Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Bubblegum Pink (38)

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/15/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

As the name would suggest, this is a bubblegum pink - in the bottle there's also a white shimmer that shows up only very slightly ("hidden shimmer") on the nail. I had no trouble with the formula, but the brush is hard to work with for my nails, especially around the narrower cuticle edge. I'm not sure whether I'll keep this shade or not - it's not terribly interesting on me, especially with the shimmer being so unnoticeable once applied. It does look good with my skintone (pale, warm), though. As to the "extreme wear" part, it does live up to that claim - I've now had it on for 5 days with no sign of chipping, denting, or tipwear, even though I applied some pretty thick and messy coats trying to deal with the brush. I'm impressed!

on 1/13/2015 1:42:00 AM

Such a fun shade of pink! The only reason I didn't give this top marks was that there is supposed to be shimmer in it. If you look at the bottle, you can see little bits of gold shimmer but it goes on like a creme. It was a little disappointing but the color that goes on the nails is lovely and girly. Xtreme Wear always has great formulas for the price. Easily opaque in 2 coats (probably could have gotten away with 1, but I can never do just 1!!)

on 5/7/2013 8:26:00 AM

I love the color but unfortunately this polish causes bubbles after I apply. At first I thought I shook the bottle too much so I redid my nails the next day and the same thing happened. Not sure if I just got a bad bottle but the polish is very thick also.

on 3/31/2013 9:36:00 PM

This definitely is bubblegum pink but I love it! Am wearing it right now. It is opaque in one coat but I use two just because I use at least two coats with all of my polishes. I have to respectfully disagree with a previous poster who said this has shimmer in it. There is NO shimmer. Its a cream. No shimmer at all. However, it would look great with glitter over. May do that next time...

on 3/28/2013 3:11:00 PM

Cute color great for spring but a little too much shimmer. I prefer Sinful Colors "cotton candy".

on 6/5/2012 2:23:00 AM

The color its amazing: a creamy neon barbie pink. Im a nc20-30, not the best color for my warm skin but i really love it.
I taked a lippie off because of the formula is a little too thick.

on 1/27/2012 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The Xtreme Wear formula is one of my all time favorites and this is the perfect shade of bright, ultra girly pink. It's kind of similar in color to Pepto-Bismol, which is sort of gross but it's also an accurate comparison. I gave this 4 stars because I did find this color to be a little streaky. I'm not sure if I might have gotten my hands on an older bottle or what, because I've never had this problem before. I would still repurchase this shade again though because I know I can depend on Xtreme Wear for great coverage at an affordable price point.

AWESOME product! This bubblegum pink is truly a barbie pink, but a little darker. It has a matte finish, but glossy on top like any other nail polish. Its great for summer, and definitely makes my skin look tanner ;)
$2.59 at Ulta (I ended up buying 4 of these Xtreme wear polishes and used the $3.50 off $10 coupon they have all the time--> around $8 for four Sally Hansen polishes, yay!)

The formula was great at first- thin, but not too thin so that it glided very nicely along the nail. however after owning in for a couple months i feel that it has thickened up ever so slightly. I have another color in Mint Sorbet (a mint green color) and that was thickened up more. I'm not sure if it is because of the difference in shelf life between the two bottles (one might've been stocked a longer time ago)..
However for $2.59 i love this line of nail polish. It dries pretty fast, and its VERY opaque. I feel that you could get away with simply one thickish coat of this on the nails. I personally do 2, just so its easier to dry.. but if im in a hurry 1 coat would do.

Pros- cheap, GREAT color (my perfect pink), nice color selection for this line (they have metallics to mattes to glitters).
Cons- product might thicken up, however at this price and with these fun colors I wouldnt mind replacing them every now and then with different nail colors that go in and out. I think i'll be buying a bright coral from this line because it is just a fun color to have, and I don't want to spend that much money on colors I wont be wearing too often.

Will repurchase!

on 7/28/2011 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear line but I got this pink because i really wanted a cream pink. But I gave it 4 lippys because i dont really like the shimmers in it.

on 7/13/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was planning to give this a very bad review because i've only tried to use it 2 times and i have had a very painful and difficult time trying it to really work on my nails, but after a reading many reviews it seems that the problem is my bottle....the formula is very thick, it seems like i have had it for centuries! The color is very nice but the first coat is very streaky so minimum you will need 2 and it might not work...it looks very very thick and i dont like that at all...maybe is just mine and i will try to drop some accetone or something to make it thineer and easier to apply.
The packaging is very nice although....just that the brush is really big and fat....maybe later i will do an update...