April 25, 2014 | 1089 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Eyeshadow Palette - Mysterious Brown Eyes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

I use this palette a lot, mainly just the neutral colors. All the shades are flattering and they last all day(with primer).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by DemiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this palette on sale for 5 DOLLARS! A complete steal! I wouldn't say this is as pigmented as a nude palette like the naked palette, but for the price you get many shadows with decent pigmentation. With a good base, the colors look just as vibrant as any other eyeshadows. Great for on the go because all the colors you need are in one palette. I would buy this if you are looking for a decent palette & are on a budget.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

My first NYX purchase, found it at Ulta and loved the colors. They are all mostly shimmer and colors are pretty. However, they are not easily blended, pigmentation not the best. Absolutely MUST wear a primer for the eyes to make shadow last and not crease! I'm almost done with the palette and probably won't re-buy due to the poor quality of the shadows. Just doesn't measure up to MAC or Estée Lauder eyeshadow quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by rosenkreutz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't gotten around to using all the colours in the palette yet. I've been using this palette for a month and so far, I love it. Sometimes I use this in combination with Champagne & Caviar when I'm doing my eye makeup. I really do love the frosted pink-white (fourth, top row) as a highlight. The brown colour below it is lovely as well and I generally use that for the outer v. I also love the yellow-gold colour as well for over the lid. It is absolutely gorgeous however, that eyeshadow has broken a bit in the pan. The coral pink is also another beautiful colour that I love to place all over my lid, along with the bronze-tan colour above it. I have also done a soft purple smokey eye with the purples in the palette as well. These are the colours I have used so far but I really do love how many versatile looks you can create from this palette. I don't really find any good crease colours from this palette however - I use a brown from the Champagne & Caviar palette for that. However, for highlight, outer v, under eye (along the lash line) and lid colours, this palette is great. I would buy this product again if necessary however, it's doubtful as I'm sure this palette will last me a while as it's not the only palette that I use.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colors in this palette are beautiful and the shadows are very silky smooth. However, the quality is not great. I personally love NYX products, but this one just did not live up to the hype.
The eye shadows are not very pigmented and it takes a few swipes to get it to show up. Some of the shades also have alot of fallout.
Even with different primers (UDPP, NARS, Tarte, ELF, MAC Painterly PP) this doesn't last long at all. I get about 1 hour of wear with this until it extremely fades or creases.
Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing and would not recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really like this palette.
First up, NYX isn't available retail in NZ so I had to order it in. It was pretty cheap compared to domestic "drugstore" prices (where even a Maybelline or Revlon quad sets you back about $25+) so I wasn't expecting it to be on par with Dior or Guerlain or anything but I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and consistency of the shadows.
Top row, left to right...
First is a lovely satiny chocolate brown, great colour payoff and very smooth to apply. Next is a bit of a weird one, it's a nudey sort of caramel colour with bits of pink iridescent glitter in. I was initially a bit like, whaa? when I saw it but it has grown on me. It blends well with my skin tone and the glitter bits aren't super obvious once applied so it;s a good wash for overall lid colour and something a little bit different, which I always appreciate. Next is a pretty standard soft peachy shimmer, great for highlighting, hard to go wrong with. Then a slightly sheer pearly ivory, again good for highlighting. Last in the top row is a pale lavender with silver bits of glitter. I'm not so keen on this one, it's a bit chalky and powdery and the colour payoff isn't as good as the others.
Bottom row, l to r again.
Oh, I LOVE this smutty kind of taupey purple! If anyone knows if this shade is available as a single, please tell me and I will adore you forever because this is gorgeous. A medium/deep smoky satin purple with soft shimmer and great pigmentation. I'd easily pay the price of the palette alone for just this colour! Next up is an eye popping acid kelly green - I have only swatched this so far and haven't applied it on the eye but I have high hopes for it being decently pigmented and vibrant without having to layer it a million times. It does seem a bit random compared with the other light/neutral shades (maybe that's the "mysterious" part, I dunno!) but I also don't have anything quite like it in my stash so I don't mind it. Next along, we have a toasty champagne gold, then a matte cocoa brown, great for the crease or defining the lash line. Last up is a soft, pale yellow gold, this one is also a tiny bit powdery and softer then the others. I don't love it but I don't hate it either.
So, overall, there are six out of ten colours than I really enjoy and will use frequently, three that I will probably dabble with occasionally and I doubt I will touch the light glittery purple but that still fairly good odds for a palette with this range of shades.
The compact is very slim and tidy, with a decent mirror so easy to pack if travelling and you'll be able to do a variety of looks with it as well.
Thumbs up from me!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice eyeshadow palette. I love the colors and the pigmentation. When I had bought it, I had actually bought it on a whim, and then it sat in the makeup stash for a bit, until I rediscovered it and swatched the colors in it. Then i immediately realized how pretty some of the colors are, and actually am wearing them this morning. Very pretty palette. I am happy with it, but will probably not repurchase since I have so many eyeshadows to use as of now already.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The colors do not go on easily. The packaging is good cause it has a good size mirror in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by BreannNicole

I was so disappointed with this product. When I swatched it at the store the colors were vibrant and pretty. I loved the green. But when I went to apply them to my eyes the colors were very faint and not noticeable. They don't even last. They are very silky and smooth. Just not well pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is a good palette with neutrals and some pretty fashion colors
(bright green, purples), though the light purple is much lighter and more muted than the bright lavender shown in the Cherry Culture image. It has decent pigment (though best wet, like most cheaper shadows) and the case is sturdy and has a large mirror. I like this better than similar LA Colors palettes.