April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco in Legende 11

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've finally found a MLBB shade after searching for a long time. This neutral pink shade suits my NC20 skin perfectly. It has a subtle shimmer, almost golden, that doesn't take over the natural look of the lipstick and I can use it as an everyday colour.

I enjoy the formula of Rouge Coco - it goes on smootly, creamy and isn't too drying. It looks best when my lips are exfoliated and hydrated, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by prettyfacades

I like this. It's the EXACT colour of my lips when I'm healthy and well rested. I'm NC20 and it goes on like a neutral-warm pink.

The formula is a bit drying if I don't wear lip balm underneath.

It is quite opaque, and has some slightly golden shimmer in it. It looks very natural and pretty on the lips.

Will not repurchase as I'm not a fan of the Rouge Coco formula in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ssallin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous color. It's a light red that I use along or put a layer of Jemma Kidd's Hibiscus on it to make it brighter.

Lovely light red that you can use everyday. I prefer it for Fall Winter use. I love the idea of layering it with a really bright color over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by DonaAna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have most of Chanel's midtone pink Coco Rouge lipsticks, and this is one of my current favorites. Only buy it if cool undertones suit you - it is a bluish red and will look horrible on warm skins. I have very light highlighted blonde hair, a Nordic pale neutral /cool skintone, and light green-gray eyes. On me, this is a pretty almost-red that lightens my entire face. Cambon is too strong for me (tried it at the counter), but this is a perfect strong, sensuous, cool red for me. A real confindence builder.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Chanel lipproducts. I think they're insanely expensive, yet I keep coming back for more because they're amazing. I bought this colour because the saleswoman told me that this is the colour that was used in the add (yes, yes, I know, it is not the colour in the add, but at the time I was told that it was) and because it looked good on me in the store's lighting. While I like the lipstick formula (non-drying, lasts quite long on me), I am not a fan of the colour. I don't like the frost finish of this colour and I also feel that the colour is a bit old- ladyish and not very modern. I am wearing it quite a lot right now because I want to use it up, but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by livestrong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got hooked on Chanel lipsticks because of the wonderful texture and unique shades which make it worth the high price. Rouge Coco in Legende is not an exception. The shade was not something I would usually go for, but when I tested it in the counter, it really popped even while I wasn't wearing makeup. Legende is something you can wear alone and livens up the face. I'm a neutral-toned Asian with black hair so the pink shade (which has just the right hint of magenta to it) really stood out and did not scream cheap. I just love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The product formula is great. Moisturizing and amazing shine. The color was OK but it wasn't a good color for me: too frosty, too much magenta, too much sparkle and made me look cheap. The last thing you want from a Chanel lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by alicebignami

In my opinion this shimmery violet pink suits blondes or people with blue or green eyes better. I have dark brown eyes and brown hair with caramel highlights and fair but warm toned skin (Chanel foundation in Clair) and I find that this shade is not "deep" enough and probably too violet and frosty for my present hair colour (if I was my usual dark brown hair colour it would look better). I like the fact that I can skip the lipliner with this shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

Got a sample of this a few months ago from Neiman's, and I love it! It's a pretty pinky rose with no noticeable shimmer that enhances my NC-20, LLL skin. It would look great on many skin tones, I think. Plan to get a full tube after I use up my mini.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by MadeleineRenata

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to start with this disclaimer: Personally I think spending for a top line lipstick is always a good investment IF it isn't something you can duplicate much cheaper.

Having said that, Chanel's Rouge Coco formula is FABULOUS and I love it in other colors... but in this particular shade, it doesn't wear as well for me.

A far bigger gripe though, is that the color lacks sophistication - it is a perfectly nice little mauvy pink affair with shimmer. Not as bad as the typical teen "I work at the local Dairy Queen" look, but not anything special or stunning, or remotely chic either. Hence, my 2 star review. There are many many better pinks in the brand to choose from. This one is neither classic nor trend-spot-on.