September 30, 2014 | 1551 users online

Brows - Bobbi Brown - Brow Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ddsama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using the same pencil I bought 2 or 3 years ago, with an estimated 3 to 4 months of daily use left. This product retails at about SGD45 but since I've had the same pencil for so long, I would say that the high purchase price is justifiable. Unlike many of the reviewers below, I have not experienced the pencil crumbling as I sharpen it. I'm not particularly careful about sharpening either. Since my pencil was probably from the same batch as theirs (circa 2011/12), I have no idea how to explain this.

Some background: I have dark brows that are full in the middle and disappear to almost nothing just before the tail. I prefer pencil because of the definition that it pencil provides. The product has a powder finish and when just applied, can look a little stark, but like another reviewer, I use a brush to soften up my look. I use Mahogany, which matches my brows close to perfectly, if slightly more ashy. I don't find the ashiness a problem and sometimes run some shadow in Blonde through the fullest part of my brow to lighten them a little. I've stuck so long with the same pencil because I love the powdery finish and colour match, and my brows stay on all day. Eyebrow pencils are pretty basic, but it does what it's supposed to do, and with full marks. I will use this down to a nub then repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by missvan07

i LOVE this brow pencil.
Previously I was using a MAC brow pencil in 'Dirty Blonde' (I am a MAC fanatic). Unfortunately they discontinued the shade, replacing it with 'strawberry blonde'- a completely different colour. They still have one shade in the mechanical style pencils that is perfect for me but those pencils are so tiny, it just doesn't last long enough and they break easy. I also much prefer a pencil i can sharpen to a nice point.

As soon as I realised I couldn't get my staple MAC brow pencil I went straight for the Bobbi Brown counter. This pencil seemed good enough and so I decided to go with it. 'Gray' and 'Ash' were both close matches but as I'm growing out my blonde and have quite alot of my natural ash blonde hair colour left, the girl at the counter suggested that 'gray' matched my natural hair the best, and so I bought it.

I am about 3/4 of the way through my 'gray' pencil and I must say it has been an interesting journey. To begin with I found this pencil far too intense, it takes over your brows and you can't help but get a thick, colour intense look from it. I use a brush to soften the look after applying. I got used to the formula and decided I really liked my new 'full' brows, but I always found this colour slightly too gray. It is definately an ash colour but it seems to make my brows look slightly lifeless or dull. So I decided to return to the counter and try out the 'Ash' shade. I've been using it for about a week now and find it just perfect. The look is slightly less intense than the gray and just adds a little more warmth to my face, while still matching my brow colour quite well (I'll never use something that's a different colour to my natural brows). I will still use my gray pencil when I feel like having darker brows, and ash for an every day look. After using the product for 6 months or so I can honestly say I didn't like it much at first but am now seriously in love with it. I've tried every other brand they stock at Myer and I can't find a single brow pencil that even comes close to being as lovely as this.

One more thing I would like to point out, I have noticed ALOT of reviewers complaining about this pencil falling to pieces when they try to sharpen it. I read those before sharpening my pencil and for that reason have always been quite careful but I have never had a single problem, it sharpens perfectly every single time. I use the sharpener which comes with the pencil (which is a great bonus)! I'm tempted to think that Bobbi Brown have changed their formula since all the bad reviews about sharpening. Don't listen to them, and if you like a brow pencil that is soft, powdery, intense, very easy to apply and that lasts all day then try this out!!! Just make sure to have some kind of little brush handy to buff this out a little or it will look too drawn on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by marchafr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

bought this in color "blonde". Pencil is super soft, easy to put, works well into gaps, stays on all day. Great purchase

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Cgibbons

So shocked with all the bad reviews on this pencil!
Its not groundbreakingly amazing or anything! But at the end of the day its a brow pencil, it stays on all day, it goes easily enough, And the colour i get is 'blonde' and i have mid brown hair so its really flattering.
People are saying stuff about problems with sharpening the pencil? I dont have this problem to be honest i make sure i apply a lot of pressure when sharpening and its fine.
It also has the finish of a powder rather than an oily pencil that slides off which i like.
Bit on the pricy side but you get a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by shanghai_diva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very surprised with the negative reviews on this product because I love mine. I love the COLOR and I hope they don't discontinue it. I love that it's gray-brown and very neutral, compliments my face and hair. I haven't found any equivalent in other brands.

It easily glides on, powdery finish (vs waxy kind which I hate).

As for the sharpening, since I apply at an angle, I do get a great deal of the product on the wooden exposed part of the pencil but I sharpen with no problem. My tip is, be gentle with the sharpening, twist it gently so it doesn't crumble to pieces.

I'm already on my 2nd pencil so no doubt, I will continue to buy and hope that they don't discontinue this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by blackhound

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What a disappointment. I generally love BB products, and this pencil in Gray is the exact color I need for my brows but the cheap quality of the pencil is a non-starter. It is impossible to sharpen. I lost over 50% of the pencil in abortive attempts to get a point. The point shatters and breaks below the pencil edge and you have to grind it down to even get to the product which then promptly shatters again.

Save your $$. This is a loser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I could have thrown my $22 into the gutter--instead I purchased this worthless product.

I'm a BB fan and own many of her products. This is the only one that has been a massive failure.

As other mentioned, it won't sharpen. I tried freezing it, using various sharpeners, etc., but nothing works.

I also posted a review on the BB site to make them aware of my displeasure, and suggest you do as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by tia56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Worst. Product. Ever. Color not bad ( I'm a brunette, and like most of the others viewing this product, the SA matched me to blond, too. Go figure) and I was intrigued by the choice of a lighter palette on my brows, but sheesh, you only get to use this pencil till the first break or wear down, because forget about sharpening this thing. I tried, and stood aghast watching a very expensive waterfall of color pour out until there was nothing left. I gave this a "1" only because there is no "0"!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Grey. It is a ash blonde/grey that will work well with brunettes and asians.

It's just a little too dark for me to use at the start of my brows because I have naturally very sparse brows. I use this towards the end and to elongate the brow.

I like the texture that this gives, it's very natural and people really can't tell that I have filled in my brows.

Sharpening-wise, I don't have any problem, just don't twist the sharpener all the way around. If you sharpen too much, the pencil doesn't work as well.

Will not repurchase because I prefer the Shiseido Maquillage pencil.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by d1nky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is just the WORST eyebrow pencil ever!!! Agreed with most of the reviewers, it just crumbled away while sharpening and while applying it. It will also crumbled by putting the pencil on the table. I sharpened it more than 4 times and still didnít get the shape I wanted as it keeps crumbled. I donít even get to use 20% of the pencil it self. NOT WORTH BUYING at all!!!