August 28, 2014 | 1790 users online

Blush - Make Up For Ever - Blush Powder in Lilac #89

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Try as a may, I could not get this to show up on my cheeks. By the time I got any pigment going, I'd used up nearly half the pan, and it just looked chalky and Barbie-pink on my skin.

This is the 2nd MUFE blush I've tried and will be my last. I'm also not a fan of the packaging. The slim compact is fine, but it only opens to 90, which annoys me.

I went with NARS Mata Hari instead, which is a similar cool-toned pink with purple undertones. Even at $27, it beats the pants off MUFE, as it's about 4x as much product and 100x more pigmented - and ought to last years rather than months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I shudder to think how much time and money I've spent in my search for the perfect lilac-toned blush.

I think that search is finally over, though, with my acquisition of MUFE's Blush Powder #89.

I bought this sight unseen from Sephora.com, and that site describes #89's color as "vibrant purple lilac."

That rather intimidating description is really fairly accurate; in the pan, #89 is super bright, and it's well pigmented, with a finish that's somewhere between matte and shimmery (I'd call it "satin.").

When I use my Paula Dorf fan brush to lightly dust #89 on my NW15 face, I get a fresh, flattering pink glow, with just a hint of a lilac undertone. This orchid/lilac blush has enough pink to be very wearable, but enough purple to set it apart from all of those countless "everyday" pink blushes out there. In fact, today I wore #89 with MAC's Lavender Whip lipstick, and the two complimented each other beautifully, without being at all OTT.

The Blush Powders come in a small, mirrorless flip-top square compact. I wouldn't mind if the pan, which is about 1.5" inches in diameter, were larger, and the price, $19, a little smaller, but those are relatively minor points.The pan is plenty big enough to accommodate my fan brush, and because the blush is well pigmented, I expect this pan to last a long time.
When I do run out, I won't hesitate to buy this again, and I may well try other MUFE blushes, since they seem to come in just about every color imaginable.
P.S. #89 lasted all day, over MAC Blot Powder, on my very oily skin. continued >>