Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock spf 70

3.7

Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 7.5%, Oxybenzone 5%. Water, cetyl dimethicone, silica, styrene/acrylates copolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, ethylhexylglycerin, steareth-100, caprylyl glycol, pentylene glycol, steareth-2, cyclopentasiloxane, polyester-7, chlorphenesin, bisabolol, disodium EDTA, acrylates/dimethicone copolymer, butylene glycol, BHT, mannan, xanthan gum, polymethyl methacrylate, camellia oleifera leaf extract, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, tocopheryl acetate, portulaca oleracea extract, pantothenic acide, retinyl palmitate, ascorbic acid, phenoxyethanol, fragrance.

on 5/15/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very mixed feelings about this sunscreen. I love that it is a liquid, is affordable, and has a very high SPF, but I don't think it works for my skin. I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin and when I use this I find that my skin just seems red and irritated. If I use this instead of a moisturizer it does not provide any moisture at all. I don't think I would purchase this again. I recently tried the L'Oreal Silky Sheer Liquid SPF 50 and I like it soooo much better than this. Try that instead!

on 1/19/2015 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I knew this was too good to be true. Very lightweight. Not sticky at all. No white cast. Seemed perfect for daily use. Aaaaand then it caused a terrible breakout. Back to Ulta you go.

on 10/2/2014 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I purchased this because all of the great reviews on mua but the truth is I have freakishly sensitive hyper reactive skin. It breaks out, is dry combo and gets irritated around the eyes a lot. I loved the consistency and the fact it has a lot of antioxidants in it. But I really think my skin reacts badly to chemical sunscreens. So therfore I could not recommended this. Back to the reviews I go to try to find something.

on 9/29/2014 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used to use the Neutro Dry Touch sunscreen in SPF30, but my dermo told me I needed more protection. I used SPF 45, but neutrogena has reformulated the product and it seems to have less silicone in it, which I relied on to stay matte throughout the day. So I decided to bump it up to 70 in this version.

I love how thin it is (like milk) and that I don't need a whole lot to cover my face, and it absorbs quickly. It still does not have a lot of silicone in it like the original, but that is ok. A little powder won't hurt me.

I also love that it is in a small bottle, which makes it easy for travel. The old Neutrogena Dry Touch was large and needed a quart bag. I feel like I get the same amount of product in the 1.7 oz due to how thin the lotion is.

I use it everyday after having IPL and will continue to use it, even in winter!

on 8/3/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have searched and searched for a sunscreen I can wear every day under my make-up and have failed continually. This is the answer!!!! It leaves my skin matte which is a problem with most sunscreens that leave a shiny layer. I have oily skin so it's already shiny enough. I don't care as much that it has 70 spf; personally, I feel that anything over 50 is a lie... but at least it has a decent amount to help my fair color-ed skin! The dispenser is annoying as all you have to do is tip it over and it starts coming out (slowly though). But that's not enough to even make it 4 lippies for me!

on 5/20/2014 7:02:00 AM

this is amazing!! its not greasy at all!! and i use it before my makeup .just no problem. i got it from a supermarket and only about $9 ! i think i will repurchase it!!

on 5/5/2014 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is what it says it is-ultra sheer and light. It has no white cast. I ran this through the BASF sunscreen simulator and it got a PPD of 9 and it has some antioxidants, which is great, it's about as effective a chemical sunscreen as you get in the US. This is the lightest sunscreen I have ever tired. You can't feel it or see it. It's great under makeup. It does have a light summery fragrance, that does not fade. I took a point off for that and the Retinyl Palmitate and oxybenzone. However, it does not have alcohol and has ascorbic acid.

I am dry/combo skin, but can break out, especially from mineral spfs. This felt drying, but I expected that with Ultra Sheer. I used Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer, which helped. It didn't add enough moisture, but the combo was compatible and it did not make this ball up or flake. It feels tight as I am used to spf moisturizers, but I got this to be less greasy, so I take nothing off for that. I do prefer the feel of Coppertone Oil Free Faces SPF 30 (PPD 7) which is unscented and less drying, though still very light. But this is less shiny and has a matte finish and more spf.

on 10/28/2013 11:49:00 AM

I have had backups of this saved just in case it was discontinued....and I can't believe I ever went away from using it! I have been trying sunscreens from different brands forgetting that this was the original one and also my favorite.

Out of curiosity I ran this through the BASF Sunscreen Simulator and it has a pretty good PPD of 11 (Japanese PA+++) compared to my current fave Estee Lauder Daywear SPF50 which has a PPD of about a 7 or 8.

Without a doubt this is the best sunscreen that I have ever bought. For years I have been searching for a high SPF sunscreen for my face which was light and didn't leave me a greasy mess. This is that product. I apply this after washing my face (no other products on top, no moisturizer or anything like that) and after 10 minutes it has completely sunk into my skin leaving a perfect base for makeup.

I bought this for about $12 from Target and I have already stocked up on several backups in case this is discontinued. Living in Florida and being very fair I need a high SPF and this does the job perfectly. My skin is dry on the cheeks and forehead but oily on my nose and this sunscreen does not leave my face looking shiny. Highly recommended.

on 9/9/2013 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I deleted my old review of this stuff because after 2 years they have apparently reformulated it---I would update the ingredients to reflect this but at this point, the only new ingredient list I can find online is at Neutrogena's site and it's not copyable. It seems to have more antioxidants now or perhaps just a higher concentration of them. To be more specific, ascorbic acid is now listed as the 3rd ingredient rather than the 3rd to last (or whatever it was before), but unfortunately, I think this stuff feels just as bad on my skin as before--maybe even worse. It still makes my skin itch throughout the day--like I'll keep finding that I'm trying to scrape my nails against my face even though, due to years of acne, I am one of those people who NEVER touches their face!

In my old review I also stated that I felt like this stuff actually ages my skin and I gotta say, more antioxidants or not, I still feel like it does this! I am no chemist nor do I aspire to be one, but I would honestly question whether this stuff was actually stable or not cause it seems like every time I buy a bottle (seriously, I've tried to use this crap so many times!) the first couple times I try it, it doesn't seem so bad; just drying, but after a week or two (even if i haven't worn it every day) I always start to feel like it's damaging my skin. At this point not only did it seem to highlight every flaw when I put makeup over it (no matter what kind of moisturizer I tried to wear it with) but it makes my skin all inflamed and dry--and if I smile, I can see all these horrible wrinkles and crinkles everywhere and that's just NOT how my skin normally looks! I honestly feel like if I used it every day I'd probably gain permanent wrinkles from it. I have combo skin and use good am and pm moisturizers btw, so it's not like I was trying to wear this alone.

on 8/29/2013 5:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like it sometimes, I have to use it alone or else it balls up with moisturizers. Alone it dries to a matte finish if I use it over a moisturizer it leaves a greasy finish if it doesn't ball up. It makes a good makeup base since it last so long. I never burn or tan while wearing this. I'd give this a 3.5 if I could.