October 2, 2014 | 1848 users online

Eyeliner - Milani - Liquif'eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencil - brown

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by dakotahblu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

THE ONE! If you ran out would you buy this product again? I am on my fourth brown and my second black. I won'y buy any other, so if they stop making this I am kind of screwed. Things I love, the creamy formula glides on easy peasy with no pull drag or skip. It lasts all day all night and I admit through sleep. I know don't go to bed with make up on, but sometimes we all do it. Have woken up with nothign left of any of my other makeup, but darn it that Milani is still holding strong. Easy enough to remove when I want to though :) The brown is a gorgeous deep rich color, I would never call it metallic though. (nor the black) I like to line my upper lash line and lower sometimes tightline- never waterline (it is just to strong of a look on me) I tend to use a light hand when I put it on, and then before it sets I go in with my liner brush and soften it a bit, not smoke it or smudge it, just lightly soften. You have to do this right away. You can still move it around pretty easy for about 15 seconds, after that it sets and then it isn't going anywhere.

It is very soft, so to keep a very sharp point you will need to sharpen it more than most pencils, but considering the look, the length of time it lasts and most importantly the price point I really don't see this as an issue. After about the first month of using these I tossed all my other brown and black liners in the bin, the liquids, felt tips, other pencils and even an expensive gel pot that I was trying really hard to love. Sorry i found the one.

When you do sharpen don't attack it, sharpen gently, then again when applying, let it do the work, you just guide the pencil to where you want it to line, don't push hard.

BIG KEY here, once it is on and you like how it is, wait 15 or 30 seconds for it to set before you start adding things on top of it or near it. Trust me, it is worth it. Once it is set you are good to go and go and go.

If it is sharp you can make a very precise, rich deep line with this. It also softens and smudges out really well if you do it before it sets. I HIGHLY recommend this eyeliner. It is crazy that i can get such a great look that is very long lasting, doesn't smudge, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and eyes and at the regular price at CVS I can do that for $5.00.

Most of the time I do not use a separate eye primer, only for going out or if I am using a very vivid color. After foundation when I am doing my eyes I usually curl my lashes first, then I use my Milani eyeliner most of the time for a tightline and then just above my upper lash line, and then very very lightly along my lower lash line. I use a liner brush to soften the line before it sets. I do not set it with powder or use eye shadow on top of it. I apply my eye shadow above it and alongside it, of course sometimes it lands on top of it, but not on purpose ;) I blend the shadow as needed then apply my mascara. This will last on a typical day from 6 am until 8 pm. If I go out after work a light touch up is helpful, mostly just to refresh and deepen for a night time look, not because the eyeliner has faded or disappeared. (arrgh! I wish it was that easy with my foundation!). You may not like it, but in the grand world of make up a $5.00 eyeliner that you end up not liking is a LOT easier to live with than a$30.00 one :)

I say, give it a try. you may love it, you may have found THE ONE for you too

I have not tried any of the other colors as I don't do vibrant liners well, just not my thing. Though my friend uses the aqua color all the time and loves this eyeliner as much as me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

Easily one of the best eyeliners out there! I am obsessed with all kinds of eyeliners, and have been addicted to UD 24/7 liners and Buxom Insider eyeliners for years but my friend mentioned this was a good dupe for the UD. . .since I go through a lot of eyeliner I wanted to try it.

I ended up buying black first - then went back for brown and some other colours. I use brown the most often, and like others have written in the reviews below - the brown is not metallic, neither is the black.

It goes on super smooth, I barely have to press (like UD!) and it is super inky like a gel eyeliner, pigmented, dark, perfect. Doesn't scratch my eyelid (like MUFE pencil liner did sadly), very comfortable application. For daytime I smudge this out a bit so it's more subtle, for nights out I lay it on thicker for a more dramatic smoky eye look. Amazingly, this lasts all day without smudging or streaking (which was my only issue with UD). Once it "sets" you're good to go. I haven't bought anymore UD/Buxom or really any high end liners since discovering these Milani ones. . now I get why they are always being recommended by blogs, and make-up artists and everyone else. Superb drugstore find.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by megramazona

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this eyeliner. I have never had anything glide so smoothly without tugging on my eyelid. However, since this pencil is too soft, it tends to get blunt easily, so I have to sharpen more often as compared to other liners, but I don't mind.

Living in a tropical country, liners tend to smudge, especially on my asian eyes. This is one of the very rare liners that stay put the whole day. This is the main reason why I find it amazing and has become my go to eyeliner.

Caveat: make sure not to overdo it, as a thick layer of eyeliner tends to cake and crack eventually.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Stellaburke

this is basically a gel liner in pencil form i love it. It goes on so easily. I like how you can sharpen it and since it's plastic you wont have splinters on the pencil. The price is a little much but it's worth it. It doesn't stay on the water/tight line but it stays on the lid.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by winkingdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed given the other reviews on this product. I don't mind the soft tip, it was easy to apply but definitely more towards a gel then a pencil - my issue is that after about 4 hours, the eyeliner was flaking off. I also have that flaking problem with the milani eye tech extreme so maybe it's just how milani reacts to my skin, but this is a disappointment for me. Going back to stila's liquid pen again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by BulkyDecorativeClock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shade is a flat/matte (not at all metallic in my opinion) brown-black once applied. It's the perfect everyday/basic liner for me with impressive staying-power.

Another plus is that the lead is hard enough that I can get a sharp point with a manual sharpener yet soft enough to apply the liner without skipping/dragging. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up by accident, and couldn't be happier with it!

First of all, I don't know why they call this a metallic eyeliner; it really looks just like a plain brown. It goes on thick and rich, and you have a few seconds to smudge if you need to. I put this on at 8 am, and it's still there when I wash my face at midnight!! It has very little migration. I like this cheap pencil better than ANY of my MAC eyeliners, pencil or gel. I like it even better than the Bobbi Brown pencils that run under my eyes and cost many times what this one does.
I'll buy this over and over!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by foamytea123

I bought this in hopes that it would be a cheaper alternative to MAC/Urban Decay. Needless to say this eyeliner is a complete and total failure.

Pros:
-it has the look and appeal of a quality eye liner
-only $6

Cons
-the creamy, smooth application of the liner is deceptively similar to Urban Decay- however unlike UD, if you give the pencil a little too much pressure, it will smoosh. You're basically forced to use the liner with a very light hand otherwise I'm sure, you'd be done with the pencil in a week with its' frustrating tendency to smash, smudge, and blur your eyesight (which it definitely does).
-it doesn't have much lasting power on the actual lids

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by racheslor

Best eyeliner out there! This eyeliner is soooo good! It's smudge proof, and is such a good price! I'm so impressed that it's also paraben free. It was a bit hard to find for me (they were all sold out at all the drugstores I visited) but I'm so glad I bought it and will be definately repurchasinG!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by snowbearxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best brown pencil liners I've ever tried! It's SO creamy and very easy to put on. But, the fact that I'm a tad bit clumsy, I tend to mess up a lot and when I mess up, I immediately try to use my finger and get it off. The liner then smudges a bit and ruins everything lol but, that's ok! Nothing a little remover and touch ups can't fix!
-Price;; Ok. I don't really remember how much it was lol. But, I remember my pocket burning a little bit that day so...I'm guessing it was a tad bit much BUT it's still a really good liner non the less soo, my pockets need to man up and get a band aid!
-Packaging;; Normally, packaging on a pencil liner isnt that special but, hey, whatever. It looks nice and sleek soo. Why not! I took one lip thing off though because every time I put the pencil back into it's cap I always manage to put some of the liner on the clear cap and I'm a tad bit OCD so, a little smudge looks like a big brown mess. (does that remind you of something gross perhaps?)
-Overall;; Definite 5!
Would I buy this again you ask? Heck yeah! ...once the prices go down a bit...(: