August 20, 2014 | 1894 users online

Treatments (Face) - Shiseido - Bio-Performance Super Corrective Serum

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This product confused me because it is called a serum but feels more like the consistency of a primer- very siliconey.
I found the fragrance very strong. I like the fragrance far more than the results.
I found that my skin and lines appeared softer, but I also found it made my cheeks slightly sting.
Because of the fragrance and sting and the price I would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Liene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was handed a sample of this serum with another purchase, and being curious, I swapped my normal Estee Lauder advanced night repair II serum for this when I got home.

What first struck (and repelled) me, was the scent. It smells just like Elnett hairspray, which I love, but don't use because of the smell. I avoid perfume in my skincare all together, because I think it can only harm your skin, so this was very off putting.

It's not your liquid-y (advance night repair -like) serum, but silicon-based. Something else I don't really care for, as I believe it can protect the skin, yet block pores and cause breakouts. It's got that slippery, primer feeling to it.

I definitely will not purchase a full size of this serum, the only thing going for it, is that it comes in a hygienic pump. If you like these type of serums, I'd look into Paula's Choice range of anti oxidants, as they have the same silicon finish.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Luckily I received a 9ml sample of this before I relented to the temptation of buying it for the full price! I think calling it a serum is misleading, and its more of a cream. I personally found it hard to spread, and therefore you end up using a lot of it. My skin felt very sticky and almost like it was "coated" with something heavy. This product is highly fragranced, and actually makes my eyes water. I love most of the products by Shiseido, but this was an epic fail!! I am sooooo glad I didnt buy the full size!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This is a really lovely feeling serum that feels silky on my skin. I used a full bottle of this before reviewing as I wanted to see if it really did make a difference in my skin.

I do have some fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes and although I haven’t seen a reduction in these, my skin does look brighter and smoother overall. I apply this serum only at night rather than twice a day as recommended so I can’t comment how this works under makeup. Not sure if I would buy this again, I would prefer to see a reduction or at least a softening in lines with something so expensive.

In case you were thinking of purchasing from the Shiseido website, the 1oz bottle is $80.00. If you look under the section for skincare sets, you can get the 1oz bottle plus three deluxe travel sizes for the same price as just the bottle alone. This is what I did and it works out well if you want to try a complete line of their skincare.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sagacat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very high expectation on it, since there are many hypes about the product. When I applied it on my face for the first time, the first thought stroke me was that :" dont tell me there is actually silica in it." I checked the label and found "silica" right there...Errr, well , yes, silica is widely used in many "wrinkle-filler" products, but what I expected from this SERUM is to improve the aging from the inside instead of fixing my face like fixing the wall crack(like a touch-up!)!

Some say the serum is helpful in brighting, which I found why from the ingredient too. It was "Titanium Dioxide", which is used in painting, dyestuff etc and was actually named as the whitest pigment in the world. I am not saying it is not OK to use in cosmetics, on the contrary, it is one of indispensable ingredients in "Sun Blocks"....

Again what I am not that happy is that I really do not expect the ingredients used in quick-touch-up-type facial care/cosmetics to be used in a serum that is claimed to be effective in improving the skin condition, not to say its high price tag is supposed to be due to the fact that it can fundamentally tackle the skin problem, not because of the cheap elements that maybe fix the problem temporarily.

I will not buy again.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bio-Performance is a serum that is absolutely decadent when you apply it to your skin. It is a cream formula that is so absolutely rich and creamy your skin feels luxuriously smooth, soft and hydrated immediately after application. I'm used to serums that can be runny and clear as many of them are that are on the market currently. When I first tried Bio-Performance I became addicted to the product. My skin adored it. There was no turning back.
I'll admit, I do use it in conjunction with the Shiseido line of other products. I use their cleansers, Eudermine and moisturizers. When you use them all together, your skin becomes radiant and within weeks, you do notice a significant reduction in fine lines, texture and there is a plumping where plumping should occur. At times, I'll occasionally switch off to some other products I still own. I need to get rid of them. But I'll never go back to them. I will remain faithful to Shiseido at this point now that I see what it has done for my skin.
This serum is interesting. It acts almost like a primer. It gives a matte finish that is dew-like and glowing. My skin feels good. Now that spring has arrived and the sun is stronger (I am always wearing sunblock) I can feel the products working in a different way. It's almost as if they acclimate themselves to the climate and your skin. I've been using them through two different seasons now, harsh winter temps and now the warmer spring temperatures and that's a difference of over 50 degrees and I have to say the products still work appropriately for whatever the weather is outside. In other words, they don't sit on top of my skin just because it's warmer outside now. They hydrate appropriately no matter what the temperature is and don't make my face look shiny or oilier. As a serum, I still layer with my moisturizer and my skin is never over-saturated with product. It just looks good. Also, a little goes a long way. You don't need a lot of this product. As far as price, I've purchased some serums that were far more expensive and I really can't say that I saw a considerable difference as I have with this serum in as little of time. Definitely will stay in my skin care.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this product, it's the only one that achieve to diminished my forehead expression lines and believe me when I say I've tried most serums and creams in the market, from cheap to expensive ones and this one is a miracle worker, it takes some time to produce it's effects, for me it was only one month after I started applying it, but it's worth the wait!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Right, so three days after I got a sample of this in a GWP, I went out and bought the full size version.
THIS IS AMAZING.
This is more like a gel cream than a liquid serum, it has a lovely silky texture, applies very smoothly and spreads evenly, absorbs quickly. Scent is light and inoffensive and you only need one pump to cover your face, especially if you're using a Shiseido softener or toner first.
Packaging is luxe, a futuristic and elegant gold pump bottle, the only down side is you cannot see how much product is left.
It says to use twice a day but I only use it at night time and I can honestly say, short of isotretinoin medication for adult acne, nothing has changed my skin as much as this product.
It leaves my face smooth, my skin brighter, more finely textured and evenly toned, my pores appear smaller and I am using less foundation and concealer when I apply my makeup. I have been using this for about three weeks now and it has made a noticeable difference to my skin.
As close to a "miracle in a jar" as I have ever found and yes, it's VERY expensive (I think about $175NZD for 30mL) but for something that actually works and makes a visible difference to my face (I'm interested to see how much impact it has on my melasma patches but I expect that will take at least a few months) as far as I am concerned, it is definitely worth it. Every single cent.
If I was only going to buy a single luxury skincare product for the rest of my life, it would be this.
LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by tella88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on a third tube of Shiseido serum and I cannot imagine abetter product. Love the lightweight consistency that takes only minutes to absorb. It leaves your skin smooth, hydrated, revitalized. I can tell the difference in my skin right away- if I don't use it for several days for any reason it becomes ashy, unhappy and dry. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by daiomi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for 6 months now. My skin normally looks pretty good, but it gets dehydrated and flaky in winter. I find this product to be a very good makeup base/primer and to calm the skin. Besides that, I don't think it does much anti-aging wise. Most of my beauty products are natural (100% pure, Dr Hauschka, Reviva Labs and essential oils blends) and they work much better than any high end/ big cosmetic companies products that I've used (Shisheido, Chanel, Dior, Clarins, 3LAB, Guerlin, Cl de Peu, etc). I get influenced by the hype surrounding a new product and go buy it. It's true that these brands have very nicely packaged items that look and smell great, but natural ingredients are best. So, bottom line is that this is amazing under my mineral powder, (so I'll buy it again as a primer) and prevents my skin from further drying in winter, but for 60-100$ (price tag in Canada) there are better and more natural products that counteract wrinkles, firm the skin and add radiance.