Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock spf 70

3.7

Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 7.5%, Oxybenzone 5%. Water, cetyl dimethicone, silica, styrene/acrylates copolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, ethylhexylglycerin, steareth-100, caprylyl glycol, pentylene glycol, steareth-2, cyclopentasiloxane, polyester-7, chlorphenesin, bisabolol, disodium EDTA, acrylates/dimethicone copolymer, butylene glycol, BHT, mannan, xanthan gum, polymethyl methacrylate, camellia oleifera leaf extract, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, tocopheryl acetate, portulaca oleracea extract, pantothenic acide, retinyl palmitate, ascorbic acid, phenoxyethanol, fragrance.

on 8/19/2015 1:53:00 PM

I really like this sunscreen, I have been using shiseido sunscreen for a while and I love shiseido' sunscreen texture that I have been trying to find a cheaper alternative, and I have found it in this. the formula must be shaken each time before use and there is a tiny ball inside to help in that, just like shiseido. the packaging is very good, and travel friendly. it is a tiny spout that prevents overpouring because it comes out slowly. the texture is very runny (I like that) and it dries to a semi matte formula, I have combo skin and this doesn't make me oily at all like some other formulas will. it is also a water resistant sunscreen according to the label, I'm not sure if it will hold up that well if u get into the water, because I tested it when I went for a run and it didn't hold up, however I have a separate sunscreen for sport activities so it doesn't bother me too much but anyway, I will continue to buy this all the time

on 8/7/2015 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff. I have been using this product for over two years. I have oily, fair, mature skin and live in the South, so I need a high SPF that can be worn daily under my makeup. I am over 40, so I use a Vitamin C serum first thing after washing my face, then I apply my sunscreen. I allow it to set for a few minutes while I brush my teeth, then apply my Skin 79 BB Cream (the one in the orange container with SPF 50). I don't have problems with the two products interacting together and have had no issues with breakouts other than the occasional hormonal nuisances. I have a back stock of this sunscreen since I use it daily and I order it from Amazon on their Subscribe & Save program. It comes to me automatically every six months and the price is the cheapest I have found. It is also very travel friendly and I did take it to the beach last year. It was the only sunscreen I used on my face while at the beach and it worked great. I highly recommend this product if you are not sensitive to chemical sunscreens. I know Neutrogena does make a similar product with a physical sunscreen in SPF 50 that might be a good alternative for those with sensitive skin.

on 5/25/2015 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Expected this to be better for my oily skin.
I really liked that it was liquid and easy to use. Even though it is a small bottle you do not need much and it seems like it should last a while.
What I did not like is that it did look a little greasy on the skin and never set. My makeup would slide around more then normal too.
Also my skin just did not look as good with this under my makeup.
Overall it was ok but I will not repurchase.

on 5/15/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have very mixed feelings about this sunscreen. I love that it is a liquid, is affordable, and has a very high SPF, but I don't think it works for my skin. I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin and when I use this I find that my skin just seems red and irritated. If I use this instead of a moisturizer it does not provide any moisture at all. I don't think I would purchase this again. I recently tried the L'Oreal Silky Sheer Liquid SPF 50 and I like it soooo much better than this. Try that instead!

on 1/19/2015 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I knew this was too good to be true. Very lightweight. Not sticky at all. No white cast. Seemed perfect for daily use. Aaaaand then it caused a terrible breakout. Back to Ulta you go.

on 10/2/2014 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I purchased this because all of the great reviews on mua but the truth is I have freakishly sensitive hyper reactive skin. It breaks out, is dry combo and gets irritated around the eyes a lot. I loved the consistency and the fact it has a lot of antioxidants in it. But I really think my skin reacts badly to chemical sunscreens. So therfore I could not recommended this. Back to the reviews I go to try to find something.

on 9/29/2014 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used to use the Neutro Dry Touch sunscreen in SPF30, but my dermo told me I needed more protection. I used SPF 45, but neutrogena has reformulated the product and it seems to have less silicone in it, which I relied on to stay matte throughout the day. So I decided to bump it up to 70 in this version.

I love how thin it is (like milk) and that I don't need a whole lot to cover my face, and it absorbs quickly. It still does not have a lot of silicone in it like the original, but that is ok. A little powder won't hurt me.

I also love that it is in a small bottle, which makes it easy for travel. The old Neutrogena Dry Touch was large and needed a quart bag. I feel like I get the same amount of product in the 1.7 oz due to how thin the lotion is.

I use it everyday after having IPL and will continue to use it, even in winter!

on 8/3/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have searched and searched for a sunscreen I can wear every day under my make-up and have failed continually. This is the answer!!!! It leaves my skin matte which is a problem with most sunscreens that leave a shiny layer. I have oily skin so it's already shiny enough. I don't care as much that it has 70 spf; personally, I feel that anything over 50 is a lie... but at least it has a decent amount to help my fair color-ed skin! The dispenser is annoying as all you have to do is tip it over and it starts coming out (slowly though). But that's not enough to even make it 4 lippies for me!

on 5/20/2014 7:02:00 AM

this is amazing!! its not greasy at all!! and i use it before my makeup .just no problem. i got it from a supermarket and only about $9 ! i think i will repurchase it!!

on 5/5/2014 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is what it says it is-ultra sheer and light. It has no white cast. I ran this through the BASF sunscreen simulator and it got a PPD of 9 and it has some antioxidants, which is great, it's about as effective a chemical sunscreen as you get in the US. This is the lightest sunscreen I have ever tired. You can't feel it or see it. It's great under makeup. It does have a light summery fragrance, that does not fade. I took a point off for that and the Retinyl Palmitate and oxybenzone. However, it does not have alcohol and has ascorbic acid.

I am dry/combo skin, but can break out, especially from mineral spfs. This felt drying, but I expected that with Ultra Sheer. I used Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer, which helped. It didn't add enough moisture, but the combo was compatible and it did not make this ball up or flake. It feels tight as I am used to spf moisturizers, but I got this to be less greasy, so I take nothing off for that. I do prefer the feel of Coppertone Oil Free Faces SPF 30 (PPD 7) which is unscented and less drying, though still very light. But this is less shiny and has a matte finish and more spf.