October 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Gash eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by PowerFemme

Why, oh why, has Gash been discontinued? This has to be one of my most beloved eye shadows, and is a must-have for those with green eyes. Gash is a coppery, rusty red shade that is almost metallic in finish. It is gorgeous all over the lid for a more daring, unusual look or blended into the crease and along the lower lash line for a most subtle smokey effect. Urban Decay produces some of the highest quality eye shadows I've ever used, Gash's buttery and super pigmented formula is an A+. I find myself using this more sparingly because I adore it so much and worry about finding another. I appreciate other reviewers listing some dupes they have discovered, and I will certainly check those out once I've regrettably used up all of Gash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got this in a swap. I have only worn this once, but I like it. Will update once I have worn it more. But so far, it doesn't bother my eyes and had decent lasting power. (I used it on my lower lashline, and most things don't stay there for any length of time at all, but this did)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite eyeshadow for the outer corners. I'll have to agree with the previous reviewer. I also will put a gold on the lids. I use YSL cream #5. Really makes eyes pop. Love this color for brown eyes and hazel too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

When I bought this eyeshadow, it was on a whim because the ma used it on me and it was really pretty on my brown eyes. So i bought it and kept thinking that I was going to want to return it later because its similar to some other shades and not worth the $17, but it turns out that I could never part with this shadow and it has been one that I absolutely love to use. I especially love this paired with MAC's antiqued or Artifact paint pot with a gold (like Amber Lights) on the lid. I have a lot of eyeshadow, but this is one that really stands put in my collection.

Update: The other day at MAC I saw Cranberry and though I thought it looked similar to Gash, I bought it anyway thinking that there was surely a difference. There isn't. Gash and Cranberry are the exact same color, good thing I love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by RaqqStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DUPE ALERT! Maybelline's Eyestudio in Sinful Sinnamon the color on the left Is the EXACT same shade as this! I posted the pics on the with both colors on the bottom of this review the one on the left is Gash and the one on the right is Sinful Sinnamon You really can't tell the difference... Anywho back to the shadow! I love it It's like a burnt red so don't expect blood red.. It reminds me of the color of wine also.. It lasts for a long time and has great pigmentation ( So does Sinful Sinnamon) I got My Gash shadow for 4 bucks off of hautelook so I can't say it was expensive but honestly I would never pay the full price... All in all a beautiful unique color for My collection. btw the Urban Decay Shadow is 1.5 grams and The Maybelline one is 2.5 and you get two shades!

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by BLoNdeGLaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Deep brick red, but don't be scared! As long as you use a light hand, this is very wearable! Since my local Ulta did not have this, I bought it on UD's website having only the swatch they provided to go on. Gash looks absolutely GORGEOUS on the outer half of the lid paired with UD's Half Baked on the inner half. Together, they create a perfect "warm" look that makes my brownish-green eyes POP. Stays looking fresh and perfect all day long with UDPP. Even at $17 for a single, I will purchase another if UD ever decides to discontinue this beautiful red! (Fourth picture above is Half Baked on the inner half, Gash on the outer.)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Shimmering_pink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I found this for 5.99 at winners so I had to buy it, even though I thought the colour was a little out of my range. Turns out, it's great for the creased when paired with golds our browns. I like to put it over a darker brown or just lightly put it as eyeliner on my bottom lashline. It really makes green eyes pop. Of course it is highly pigmented like all UD shadows, so i suggest a light hand to pull this off. Also have used as blush very lightly and it gives a nice flush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by lazypile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really pretty color. It's a deep red burgundy shimmer (no glitter). Other reviews say it's a rust red, and though I can kind of see the rusty tone, mine is definitely a purple/red color.

I have olive green hazel eyes, and this color really brings out their color. It looks really pretty. I haven't experimented with it yet, but it will make a good crease/liner shadow.

I actually got this for $4 on sale, so it was significantly cheaper than regular price. I doubt I'll ever run out, but I think I would probably repurchase if I did because it looks so good with my eye color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by warpspeed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When I first got this product, I expected it to be more of a true red but I actually liked this color a lot. The color payoff is very good. I don't feel like I have to layer it too much to get a good, opaque color. I like to use this as an alternative to the standard brown, black, or grey smokey eye. Sometimes I use it with my matte bright red as an accent on my lash line or outer corner so the red doesn't look as harsh. I really like how it looks on my complexion and I like how I can feel comfortable wearing it on a lot of different occasions without it looking over or underdone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Suprisingly wearable... I can wear this the same way I can wear coppery colors. Red is never easy to pull off, but this shade is definitely doable with practice!