December 22, 2014 | 1773 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Remarkable Washable Waterproof Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yep, I'm a fan. I usually use CG LB Clump Crusher waterproof but didn't love the effort I had to make to remove it at night. I'm a fair skinned redhead with blonde lashes and brows. I have really good luck with Cover Girl mascaras as a rule, but the non-waterproof versions of Lash Blast (all of them) would leave just a hint of darkness under my lower lash line. My eyes didn't look like full on raccoon eyes, but it did make me look really tired. I also have been using Careprost for about 11 weeks now, so my lashes are really long and it sometimes transfers to my upper lid. I decided to try this again because I used to be a fan years ago before I started using the Lash Blast line. When I first applied it, I wasn't impressed because I felt the formula was too wet. Since my lashes are so long, the wet formula would transfer little mascara dots to my upper lid. I kept using it and working with it, and the way that works best for me is to wipe the tip of the wand with a tissue and wave the wand in the air for a few seconds to dry out the formula a bit. It works beautifully! It's very buildable without getting clumpy. I use this at work (dental asst) for a more natural look and build it up when I want my lashes to really be long and thick. This doesn't flake or smudge. It washes off extremely easily (I use either coconut oil or EVOO) with minimal effort, which is important for me. I use the black-brown shade and plan to purchase the black shade for when I want a really dramatic look. I realize this is probably a rather long review, but when I find something that really, really works for me, I feel I have to share it with the world, especially other fair skinned and haired friends who realize the struggle is real when it comes to finding good mascaras :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Not a fan of CG mascaras I used to like their professional mascara but something changed and it was no longer good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by troo12

My major issue with this mascara is the wand. The bristles are so short they only coat the outside of my lashes and not the inside angles. Thus, they get clumpy and look dry. Also, I found it isn't super waterproof. It smudges a little.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by miamiamay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after almost ripping out all my lashes from CG's waterproof LashBlast. I needed something to last me if I went in the pool, but would come off with soap and water. After hearing a blogger recommend it, I found it for $5 and gave it a shot.

It's not a bad mascara. With two coats, you get natural volume and a touch of length. It's not a really thickening mascara either. It wasn't too clumpy though, which I liked.The formula is kinda wet but dries to a nice matte black. However, I definitely prefer my regular washable Miss Manga.

Finally testing this in the pool, it ran horribly. It smeared and clumped and was just gross. I was so disappointed because the concept is great!

Not wanting to waste it, I now use this on my bottom lashes everyday which it works great! It's easy to apply, doesn't look spidery, and removes like washable. It doesn't smear or flake either. I don't recommend it as a waterproof formula at ALL, but I guess if you like a natural look, or are looking for a bottom lash mascara, this is for you! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

************The new, smaller, tube is definitely a new formula, and it sucks, in comparison. This would be the new review: meh. clumpy. ****************

See above for edit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PROS: Last very long for not being a true waterproof (It's NOT a true waterproof, no matter what the name says). Gives lots of length and volume to my very sparse and short lashes. Very inexpensive. Last very well but still washes off quite easily. One I can just throw on sort of quickly, rather than spending tons of painstaking time applying.

CONS: My lid broke. Don't know if others have had that problem. Not a true waterproof. It's just not (see application tips to fix that). Wouldn't be good for someone who does NOT want volume.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on with WAY less smudging/transfer/flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too. Can cover this with Clarins Double Fix to make it even more "waterproof." I like to put this one on in one coat, sort of. I don't like to do multiple coats. It gets more clumpy. I also like to dab the brush off on paper towel, etc., before using and then not be afraid to really drag it through my lashes, pushing through them, sort of. In other words, using a light, feathery touch doesn't work great for me with this.

ALTERNATES: L'Oreal Telescopic - NOT the "shocking" version is great for length. OR The Rocket Volum Express, Waterproof (or some name like that) is good for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Jordana's extreme volumizing or Milani's Runway Lashes. (but I have to cover the Milani with Clarins Double Fix.)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to love CoverGirl Professional mascara as a teenager : cheaper and much more gentle on my eyes than Maybelline Great Lash, and easier on the wallet! Those blue tubes were a staple for a long time until I could afford a more "grown up" mascara. Now I've been thinking lately that $25 for something you are going to throw out in 3 months is getting more than pricey , so, I've come back to the Drugstore for my beloved CoverGirl Professional. Sadly this one is not it. Color was nice (brown/black) and went on fine (I only want color really, my lashes are okay by themselves just grey now), but it flaked under and in my eyes all day. Total fail, even Great Lash is less irritating than this formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by anelcz3

For me, this mascara give my lashes the same effect as lashblast volume. So therefore, I purchase this mascara since it is significantly more affordable and much more easier to apply than not only lashblast volume, but the whole lashblast collection (including clumpcrusher). The formula is perfectly thick and consistent which is what I mostly love while the fact that it's also flake free is what I adore! It's packaging is also favored by me over the lashblast collection. The thin n slime tube is much more easier to stash in a pocket or purse. Don't get me wrong. Lashblast is cool, however, this takes the place as my Holy Grail mascara hands down!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by jennyjw17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
- Natural looking
- Washes off when you want it too, but still waterproof
- Cheap
- Good color (black-brown)
Cons:
- Not very impressive
- Doesn't give much volume

I thought this was an OK mascara. It didn't work very well for me, because it didn't give me much volume or length all it really did was make my lashes a little darker (I did like the color). Therefore, I consider it a little boring... I do like how it was washable though and how I didn't spend much money on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mjabf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros
- Lengthens
- Adds a little volume
- Does not smudge as easily as other mascaras I've tried
- Easily washes off with a regular cleanser
- Inexpensive

Cons
- Heavy, does not hold a curl

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Felicityjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A great mascara for the price. I can't say enough good things about the product -- it curls defines, lengthens, stays put and is easily washed off with normal soap/cleanser. I have been using Lancome Definicils for years but started looking around when my last two buys weren't up to snuff (they left my lashes very dry). This is my new go to mascara and at about 1/4 of the price of Lancome, it's a steal.