October 24, 2014 | 884 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Glow Pearls - Beige Pearl 7041

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I agree with trishee below and am in the same age range. I have a highlighter I love best, but found this on clearance so decided to finally try it since its so well liked here. Mine seems to have a whiteish over spray that's cooler than the product beneath it. It looks fairly dark in the pan in some areas but still looks like a sheer, warm toned, light in shade, dewy not shimmery, highlighter on me. It reminds me a little of Nars Albatross but way less yellow.Yet ssimilar effect. Using a fan brush and light hand this is pretty, and like I said, dewy. If heavy handed as with most such products, you run the risk of looking like the Tin Man in a school production. This is also pretty down there nose and a little bit brushed lightly over dark brows to catch there light. Then take a fluffy brush you don't use anymore and brush a little on to your hairline too. It catches the light on dark hair so well but doesn't look like you've got any product on it. I first learned that trick with my more expensive highlighter but this works even better in that capacity, and there's a ton of product to play with because you only use a tiny bit on your cheekbones.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by swizzlequeen24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed, obsessed with this! I love the compact, that it comes with a mirror and a brush. I use this to set my under eye concealer and as a highlight and it makes my skin look awake and glowing and natural without glitter or fakeness. I hope they never discontinue this because its my favorite highlighter!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I have very fair skin with warm undertones, NC15 in MAC, Deauville/Gobi in NARS. I purchased this as a bronzer. Something to warm my face up just a tad after I apply my foundation. This hits the nail on the head! It warms me up and gives the perfect glow for a no-makeup makeup look. I really like it, but I do fear it's causing some clogged pores where I apply it. I would definitely repurchase. I'm looking forward to trying some of the other colors as well. Be warned this IS VERY shimmery! It's not glittery at all, but very shimmery. Would be perfect as a highlight for someone with darker skin than I.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by ForeverKim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome highlighter! Thats all i can say! I gonna admit, im very impressed with it. I bought a lot of illuminator, but this one, with only one swift in you cheekbones, cupids bow or in your inner corner of you eye, its gives the highlight without putting too much.. Awesome product

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I was looking for a really shiny/glittery eyeshadow so I picked this up thinking I could use it in that way. I could, but it was way too pink. I tried it as a highlighter, but it was too pearlized. I think for the right person it would be good, but I prefer a more golden highlighter than a silver-based highlighter. I ended up taking this product back as I couldn't use it for the intended purpose and using it as a highlighter did not work for me. Not a terrible performing product, but just definitely not something I could use. Overall I would say it is average. There are better performing products for the price. The compact is also bulky. Could be much slimmer and streamline.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Wonderland449

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never used highlighter before so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect- I just knew I wanted something to give my face that extra glow. I picked this product up at Target. The price was a little more than I would have preferred but over all not too bad. I got the palest shade because I am fair skinned. I absolutely love it!

I do all of my make up like normal, then at the very end I use the brush they provided and just sweep a "line" so to speak over my cheekbones up to the corners of my eyes. It works like a charm! It gives my face a bright glow that is sexy and very soft. Its not too sparkley so I don't look like a teenager wearing glitter or something. It blends well with the foundation underneath and just looks natural.

Sometimes I brush it on if I'm in a hurry when I'm not wearing make up just for a quick pick me up.

A little tip- if I'm wearing low cut shirts I also brush some over my cleavage LOL.

Overall I would recommend this to others. My only complaint is that since you have to lift the tray to get to the brush, you end up spilling powder on your fingers or hand to get to the brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by jvdb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Ignore how shimmery this looks when you buy it. for some reason the top layer is coated with sparkles...just wipe this layer off and underneath is the perfect overall powder. I find its a little dark to use strictly as a highlighter and a little light to be used as a bronzer so I just quickly brush this all over my face and its pearly finish highlights where I want it to but super subtly bronzes the rest (most bronzers look too harsh on me) so this gives a bronzed look without going overboard.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I have never found a highlighter that I liked until now. My skin is fair and prone to oiliness, and most highlighters just leave me looking like an oil slick a few hours after applying. This is SO different. Truth be told, I only purchased this b/c it was on sale at CVS for $6.99. I think the price point for many PF products is too high, but that being said, maybe I am wrong, because this highlighter rivals much more expensive brands you might see at Sephora.
You get a large amount, enough to last a year, in a sturdy, beautiful package that looks expensive. I like that there are no actual "pearls" that can get messy/lost, just raised indentations in the powder. Now, don't be scared of how shimmery the product looks in the pan, because once it is applied, it leaves a luminous glow, not shimmery or glittery. It gives you a radiant, "glowing from within" complexion. Although it appears to be a light pink in the pan, it is colorless when applied. I use this on my cheekbones, brow bones, and also as a highlighter for the inner corner of my eyes. I even use this when I am otherwise bare faced, just lounging around the house, b/c it makes me look healthy and "glowy" rather than dull.
The effect is subtle in that I don't think anyone would realize you are "wearing" highlighter....but they will notice your glowing complexion!
Best highlighting product I have ever used!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by jmb6095

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this product at all! I thought that I could use it for a highlighter or over my foundation for a nice "glow," but all it accomplishes is to make my face look shiny! It doesn't work for me as a highlighter at all--it doesn't even show up. I think that for the price (it is more expensive than my revlon colorstay foundation), it should be a better product! I would definitely not buy this again. In fact, I am starting to think that Physicians Formula makeup is just poor quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a really good highlighter, Especially for a drugstore brand! It's not glittery or filled with an overwhelming amount of shimmer like you see in the pan, It's actually a really nice subtle look when you apply it. I use it on my cheekbones and I would really say it gives a nice luminous effect. The compact is very sturdy and includes a little brush and mirror. The little applicator they include is almost like what Benefit gives with their boxed powders, it's very small and thin. Rather than using the brush it comes with I'd recommend using a fluffy brush to apply it, It'll also help spread of the powder rather than concentrating it in one spot. I feel like this would probably even work as an all over powder for a luminous finish over foundation, because if applied lightly it's very natural but can also be builded up for a more noticable highlight on cheekbones. At $14 it's a good deal :o)