July 22, 2014 | 2060 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Maybelline Eyestudio in Give Me Gold

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by senario

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's not bad, I like the colors. Pretty good pigmentation for drugstore.

Expect fallout as the colors are glittery. I use some contact solution to make the colors brighter. You can use Mac Fix + or something similar as well. (Water will not work and will probably ruin the shadows.)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by NikkiBikki

OMG what is this stuff made of? My lordy I don't have sensitive skin when it comes to make up but the first time I tried this on by the end of the day I noticed my lids getting really itchy and I developed some kind of eczema on my eyes and had go eyeshadowless for a couple of days and apply eczema moisturising cream.

On another note, in terms of colour it doesn't last long (I also reviewed 'Copper Chic' as I bought both). I found it looked nice for a couple of hours and then just kind of faded. Again never have this issue with mac as stays on all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by the1004

I actually really liked this product. The shadow is quite soft, and the pigments went on quite well, so the colour was vibrant. The only concern I have is that I tend to crease when I use this eyeshadow, even with Urband Decay's primer. But for the price, it's a steal, and with the glitter in all the colours, you can quickly turn a daytime look into a night-out look.

One las thing to look out for is the packaging. Mine broke in half before I finished using up the product, so be careful with handling the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Laurennstar

I absolutely LOVE this eyeshadow palette! The colors are SO pigmented! The payoff is great, especially for a drugstore product. The texture of the eyeshadows very so smooth and silky and they blend very well! I own nearly all of the color plush quads, and I have no complaints.. money well spent!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by spookibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved the Color Plush eyeshadow in Copper Chic, so I thought I'd try another shade. I like it, mostly the lightest & darkest colours because they're more neutral. The copper shade is beautiful, but I find myself using it the least because I don't like to use super-warm colours on a regular basis. The gold is also a bit too warm, so I like to blend it with the highlight shade. These shadows blend very nicely, and the brush that comes with it is actually useful, unlike most applicators in drugstore shadows. The brush is long enough, and the two different ends of it work nicely for applying shadow- though I use a fluffier brush for blending the colours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

These 4 colors are tried and true colors that I reach for on a daily basis to get my blue eyes to pop. How convenient they come in a little palette all together! However, the pigmentation in this shadow formula is not good at all, as another reviewer noted, you can blend the shadows to just a faint hint of what they're supposed to be. Just leaving chunky glitter behind. I've graduated onto better quality shadows.

Very similarly is the Maybelline Modern Metallics 50Q Sunset Bronze eyeshadow quad. Similar shades, terrible pigmentation, very chalky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This palette really wasn't as good as I thought it'd be.
The first thing that irked me was the pigmentation. The pigmentation isn't that good. Others say that it is, but compared to MAC and UD eyeshadows, this quad is really lacking. But you can definitely build the pigmentation.
The WORST thing about this quad: the fall-out. I don't mind the amount of shimmer (I love shimmery eyeshadows), but the fall-out is unbelieveable. Less than a minute after application I already notice loads of glitter all over my lower eyelid and cheeks. I tested it on my bare eyelids, and over 4 primers/bases, and all four times I experienced fall-out.
Now onto the shades:
The first shade is a metallic-ish ivory that has almost no pigmentation--nothing but shimmer shows up! The second shade is more of a cool-toned yellow than a true warm gold (medium pigmentation; has the most fallout). The third shade is a copper that has pretty good pigmentation (minimal fall-out). The last shade is a glittery chocolate brown. It has little fall-out; good pigmentation.
I don't like the packaging of this quad at all. It's cheap-looking and the hinges squeak.
The price is pretty tolerable at $10 each.

Would I repurchase? No.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Great summertime palette for that bronzey/golden eye look. The overall pigmentation of these shadows is great, although the creamy highlight color is kind of sheer. I use all of the colors like this:
cream as inner corner highlight, yellow gold on inner 1/3 of lid, orangy gold on outer 2/3, brown in crease.

The shadows blend beautifully and stay bright and pigmented all day with a good primer and e/s base.

Buyer beware - these are all shimmery shadows. If you're not a fan of a bit of fall-out and shimmer on the lids, you might want to pass. Although - I have noticed that the shimmer dies down a bit after application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Once again, I'm in the minority! I love these shadows. On my very fair skin, the gold is a true gold, not yellow or garrish at all, but quite pretty and flattering. Also makes my blue-grey-green eyes pop. I really like all of the colors in the quad. They work perfectly with my skin tone, and are shimmery without being overly glittery.These are probably my favorite eyeshadows that I have right now.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by teslafaraday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The pigmentation in this product is good, but I am not a fan of the yellow-gold color. It goes on garish, and doesn't blend well with the other colors. I gave this 3 stars because the bronze color is very nice, but similar colors can be found elsewhere. There is also a lot of fallout with this quad, and it isn't easily cleaned off. I've tried both makeup remover and brushing it away, but it still leaves shimmer. I will not repurchase.