October 25, 2014 | 1851 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Ninfeo Mio

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by madamex

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a summer time staple for me. Galbanum, raspy lemons, fig, lemon tree wood-it's all there, and it's fabulous. I have bought and re bought this fragrance and the matching candle, and it is the scent of happiness for me. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by aquadinka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised with the negative reviews here! This is one of my favorites in warm/humid weather. It's opening is a refreshing sparkling green that lasts about an hour. The milky fig slowly creeps in with some lemon to cut through the sweetness. I absolutely HATE sweet/sugary perfumes and this was just fine on me. I know some people are concerned with the boxwood (cat urine) note but to me it's not as bad as some other figs can be. As many Annick Goutals, it smells fresh and real.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fig fragrances are nothing new, so Goutal had to really mix this one up to win the excitement of so many. Instead of the typical fig and sandalwood or fig and coconut combinations, Annick Goutal Ninfeo Mio pairs fig with citrus and lavender. An intriguing-sounding mix, I must say. I was expecting the most refreshing fragrance, a whiff of an Italian garden, a riot of green and lemons and herbs. I was NOT expecting dull sweetness and an unpleasant sharp note in the drydown. I can tolerate sweetish scents if they’re sophisticated but I have come to expect a fresh green sappiness from fig notes. Ninfeo Mio smells like a vaguely fruity vanilla. I know I’m in the minority here, but I do NOT like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by topkapi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can see where this was going. It shot out of the bottle a quick nymph-like green...but, was quickly overtaken by a raspy lemon and a slow thick fig accord. The white flowers are drowned out in the milky bitter haze. The result is what a fig would smell like if they grew on tomato vines next to a pickled lemon tree. A green garden as drawn by Bosch?

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would recommend sampling this (as with all scents really) but especially this as i think on the right skin it could be heavenly. Unfortunately on me it smelled 1/2 beautiful, of powdery and green soft figs and chocolate, and 1/2 of cat wee! I can't ignore the feline part even though I so want to.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by albinaalba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Turmeric and dill...and some volatile green( not ripe) fig...May be lovely, but my skin doesn't like it..I'd swap gladly my nearly full bottle:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My husband's most-hated fragrance note is what he describes as "green hairy vine," and for once I agree with him . After the galbanum opening, which lasted for 2 breaths (it is ever thus with galbanum, alas), it was all downhill with this one. Extremely astringent and bitter, especially in the heart notes. The drydown was utterly un-sweet fig, so I'd recommend it for someone wanting an un-sweet fig scent. But it was a scrubber for both of us.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ChiChi9

I don't know if it just doesn't work with my chemistry, but this goes straight to a very strong cat pee smell on me! Terrible... scrubbed immediately.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by whitecountess

When my father first came to American from Italy as a six year old boy, he saw a lemon on the kitchen table, and remembering the huge sweet lemons from home, took a huge bite. Our American lemons here are picked smaller and earlier for their biting sour taste, so he got quite a shock!
Ninfeo Mio is named for Giardino di Ninfa, a citrus garden near Rome. And it definitely gives you that Lemon feel, but Italian-style, big and sweet.
This scent was created by Isabelle Doyen, one of our most famed perfumers. Her scents are always complex. I recently sampled 'The Unicorn Spell' and it was a perfect show of her many-note talents.
Ninfeo Mio reminds me slightly of Herms Un Jardin en Mditerrane, a fragrance which truly makes you feel as though you're wafting through a garden, in a most beautiful sense.
Ninfeo is GREEN. If you love green, this is a wonderful new twist on that. You then get the citrusy lemon, and then it turns to something much sweeter, almost like someone has given you a spritz of lemonade in your champagne.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tested this today and although I liked the green, over the top there was a scent that reminded me of something I would cook with, a spice or condiment of some kind. Maybe it's the fig. I'm sure my brain is just confused, and that other people would not react this way. But the result was that it seemed foodie to me, and I didn't like it. Still, I thought it unusual and extremely interesting and I may go back for another sniff. There will be people out there who will love NM to bits, I'm sure. Full marks as usual to Annick Goutal for diverting from the mainstream.