July 26, 2014 | 1743 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Bubblegum Pink (38)

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Xheyitzmex

I love the color but unfortunately this polish causes bubbles after I apply. At first I thought I shook the bottle too much so I redid my nails the next day and the same thing happened. Not sure if I just got a bad bottle but the polish is very thick also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

This definitely is bubblegum pink but I love it! Am wearing it right now. It is opaque in one coat but I use two just because I use at least two coats with all of my polishes. I have to respectfully disagree with a previous poster who said this has shimmer in it. There is NO shimmer. Its a cream. No shimmer at all. However, it would look great with glitter over. May do that next time...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by kas22782

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cute color great for spring but a little too much shimmer. I prefer Sinful Colors "cotton candy".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by irenesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The color its amazing: a creamy neon barbie pink. Im a nc20-30, not the best color for my warm skin but i really love it.
I taked a lippie off because of the formula is a little too thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The Xtreme Wear formula is one of my all time favorites and this is the perfect shade of bright, ultra girly pink. It's kind of similar in color to Pepto-Bismol, which is sort of gross but it's also an accurate comparison. I gave this 4 stars because I did find this color to be a little streaky. I'm not sure if I might have gotten my hands on an older bottle or what, because I've never had this problem before. I would still repurchase this shade again though because I know I can depend on Xtreme Wear for great coverage at an affordable price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by bubbletea1212

AWESOME product! This bubblegum pink is truly a barbie pink, but a little darker. It has a matte finish, but glossy on top like any other nail polish. Its great for summer, and definitely makes my skin look tanner ;)
$2.59 at Ulta (I ended up buying 4 of these Xtreme wear polishes and used the $3.50 off $10 coupon they have all the time--> around $8 for four Sally Hansen polishes, yay!)

The formula was great at first- thin, but not too thin so that it glided very nicely along the nail. however after owning in for a couple months i feel that it has thickened up ever so slightly. I have another color in Mint Sorbet (a mint green color) and that was thickened up more. I'm not sure if it is because of the difference in shelf life between the two bottles (one might've been stocked a longer time ago)..
However for $2.59 i love this line of nail polish. It dries pretty fast, and its VERY opaque. I feel that you could get away with simply one thickish coat of this on the nails. I personally do 2, just so its easier to dry.. but if im in a hurry 1 coat would do.

Pros- cheap, GREAT color (my perfect pink), nice color selection for this line (they have metallics to mattes to glitters).
Cons- product might thicken up, however at this price and with these fun colors I wouldnt mind replacing them every now and then with different nail colors that go in and out. I think i'll be buying a bright coral from this line because it is just a fun color to have, and I don't want to spend that much money on colors I wont be wearing too often.

Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by kiburford

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear line but I got this pink because i really wanted a cream pink. But I gave it 4 lippys because i dont really like the shimmers in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ferisita

I was planning to give this a very bad review because i've only tried to use it 2 times and i have had a very painful and difficult time trying it to really work on my nails, but after a reading many reviews it seems that the problem is my bottle....the formula is very thick, it seems like i have had it for centuries! The color is very nice but the first coat is very streaky so minimum you will need 2 and it might not work...it looks very very thick and i dont like that at all...maybe is just mine and i will try to drop some accetone or something to make it thineer and easier to apply.
The packaging is very nice although....just that the brush is really big and fat....maybe later i will do an update...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Bubblegum Pink is a creamy, cool toned lilac pink with a very slight, barely detectable opalescent sheen. The formula of this polish is pretty nice. It's an opaque, cream formula that reaches full opacity with two coats. Application with the first coat can be a little streaky, but with two coats it seems to even out. The formula is a bit on the thicker side, so I probably wouldn't do three coats with this polish. I really love this color and I think it will be a "frequent" of mine. It's pretty much almost identical (minus the opalescence) to another fav. of mine, Revlon Fast Dry Nail Enamel in Cupid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I do love this color! This is one of my spring time favorites. I have had it for a long time now and never thought to do a review on it until I seen it listed. ;-) This is one of those colors that look really great for a couple of days, but even with a good top coat, the appearance seems to fade fast. I don't know why this is, but the brightness seems to fade, and after even 3 days it looses some of it's beauty.
Having said that, I still give it a 5 rating because it goes on great, looks awesome for a few days, and it is inexpensive. The Hard As Nails thing does nothing for me since my nails are extremely hard already. So I cannot say whether it makes nails harder if you wear it. The color is amazing though.
UpDate:
I know why this polish lost it's beauty so fast now! I got an older stock bottle. I went to use this a few days ago to discover the polish was so thick...it was un-usable to me! It was sort of thick when I first bought it but I did not think too much about it at that time. I had to buy another bottle and it is great! Goes on great, last a long time, and it has not faded!
I have learned to open the bottles of polish & check their consistency before buying. Saves me $, time & gas money too.