printed on it in shades of red and pink. Overall, a wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This is the newly redone 7.95oz lotion in the squeeze tube bottle. It is kind of spendy at $30, but a very good product. I love the scent. It actually does not smell too much like roses, just a sweet floral scent. My boyfriend HATES the smell of roses but tolerates this. He actually had no idea this was supposed to smell like roses, lol.
Over all, this is a nice product and I would buy it again to go with the shower gel of the same scent.