April 18, 2014 | 930 users online

Powder - Skinfood - peach Sake Silky Finish Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by adele1811

This is the best finishing powder out there !!i bought this online for sgd $13.90...retail is selling this for $42 !! I love that this powder totally mattify my super oily skin...it has a nice peachy scent which i love and it contains 15g...if used daily it can last me for 4mths...very little is needed to make your skin smooth like a baby's booty...do take note not to over apply or else it migtht leave a white cast... pores seems minimized after use too...this is my hg and i will be using this for the rest of my life !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by stephaniecsw92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have both the Make Up For Ever (MUFE) professional high definition powder as well as the peach sake finishing powder and I have to say that i prefer the latter. This powder makes your skin feels really soft & mattifies your face makeup nicely. However, just don't put too much as it will leave a white cast. I loved this powder alot that I purchased a back up for it. The packaging is bad though. It makes it hard to use it well but what I do is i ignore the puff given, pour some amount of the powder into the cover as if pouring the powder into a bowl & i then swirl my powder brush around in the cover. This picks up the powder evenly on the brush and reduces mess. Sidenote : I'm asian chinese, fair with yellow undertone and have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Layale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Ahhh love smells like peaches <3 Straight to the point:

+ great smell
+ very good mattyfing properties
+ huge amount
+ washable puff
+ never cakes up or reacts badly with other makeup products

- you have to be careful not to overdose, otherwise you will end up with dry face for a long hours

I'll buy again for sure - and no more 'mattyfing' color powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by emmako

This is my favourite finishing powder. I love that it whitens my skintone a bit, but watch out it's really scented, so if your skin is very sensitive it's not for you. (true peach scent I like it)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great finishing loose powder. The Powder is translucent/white and is extremely finely milled. Reminds me a lot of Elf HD Powder. It really does control my oilies very very well. I get oily only after 6 Hours after wearing this, which is rare because I have extremely oily skin. This is slightly fragranced and smells like a sweet peach scent which I actually enjoy. Upon application, it makes my skin oh-so-soft to the touch and I couldnt believe how much I wanted to run my fingers on the sides of my cheeks, my skin felt baby-soft! It comes in a cute paperbox-type container.

I find that this is hard to apply cuz you have to tilt the powder on the kabuki brush as tilting the powder in the cap, is impossible as the cap came with a small hole. When you do that you need to tap a lot of the excess off, as if, you apply straight on your face, you will be left with patches of white powder on your face as the particles of the powder are not distributed well on your brush-not pretty...

Overall, this is a great value, hard-working well performing powder, really does absorbs excess sebum and keeps skin matte at least 6 Hours. I got this from E-Bay for around USD 10, pretty affordable. The only downside is the packaging. Will definitely buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Calliga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder smells amazing, and truly does feel silky! But for whatever reason -- maybe because my skin is more-so dry? -- it leave a white powdery cast to my face, and if I continue to blend it in, it just disappears, as if I never put anything on.

The powder puff is nice, soft and good quality, but the package (a cardboard box) is less than optimal because every time I pull the top off, a little cloud of power puffs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder provides a very nice matte finish and smells amazing. I'm not in love with the packaging, but it comes with a puff which is nice. Keeps my BB cream in place and my face oil free all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by hikuto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this when I was looking for a better powder (I finished up my mom's shu uemura loose powder since she never use it ... ) I was getting into skin food and was excited that this seem to do well with oil control.

So I got it and tried to use it for a while, The powder is very fine but I hate using the puff with it as it made it cakey and uneven. Even when I used it with a brush it didn't seem to blend very well. Also I noticed the unevenness even more due to the photos I took while I was in Japan (under flash it was horrible). In terms of oil control it was so-so, but it was winter so its not much of a big problem in general.

So why did I rate it so high when I seem to hate it? The reason is that I recently splitted my powder putting half of it in a container and the other half which was in the original packaging to my friend to see if she has better results with it as I would take forever to finish this up. Apparently it worked fine on her so I thought hmmm should try again.
So I tried this today and used a brush and applied it on top of my BB cream. Results was I loved it, it went on really translucent and gave a very nice finish (pores seems slightly minimized and gave a smooth look). Oil control was pretty decent too which my main problem is my nose which melts everything ;;

I'm really surprised at the difference, but it kind of made sense now. Reason being when I used this in Japan it was much drier and colder there (this was back in December, meaning my skin was a lot drier and much less oily), where as its summer now and Hong Kong is a lot more humid + hot making my skin more oily. So to conclude this powder works better during this time of the year (or majority of the time anyways ;; ) and it depends on skin conditions. I'm glad I saved some to try again since I really loved the sweet smell of this powder (its addicting lol) and was annoyed I couldn't get it to work lol.

Just be careful when applying as too much gives you a white cast ;;;

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My HG powder!! This is a translucent powder but if you overdo it it will create a white cast. I think the sake in this is helping refine my skin. I wash the powder puff like I do all my other application tools once a week for good measure.