November 26, 2014 | 1599 users online

Powder - Skinfood - Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by tofubabiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a setting powder, and it works well. It leaves my skin super soft and the smell is wonderful.

I dislike to packaging though, I think it should be a screw on top instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Key89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Peach sake silky finish powder 's texture is softamd light. And have scent of peach. It's really nice amd I like it. The oil control is good. The packaging is unique.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

So I stumbled across Skinfood's Peach Sake line. One thing about me .... I am a total sucker for anything "natural" or "organic". I love the concept of this company - that nature provides the ideal nourishment and "food" for your skin. So, since I have oily skin, I decided to take the plunge on the Peach Sake line which is designed for oily skintypes. I purchase the Peach Toner, Serum, Emulsion and Loose Powder. I'll give a brief review of each here.

Peach Sake Toner ..... this is a gentle toner that smells like peaches. It claims to control sebum production, shine on skin and large pores. The scent is lovely, and the texture reminds me very much of a peach witch hazel toner I've used in the past. Gentle just like the witch hazel toner, and also effective at removing anything left after cleansing. I do believe this helps with oil control, shine and pores. I like it as part of the peach sake set.

Peach Sake Emulsion ....... this is a very light lotion. It absorbs quickly and is perfect to add light hydration to oily skin. It is also oil control, sebum balancing, anti shine and helps with large pores. This is so lightweight and wonderful. Non greasy. Leaves skin mattified and soft. Of course, has the lovely peach scent.

Peach Sake Pore Serum ..... this serum does an amazing job of absorbing oil and shine! I use this on my t-zone followed by Estee Lauder DW or DWL foundation and the Peach Sake Loose Powder, and my skin is shine free for almost 6 hours! That is a record for my skin, as I get naturally oily with 30 minutes of washing my face. So yes, this stuff works. :)

Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder .... this is a loose powder that is also amazing at oil control. Like the rest of the Peach Sake line, it has a lovely peach scent. I love this loose powder. Combined with the rest of the Peach Sake line, my skin is shine free longer than any other products I've ever tried. One thing though, it does leave a white cast on skin if you apply too much, so apply VERY LIGHTLY unless you already have very fair skin. My skin is super pale so I can apply this pretty easily without worry.

So there you go. The Skinfood Peach Sake line for oily skin. I'm not sure how they would each work separately and individually apart from the rest of the line, as I use them all together, but I find the Peach Sake products excellent for oily skin. Combined with estee lauder DW or DWL foundation, my makeup is practically bulletproof all day. I blot my skin ONCE now all day, instead of every 2-3 hours which I normally do. Love these products! 5 lippies for all of them! :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by adele1811

This is the best finishing powder out there !!i bought this online for sgd $13.90...retail is selling this for $42 !! I love that this powder totally mattify my super oily skin...it has a nice peachy scent which i love and it contains 15g...if used daily it can last me for 4mths...very little is needed to make your skin smooth like a baby's booty...do take note not to over apply or else it migtht leave a white cast... pores seems minimized after use too...this is my hg and i will be using this for the rest of my life !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by stephaniecsw92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have both the Make Up For Ever (MUFE) professional high definition powder as well as the peach sake finishing powder and I have to say that i prefer the latter. This powder makes your skin feels really soft & mattifies your face makeup nicely. However, just don't put too much as it will leave a white cast. I loved this powder alot that I purchased a back up for it. The packaging is bad though. It makes it hard to use it well but what I do is i ignore the puff given, pour some amount of the powder into the cover as if pouring the powder into a bowl & i then swirl my powder brush around in the cover. This picks up the powder evenly on the brush and reduces mess. Sidenote : I'm asian chinese, fair with yellow undertone and have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Layale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Ahhh love smells like peaches <3 Straight to the point:

+ great smell
+ very good mattyfing properties
+ huge amount
+ washable puff
+ never cakes up or reacts badly with other makeup products

- you have to be careful not to overdose, otherwise you will end up with dry face for a long hours

I'll buy again for sure - and no more 'mattyfing' color powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by emmako

This is my favourite finishing powder. I love that it whitens my skintone a bit, but watch out it's really scented, so if your skin is very sensitive it's not for you. (true peach scent I like it)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great finishing loose powder. The Powder is translucent/white and is extremely finely milled. Reminds me a lot of Elf HD Powder. It really does control my oilies very very well. I get oily only after 6 Hours after wearing this, which is rare because I have extremely oily skin. This is slightly fragranced and smells like a sweet peach scent which I actually enjoy. Upon application, it makes my skin oh-so-soft to the touch and I couldnt believe how much I wanted to run my fingers on the sides of my cheeks, my skin felt baby-soft! It comes in a cute paperbox-type container.

I find that this is hard to apply cuz you have to tilt the powder on the kabuki brush as tilting the powder in the cap, is impossible as the cap came with a small hole. When you do that you need to tap a lot of the excess off, as if, you apply straight on your face, you will be left with patches of white powder on your face as the particles of the powder are not distributed well on your brush-not pretty...

Overall, this is a great value, hard-working well performing powder, really does absorbs excess sebum and keeps skin matte at least 6 Hours. I got this from E-Bay for around USD 10, pretty affordable. The only downside is the packaging. Will definitely buy this again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Calliga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder smells amazing, and truly does feel silky! But for whatever reason -- maybe because my skin is more-so dry? -- it leave a white powdery cast to my face, and if I continue to blend it in, it just disappears, as if I never put anything on.

The powder puff is nice, soft and good quality, but the package (a cardboard box) is less than optimal because every time I pull the top off, a little cloud of power puffs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder provides a very nice matte finish and smells amazing. I'm not in love with the packaging, but it comes with a puff which is nice. Keeps my BB cream in place and my face oil free all day.