Chantecaille Lip Chic in Bourbon Rose

4.8

on 9/21/2013 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay- the price is ridiculous, but this is my HG lip product. Lovely pinky mauve color-can be sheer, but is opaque with a heavier application. Brightens up my NW25 complexion. I find this quite moisturizing. Not necessarily long lasting, but my lips don't dry out, and that is more important to me. I searched and searched for a lipstick that wasn't drying and this worked the best for me.

Looks perfect and naturally plump for about 20 minutes, but leaves my lips on the dry and "deflated" side afterwards. Who has time to reapply every 20 minutes when at work or in public?

I had been using Fresh Sugar lip treatment in Plum for years, and just wanted to switch things up because I'm starting a new job. Got this at Barney's, was gorgeous when I applied it, but was disappointed by the time I got home.

When I compare Fresh Sugar ingredients alongside those listed on the little purple Chantecaille box, the latter is not as all-natural as they claim to be. Maybe it's the chemicals that leave my lips dry.

Overall still a Chaintecaille fan and I'll use the pretty Bourbon Rose color til it runs out.

on 10/25/2011 9:26:00 AM

A juicy, medium rose in this wonderfully hydrating, shimmery, comfortable-to-wear winning formula.

on 10/16/2011 7:34:00 AM

This is lovely, both the texture and the colour. Like many others have said, this is a fairly natural colour but has enough pigment to be noticeable and the texture is divine. I find the staying power of the Lip Chics is very good, far better than any gloss, even though they give a gloss-like finish to the lip. I am nearing the end of my current Bourbon Rose Lip Chic and will buy another as soon as it runs out.

on 9/24/2011 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I can confidently say this will pretty much remain a HG item for me. Love everything about it.

First and foremost, the color is beautiful. I wouldn't describe it as a MLBB because for me personally its a bit redder, a bit pinker, but despite this very, very natural looking.

It has beautiful shine and the application is completely effortless. I love the texture of lip chics so much. They have the thicker balmy feel of a balm, without feeling goopy or waxy or grainy...it's just utterly smooth balmy goodness. This coupled with the fact that they make the natural lines of my lips smoothed out and plumper (I have a lot of natural lip lines, so lipstick is a challenge for me)

Beautiful gloss like shine, pleasant light scent that is virtually non-existent on the lips, and sleek, beautiful compact packaging make this an all around amazing product. I love it so much paying $32.00 for 0.07 doesn't even make evoke the slightest regret in the deal seeker in me. It's that good.

on 8/26/2011 7:07:00 AM

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!! My HOLY GRAIL LIPSTICK! The search only took 37 years, but my friends, I think it was worth it. I will start by saying I hate most lipsticks, yet bare lips look so unfinished, so i knew I had to find something to put on them. Most lipsticks are drying. Nude lips are deadening (if you're wearing them, you'd better ask an honest friend how you look!). Bright pinks are ugly. Red are aging. Mattes are out. Enter Bourbon Rose. Mind you, I already own 7 (yes, SEVEN) other Chantecaille Lip Chics because the texture and coverage are so perfect, but somehow I never picked up this shade until yesterday (maybe it's new? or they were always sold out?). I love the texture of all the others (way better than Cle De Peau's Extra Silk Lipsticks, of which I own 5), but it boiled down to not yet owning the right *color.* This color is a beautiful, natural, yet perky pink (not babydoll! hooray!) that really finishes my face, but could be worn alone, and doesn't scream LIPSTICK and stays on for hours (not as "on" as when first applied, but literally 4+ hours later I could still see the color, and the sheen was still there!! UNHEARD OF!). I am so excited. And I love that it can be applied with no mirror, and doesn't need a liner (in fact, don't use a liner- you'll ruin the whole essence of the natural, glistening effect.) Buy it and you will be pleased. (That is, if you can get your hands on it because I might buy out the whole company.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I am an NC30 Filipina. Although most of the previous product reviews were from fair-skinned users, I can say with certainty that this lip color also suits those medium- toned cuties out there. Albeit pricey, Bourbon Rose is best for those who wish to achieve the neutral make-up look. It also helps that the texture is divine, certainly non-drying and gives me more of a lip-balmy feel. Will definitely repurchase!

A great feel on the lips (like lip balm more than a lipstick) and the colour is very natural and flattering on me (I'm NW20 like previous reviewer). Seems to last quite a while as well, better than Dior Addict. The price is pretty over the top, but since I will be using it very regularly, it's worthwhile for me. Will definitely repurchase!

I love both the color and texture of this one. More flattering than tea rose on my NW20 skin, and the creamy hydrating texture is great. I already bought a second one after the first one broke off.

on 10/5/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have to agree with the other reviewers. I never really liked full coverage lipsticks. This feels like lip balm. the scent is pretty strong at first but then fades. Very moisturizing. Bourbon rose is a very natural color.

Popular Lipsticks