July 31, 2014 | 1103 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco in Cashmere 04

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing fall lipstick. Its a light brown with a tan undertone and it looks amazing with any color gloss. I can pull off a neutral look with a clear gloss on top or a more fall inspired look with a darker gloss on it. I think it looks great for the boot and leaves season and I absolutely love it! It is a bit pricy but it is sooo worth it for fall!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by helaina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color looks peachy beige on my hand but it looks like a perfect pale pink on my cool-toned lips. A lot of pinks look too cool toned on me but this looks perfect. I'm a ppp in my mid-thirties and this has just enough shimmer to light up my face. I give it five stars for color and three stars for texture. I have creamier lipsticks that glide over the lines in my lips, while this settles in them even with lip balm underneath. The color is so perfect that I will continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by hannab52

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I finally found my everyday HG lipstick. I've been in search of a flattering, natural-looking lipstick because the ones I currently own are just too brown or just plain blah. Cashmere is the perfect peachy-beige I've been searching for--not too beige and not too orangey. Just soft and pretty. It also has just enough shimmer to liven things up, but not so frosty that it looks ridiculous on this middle-aged woman! Nice and hydrating too.

UPDATE: Alas, the search for my ultimate lipstick continues. Like another reviewer said, this lipstick settles into the fine lines in your lips and just doesn't wear well enough to justify the price. I really wish Laura Mercier put out more colors in her Stickgloss line. That lipstick has the yummiest consistency/texture I've seen yet and is a much better value in my humble opinion. I also don't like the way Cashmere looks on me in certain lighting--kind of washed out. I think I'm reaching the point where I could use a little more pink in my lipsticks to pick me up a bit. My days of wearing nude shades, or anything close, are sadly numbered.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Things I learnt from this lipstick - 1) Frost/shimmer finishes REALLY do not suit me 2) Never buy a lipstick when you feel pressured by time.

I was after a nude/neutral lipstick to wear for an event. Most of my lipsticks at the moment at pink-toned, and I was after one which was peach or beige brown-toned, as it would look better with the dark blue eyeshadow look I was planning. My sister has Rouge Coco Mademoiselle, which I tried, and although the colour didn't suit me (too dark and too rose), I loved the formula - creamy, non-drying and long-lasting. I really wanted to get Secret, but it seems that it's discontinued in the UK.

So I settled for Cashmere. Unlike Mademoiselle, Cashmere is frosted. I would describe the colour as a light apricot brown nude with gold shimmer. It's very warm. I never choose frosted/shimmer lipsticks, I prefer a cream finish as it looks best on me. This lipstick is just a tad too light for me (NC40-42, olive brown skin), and the shimmer isn't flattering on me. If you wear this without a lipliner, it does settle into lip lines. As the colour is too light for me, it doesn't seem to last that long. To make it wearable, I need to mix it with other lipsticks, which I hate doing - especially after paying 23.50.

I would still be willing to try another Rouge Coco, but only if it has a cream finish. There's not that many colours that actually appeal to me in the range, and having so many frosted colours is old-fashioned.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My last year birthday gift. It lasts long, matches up my sin tone. The most best and expensive makeup brand this was a special treat, and I love it and I only wear it to special occasions to save this. You can see the french minerals and ingredients made into this powder. Cocoa-Chanel did make some great cosmatics. She rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by redcloud75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm of two minds about this. One, it's Chanel so the quality is there - the texture is smooth, the smell is pleasant, the tube is chic enough. However I was looking for a genuine neutral (and I know that is highly subjective), but on me this beautiful "nude" color is sort of pale coral, which I did *not* want. In addition, it has a slightly unpleasant frosted effect which I certainly did not want. The caveat? Every time - every time! - I wear this I get a compliment from someone (different people, natch) who ask me which brand/color it is. So, I guess it works but I'm not 100% thrilled about it, as petty as that sounds.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by rachellex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MY NEW HG LIPSTICK.

I initially swapped for this because I wanted to try out the new rouge coco line and had not done a lot of research on this specific color. (oops!) As soon as I applied this on my lips, I was in love. It's the perfect nude-beige-peach-pink lipstick for me! :)

NC40 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by ezerkenegdro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm Chinese Singaporean, very fair, to the point of looking anemic. I highly recommend this product to girls who don't want to wear too much makeup except for some lipstick. I'm 18 now, and I will use this till I'm 88.

I've done some research and I notice that Caucasians like to call this lipstick 'orangey', but it's not orange or coral on my skin. It looks pinkish and healthy, enhancing the colour of my lips while making sure the drab greyish edges are nicely covered with the same pink. It glides onto your lips like silk (trust me you'll go ooh! if it's your first chanel lipstick), not like drugstore lipsticks that leaves a waxy, fake finish, or crumbles at the end after a few uses.

The best part of the lipstick is how well it stays on- even after I had a hamburger, drank stuff, and spent an entire day with it on, it remained on my lips, never getting onto any other surface. Not even my boyfriend's cheeks! ;)

Just the colour is sufficient to make me look more alive and more polished without being overdone. I will buy this again, and again.

PS: The packaging makes it a real pleasure to use too. I'm genuinely happy for everyone who has reviewed this lipstick positively because they got the same benefits out of this tiny tube as I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by theaccidentalbeauty

This was my first Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick, and I would say it is so-so. It's very pretty! But, on the other hand, there is nothing spectacular about it. When I swatched this it looked like a smooth peachy pink. On my lips it shoes up as a cool peach, with very little pink to it, and the slightest bit of gold frost. It's smooth but I wouldn't say it's creamy and it's not moisturizing at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lylalies

If I could only own one lipstick it would be Rouge Coco in Cashmere #04. It's the perfect everyday color, I love it, you can put it on without looking on the mirror and it looks perfect. I will definitely buy this again and I really recommend it.