August 27, 2014 | 1850 users online

Shampoo - Bumble & Bumble - Mending Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by christinebuffighuntie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I HATE THIS SHAMPOO

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by h3llokt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a litre bottle for $30 at the Estee Lauder Company Store. I bleached my hair from brunette to super platinum blonde (back and forth twice!) a few years ago, and my hair (ends in particular) are still recovering. I do like this product, probably my favorite shampoo out of the bumble and bumble line. It doesn't leave my hair oily or dry it out, even when I happen to wash my hair every night. It's mild and cleansing -- smells really nice, too. Sometimes I pair it with the bumble and bumble surf conditioner, and I feel like my luscious locks are back! Definitely helped my hair recover. I noticed a huge improvement when I paired this shampoo with Aveda Damage Remedy conditioner -- everyone has told me how long my hair has gotten in just the past few months! Not 100% impressed, but I can't expect a miracle! I will probably buy this again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Goodbye Kerastase! I purchased this because of the wonderful reviews. I was out of my Kerastase and was looking for a new shampoo. I washed my hair today and it looks amazing, so soft and shiny. Thanks MUA and B&B. As far as price, they are about the same. But you wear your hair everyday, so it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I recently bought the mending shampoo, mending conditioner, mending complex, quenching complex and the crème de coco masque. The first two were difficult for me because I wash my hair every day, and kept believing I would find a drugstore brand that would do the job well. That never happened, so I finally realized that as expensive as these products are, you get what you pay for.

The shampoo does a good job removing the daily dirt and grime from my scalp but doesn’t suck the life out of it like a clarifying shampoo would. It smells nice, but the fragrance does not linger. Overall, it is a very good quality shampoo.

I bought the liter bottle from B&B's website. They have free, fast shipping. Beware of purchasing elsewhere--between the shampoo and the conditioner, I almost made the mistake of purchasing it from a website that charged almost $30 more for the two products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite B&B Shampoo (and Conditioner). I have fine, curly hair. The Mending line makes my hair so soft, but also leaves it without frizz.
I use it in conjunction with the Mending Conditioner (sometimes the Brilliantine Cond. or Curl Conscious) and I'm very happy with the results.
The only complaint I have is that it's expensive! $72 for the liter. I'll still give it a 5, but gee wiz! lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Since this is the beginning step in the shampoo condition style process its hard to say if it has any part in the final result of my hair looking better than it used to. Ive heard that you dont need to spend alot on shampoo since it just cleans your hair and washes right out, but I know that since my hair is color treated and damaged it requires a shampoo with gentler cleansing agents than a regular shampoo so Ive been using this since it came in the mending trio kit that I recently purchased. After I use up the little bottle I will probably try the gentle shampoo since it is a few dollars less than this. I do like the scent of this and it lathers well and rinses out easily. I may end up repurchasing this if I am less fond of the gentle shampoo. we shall see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm very pleased with this shampoo. It, with the matching conditioner and B&B Quenching Masque, have finally gotten my fine, thick, lowlighted hair feeling like hair (instead of straw) again. Since moving back to Arizona, my hair has become really parched. I've tried several shampoos, conditioners, and masks to try to get it back to its usual soft, shiny self. This is the one that worked. It's very creamy, lathers well, rinses easily, and leaves my hair feeling clean instead of stripped. It has a light, fruity/floral scent that is not unpleasant and doesn't linger. It's ridiculously expensive, but it does the job, and a little goes a long way. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by mbak89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have long blonde hair, which undergoes some serious duress every 5 or 6 weeks when it gets bleached from my natural dark brown. The damage was pretty minimal at first, but after nearly two years of color treatments, my hair has started to get kind of fried. Pieces of hair break at random places (especially the nape of my neck!), I was incredibly dried out, and daily deep conditioning was doing nothing to help bring my hair back to its former glory, except make me greasy.

When I went to get a haircut to make things look better, my stylist recommended that I try out the mending shampoo and conditioner. I'm a giant fan of the shampoo, it leaves my hair feeling super clean and so much healthier. It looks and feels soft once again!

The price is a bit extravagant, but the products can be bought in 1 liter containers on ebay for about the same price that one pays for a 250 ml bottle in a salon, which makes it a much more affordable option.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would give it 5 lippies if it wasn't for the ridicolous price. £23??? C'mon!! I got this shampoo with 30% off thanks to a special offer on the internet - which is what it should cost. It is a very good shampoo: it leaves my hair soft, shiny. However, it tends to make the hair fluffy the following day and greasy withn 48 hours.The smell is very pleasant. My hair is chemically treated and I use the Resitence line by Kerastase (which is excellent). This is a nice alternative to Kerastase (which I prefer), but unless I find it on the internet at a discounted price forget about it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by sparklyfishtails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After 5 years of consistent dying and an unfortunate over-straightening, my hair was starting to feel remotely like cotton candy... or at least it was getting there. My stylist recommended that I try this shampoo and conditioner set. I have been using B&B Gentle Shampoo and Super Rich Conditioner for the last 3 years.

After my first use, my hair definitely wasn't feeling like I hoped. All I could think was "I spent 31 dollars a bottle for this?!" My hair wasn't necessarily feeling damaged from this shampoo, it just didn't deliver what it promised (I'm not big on patience). But, seeing as money is tight, I continued using it cautiously.

Several uses later, however, I have noticed a wonderful difference. My hair feels softer and definitely does not frizz or tangle as easily as it used to. I don't know if this has anything to do with this shampoo, but my the natural wave in my hair has seemed to relax a bit.

Compared to the Gentle Shampoo and Super Rich Conditioner, the smell is quite pleasant. I always hated the smell of the Gentle Shampoo, and so in comparison, this is lovely.

Even though it's quite pricey, I definitely recommend this product.