October 25, 2014 | 1733 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Nude Skincare - Advanced Eye Complex

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This and Boscia's Enlivening Amino AG eye treatment are my two favorite eye creams at the moment. Both have a light, quickly absorbed texture. This eye cream has a light yeasty fragrance that smells amazing. It tingles a bit upon application but goes away quickly and it also absorbs quickly so I can wear this in the AM before applying my eyeshadow primer and eye makeup. I think it does a great job of moisturizing and priming the eye area, and it reduces puffiness, but can't really say that it decreases undereye darkness (but what really does?) I use about 1/3 to 1/2 pump and find that it's more than enough for both under and over my eye area, so I spread the remainder between my eyes and the area surrounding the outer corners of my eyes. I wish the packaging weren't so opaque and bulky, but I would repurchase this eye treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by LibraryTosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product morning and night for at least 6 weeks now. I use it all around my eye socket, which includes eyelid, undereyes and the top of my cheekbones (where crowsfeet develop).

Overall I really like it and will repurchase. You only need 1/3 of a pump for both eyes in the morning and 1/2 a pump for both eyes at night (I like to use more at night). So it lasts much longer than I thought it would. I think a tube will last about 3 to 4 months. I got this on sale but I still think it is very pricey. I would only repurchase on sale.

As for what it does; It is instantly firming. The more you use the more firming it is. It makes you feel quite 'wide eyed' if you use a full pump. My under eyes are much firmer and plumper, which I wasn't looking for since I am only 19. However, I really like this effect. My eye skin is in GREAT condition. Smooth as silk, firm, it even filled out some of the under-eye hollows I have due to my bone structure. I am young so I didn't have wrinkles but I had lots of dehydration lines under my eyes. They are completely gone. Concealer no longer looks cakey on me. Even my dry stick concealers look good. The fact my skin seems plumper and firmer, it seems to have diminished my under eye darkness a little bit.

I bought this in order to deal with my darkness so it was a bit of a disappointment in that respect. The other benefits it has makes me feel that I am really taking care of 'anti-aging' around my eyes. I don't think I could go back to the condition of what my eyes used to be like having 'seen the light'. I took off a lippe because of it not dealing with darkness very well and the price.

HTH!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by lindyloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update to my review on 02/24/12. I just came back from Sephora to return the eye cream and the beauty rep gave me some information that may be helpful to others re this purchase. She said that sometimes eye products with high concentrations of natural substances (which Nude Skincare does promote) can cause a slight allergic reaction which would cause puffiness under the eye. As I am sensitive to many products this may be why this item did not work for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by roxsan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to love this cream. I'd been admiring the packaging for month, discovered that Bono's wife was indeed a founder, and was ready to shell out the $88 at Whole Foods and call it a day. Well I did shell out the money, but I'm getting it back because this baby is going back on the shelf. I'm not sure what this cream does...actually, it seems that, at first, everything seems tighter and smoother. For a short while only though. A couple of hours later you are back at square one or worst. The skin under my eyes got so dry and wrinkly and paper thin, totally dehydrated, I couldn't even believe it. I thought it was me, the heat in my apartment, the cold temperature outside...anything. I couldn't bring myself to return it after only 3-4 days so I went to Sephora and asked for samples of a very rich and thick eye cream to use on top of this one. 4 days after this regimen, I'm at Whole Foods again checking yet another eye cream. I discovered a brand I didn't know, Australian Scent I think. Tried it, and went home to discover that my lines and tired under eye skin had vanished. So, sorry Nude Advanced Eye Complex, you were not meant for me or me for you. Indeed, you caused more damage than repair. Judging by the young reviewers who love it, I would say it's safe to assume that this cream is meant for skin not yet mature, skin that basically doesn't have any particular need. I love the packaging of this line though...maybe I'll try something else. That color fits so well in my bathroom cabinet ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by JanM

*UPDATE* January 2012. So I decided to retry as you do, well as I do, on a regular basis actually, because with a picky skin, unless I get a full blown reaction to a product, I am all for revisiting a product.
I took my own advice and got a sample, so far so moisturising and tightening without drying out. I went for the full size and so far with a 14 day and night use I am not disappointed. The product moisturises, it does not dry out my eyelids, it gives an albeit temporary tightening effect and I can wear product on the eyelid post application. I have changed the overall rating to 4 - it is on the pricey side, and I do like the packaging, the pump is such that one can depress a half a pump and that is easily sufficient for both eyes. Yes I would re-purchase and yes I am eating my hat.

I was so disappointed in this product, and can really only rate it as 1 star, for this did not suit at all.
I don't have huge eye concerns, I am 44yrs old, I don't have massive dark circles but I do have an overall teabag staining that appeared almost overnight about 5 yrs ago. My upper eyelids are slack, but I can live with that and have visions of myself plucking my eyebrows higher and higher so that I end up like Caesar Romero in Batman (he played the joker in the '60s tv series). I don't have lines other than faint dehydration. So not a lot of concerns but years of trying to find an eye cream which does not cause puffiness in the morning, is light enough to sink in but emollient enough to offer moisture lead me to the Nude eye cream with it's fantastic reviews.
The texture is sublime....on my fingers, but on my eyes it is abysmal and this is my problem it feels like it is having a tautening effect on my eyelids, but it is so drying, my eyelids feel parched and uncomfortable. I forced myself to use this as it was a much hinted about present, but had to give up after 3 days.
I would suggest that one tries a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

It takes a lot for an eye cream to impress me, because I'm not willing to pay for eye cream that doesn't have visible results beyond moisturizing. This is because a.) my eye area doesn't need *that* much moisture (besides, using a too-rich moisturizer in this area can lead to milia) and b.) it's easy enough to find a moisturizer that doesn't irritate your eye area (I've been using Fresh Soy Face Cream) - even if you use a separate moisturizer for this area as for the rest of your face, a standard moisturizer with good ingredients will always be cheaper than specialty eye creams, and in most cases, will work just as well.

For me to like an eye cream, I need to see visible results (not just resulting from moisturization). These are the results that I have seen from using the Nude Advanced Eye Complex for 2 weeks:
- firming - this eye cream has a firming effect which I can see and feel almost immediately, and which takes full effect within about 2 minutes. My skin doesn't feel tight, stretched or at all dried, the effect makes eyes look a bit more youthful. The firming effect seems to last most of the day, but is mostly gone by the time I re-apply this product (applying twice a day).
- de-puffing - this is a bit overlapped with the firming effect, but I have had zero puffiness in my eye area since starting to use this product twice a day, and usually I have at least a little bit of puffiness most days, especially when tired (and I've been plenty tired the past 2 weeks). It's not a miracle effect (don't expect it to fix your eye bags) but what I like the most about the de-puffing action is that if I keep using products that do this, it will help prevent me from getting full-blown eye bags in the first place. This cream has managed to keep my eyes from getting puffy at least until the next application (applying twice a day) so I never see puffiness.
- fine line smoothing - at first I wasn't sure of this effect or not, but now that I've been using it for 2 weeks, yes, I'm sure, I've seen a bit of improvement to the fine lines I'm developing under my eyes since I started using this (twice a day). Again, not a miracle effect, but a visible one! This is a slight improvement, and my under-eye lines are always back to the way they were by the time I apply this cream again (I've been applying twice a day).
- improvement to under-eye darkness - this is an effect I really didn't expect. Maybe it's because my eyes aren't going through the stress of getting puffy anymore, but whatever the reason, my under eye circles are not as dark as they were 2 weeks ago. I don't have very bad under-eye circles. However here is how I can describe the difference - 2 weeks ago, using a highlighter pen like Touche Eclat didn't manage to cover all of my under-eye darkness, though it did enough that I could get away without using another product, if I really wanted it to look good, I had to use an actual concealer. Now my highlighter pen (I actually use Dior Skinflash) covers all the darkness. I am so impressed by this effect. Especially because I kinda have a personal theory that always wearing concealer isn't actually good for the skin around your eyes, I'm thrilled by this effect. Anyway, this effect was cumulative, it didn't start happening until the 2nd week I was using this treatment. I think I may have seen all the improvement I'm going to, and I don't know how long this improvement will last if I stop using the product - obviously it won't be a permanent effect, but it would take a couple days at least for my circles to darken back to where they were before I started using this eye cream.

I do feel like it's important to stress - none of these effects were major. They were minor improvements, but visible ones. This sets this product ahead of just about everything I've tried for eyes, as 90% of what's out there doesn't do anything but moisturize, or does negative things like clogging pores.

Other good factors:
- moisturization level - lightly hydrating. If you need a lot of additional moisture in your eye area, either this won't be for you, or you'll want to follow application of this product with a moisturizer after letting it sink into your skin. This is the right level of hydration for me, as my eye area is neither oily nor dry.
- doesn't clog pores - aka doesn't give me breakouts. It's hard to apply eye cream without letting a bit get onto the area just under my under-eye area, to the sides of my nose. Some eye creams make me get breakouts here (which I *never* do otherwise) as they are just too rich. Other eye creams can cause milia (again because they are too rich) this one does not cause either of these problems. In fact, I even started using a little bit on my upper lip to fight some fine lines I have starting to form there, and this didn't cause lip-line or upper-lip breakouts, which I have experienced with other products (it's hard to find something that fights fine lines without being too rich for an acne-prone area).
- non-irritating - actually feels soothing to the eye area. Which is really good, because I have very sensitive eyes and causing irritation can undo all the good work an eye treatment does. This one doesn't sting or irritate at all, even when used all over the eye area, and actually feels soothing.
- absorbs quickly - a little bit goes a long way. I use the size of a couple grains of rice for each eye, and it sinks into the skin pretty much immediately, though you do get plenty of time to spread or pat it where you want it. It's good that you don't need much of this since it's so expensive. It's nice that it doesn't take a long time to sink into the skin, because we're all busy and we don't want to waste time standing around waiting for our eye cream to absorb.

Will I buy it again? If I can afford it, absolutely.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueAcorn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like a reviewer below I had completely given up on eye creams years ago as I think over the years I've proved to myself that they are a simply a con but I've been a huge fan of Nude's products in 2010 and requested some samples of the more expensive products to try before I buy.
The Eye Complex sample was packaged in a sachet so I squeezed the contents into a small tub so as not to waste any, I'm afraid I don't know the exact volume I received but it was about size of a 5p coin once I squeezed it out. I've been using it twice a day every day and this sample has lasted just over 2 weeks. The results have been interesting; the gel/cream formula is nice and cool on application and as it absorbs I definitely feel a tightening/lifting, my dark circles have improved ever so slightly, any bags disappear quickly and my under eye just feels moisturized and conditioned. I have not experienced any milia with this eye cream as I have with others in the past.
This product is VERY expensive (as most eye creams are) at 62 for 15ml but it is the only one I have ever come across that does its job. I finished my sample 3 weeks ago and have not yet purchased this as i wanted to see if it really had made a difference and I can honestly say that I miss this, without my eye area doesn't look as healthy as it did whilst I was using it. I shall repurchase but likely in the gift set (3 Nude products for 18) which has a 5ml size of the eye complex. It only has a shelf life of a few months and I don't think I'll get through a whole 15ml in that time which would therefore prove a false economy.
A full 100% recommendation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2010 7:45:00 AM More reviews by jrichardson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It pains me to write a so-so review for a line with such a great ethos, but I have to say this product didn't work for my not-too-bad 43 year old skin. Unfortunately, it just didn't give me the moisture or lift I was after. That said, I think it would be fantastic for younger skins (early 30s or younger), which is why I'm still giving it a 3. I also don't think you get a lot for your money with the packaging. Beautiful feel, smell and idea -- just not much in the way of results for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by dreamwatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'd actually stopped using eye creams as I felt they were an industry con. I hadn't found a single one that did any more than moisturise and I have a moisturiser for that, so really why am I buying it??

I bought an introductory kit for Nude skincare and there was a 5ml sample of the Advanced Eye Complex included. Just as well, I thought, because you must be smoking something good if you think I'm paying 62 freakin pounds for 15ml of product. So as I had it, I used it.

I bought the kit, and started using it, on 7th July. It's now 21st August and I'm still using that 5ml sample, and it's been used twice a day, every day, so that should give you an idea of how little you need to use. The texture is very light, and somewhere between a gel and a cream, which makes it light and cooling but moisturising too.

So what you really want to know is - does it work? I hate to say it, my purse is already creaking at the thought, but yes, it does. I had really started to look my age for the first time ever, but the fine lines and dark circles under my eyes have started to lessen quite noticeably. I'm 36, and baggy eyes are hereditary in my family so I'm not expecting miracles, but the results are definitely there. I feel I look much fresher and my eye area looks like it did a couple of years ago. Better actually.

Will I buy the full bottle? Definitely. Given that 5ml has lasted me 6 weeks and counting, you're looking at around 4-5 months use out of that 15ml bottle, which suddenly isn't such bad value. More importantly it actually works, and I would much rather pay a small fortune for a high quality product that does what it claims, than to pay the same amount in small increments for various products that do nothing. This is a genuine Holy Grail product. I can't see that I would ever stray from this.

The entire Nude line is outstanding, so I would recommend buying one of the starter kits. I purchased the Nude Encounter Kit at John Lewis (35) which includes:

Cleansing Facial Oil, 30ml
Advanced Eye Complex, 5ml

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by BeyondBeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THE BEST EYE CREAM ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH BECAUSE this took away my "HEREDITARY" dark circles, bags and it took some lines away from under my eyes. BTW, I had SEVERE bags and dark circles. This does something amazing, this is the closest you will get to surgery in a natural way (if that makes sense). It is really expensive but WOW it's worth it.

IF YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY: Buy the limited edition packages packages on the sephora website instead of spending $88, because its cheaper if you buy three of the packages ($18 each package) and it equals the same amount of product as the $88 one plus it comes with other stuff from the line too.