April 21, 2014 | 1484 users online

Treatments - Deborah Lippmann - Cuticle Remover

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by rallu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the reviews and was excited to try it. I used this on one hand and Cutique on the other to compare it. Unfortunatelly this is going back because it does the same thing as Cutique which is alot cheaper. In fact, I think the other one was a little better. I didn't like the formula either because it was bubbly and made it hard to see what I'm doing. The search continues as I don't really like either of them, I see them as cuticle softner not ...remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Marihoene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This WILL give you nice-looking cuticles, I guarantee you. I have particularly stubborn cuticles and this works wonders. I have never achieved cuticles this nice with any other cuticle remover(including Blue Cross). Just put some on, wait 3 minutes(for stubborn/first time user) and push back with a metal cuticle pusher. You can also try lightly scraping your cuticle area after you've pushed them back, to get off all the dead skin. Wash off by putting some soap and water on a nailbrush and clean your nails with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I do my own manis and pedis, both to save money and honestly, I do them better than they do them at the salon. I cut my cuticles. I know, that is supposed to be a no-no, but mine are unsightly--they are thick and recede onto the nail. So I really need a good cuticle remover to help me along the way. This one is phenomenal. It is gentle so if I leave it on too long, no problem, no burning or redness. I use the brush, not the dropper, because a little bit does the job and I like to control where it goes I brush it on all 10 nails, then start pushing back the cuticles, and this removes the dead skin and enables me to see what I need to cut.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by LuxeLuver374

I push back my cuticles once a week. This product is wonderful every time--gentle, but removes effectively. I had trouble mastering how long to leave it on--if you don't leave it on for long enough, it doesn't work as well, but if you leave it on for too long, it dries. The time I settled on was about 30 seconds. I leave it on for 30 seconds and then use an orangewood stick to push my cuticles back and buff off the dead skin. Nine times out of ten I don't have to nip anything. I always wash my hands after use as well. $20 is a lot for a cuticle remover, and so I would like to try other brands. However, this one is effective, and I will use it up and repurchase if I don't find an effective, cheaper alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the first cuticle remover product I have tried. I have read about several less expensive drugstore and discount beauty brands also being extremely effective, yet also potentially over-drying. I wanted to start out with something a little more gentle so chose this first.

I use it maybe 2-3x a week, as a first step to clean up my bare nails/cuticles before putting on a new coat of polish. Brush it on one hand at a time, wait a minute or two, then push back the cuticles with an orange stick. (It also comes with a little eyedropper if you prefer to dab it on that way, but I haven't used it.) Sometimes I'll need to do a 2nd pass on my thumbs and pinky, where the cutes are especially stubborn, but overall this is very effective. Then I make sure to wash up with soap and water before moving onto the next hand. I recommend washing up because the first time I used this, I left it on for too long (20mins) and it caused the top layer of my nail to begin peeling! So, I think it has some of the heavy duty power chemical in the less expensive brands, though maybe not quite as much. Still, it's a good idea to work quickly, wash it away, and moisturize well once you're done with the mani.

When bottle's empty, I'll try the cheap-o stuff before buying another DL remover and see which I prefer. For the time being, however, I like it and recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to start doing manicures, I never paid attention to my nails before. My cuticles were overgrown and jagged. The cuticle remover smells great and worked beautifully. I easily pushed my cuticles back and my first home manicure turned out great, minus smudges when I didn't wait long enough before moving the laundry from the washer to the dryer. I don't have to worry about laundry at a salon, but home is much cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by amisler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff!! I never pay for a manicure anymore, bc I like how I file my nails anyway, and this stuff makes my cuticles look perfect....I get more compliments on my nails than ever!! its so easy...I need to get a bottle for my mom now

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by CosmoGirl25

Awesome product removes cuticles very easy so you dont have to deal with clipping them. Keeps your cuticles from being dry. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wouldn't you think all cuticle removers work the same? If you are someone with "difficult" cuticles: tough skin, fast grow in, perpetual problems, please, please give this product a try. I use it once, even twice a week with a metal pusher and it makes extra fast work of dissolving the skin and allowing it to be pushed back easily. My tip is to do one hand at a time because it seems to "dry" quickly and it is much easier to use when the product is creamy. Follow with a quick wash with hand soap and use a towel to buff off the remaining skin. You'll barely need to use a nipper for those extra tags and your hands look great. Yes, it is more expensive than the drugstore brands but I am still working off of a minerature bottle that I've had for ten months and it is halfway empty.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No