July 22, 2014 | 2162 users online

Brows - Bobbi Brown - Brow Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by marchafr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

bought this in color "blonde". Pencil is super soft, easy to put, works well into gaps, stays on all day. Great purchase

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Cgibbons

So shocked with all the bad reviews on this pencil!
Its not groundbreakingly amazing or anything! But at the end of the day its a brow pencil, it stays on all day, it goes easily enough, And the colour i get is 'blonde' and i have mid brown hair so its really flattering.
People are saying stuff about problems with sharpening the pencil? I dont have this problem to be honest i make sure i apply a lot of pressure when sharpening and its fine.
It also has the finish of a powder rather than an oily pencil that slides off which i like.
Bit on the pricy side but you get a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by shanghai_diva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very surprised with the negative reviews on this product because I love mine. I love the COLOR and I hope they don't discontinue it. I love that it's gray-brown and very neutral, compliments my face and hair. I haven't found any equivalent in other brands.

It easily glides on, powdery finish (vs waxy kind which I hate).

As for the sharpening, since I apply at an angle, I do get a great deal of the product on the wooden exposed part of the pencil but I sharpen with no problem. My tip is, be gentle with the sharpening, twist it gently so it doesn't crumble to pieces.

I'm already on my 2nd pencil so no doubt, I will continue to buy and hope that they don't discontinue this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by blackhound

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What a disappointment. I generally love BB products, and this pencil in Gray is the exact color I need for my brows but the cheap quality of the pencil is a non-starter. It is impossible to sharpen. I lost over 50% of the pencil in abortive attempts to get a point. The point shatters and breaks below the pencil edge and you have to grind it down to even get to the product which then promptly shatters again.

Save your $$. This is a loser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I could have thrown my $22 into the gutter--instead I purchased this worthless product.

I'm a BB fan and own many of her products. This is the only one that has been a massive failure.

As other mentioned, it won't sharpen. I tried freezing it, using various sharpeners, etc., but nothing works.

I also posted a review on the BB site to make them aware of my displeasure, and suggest you do as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by tia56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Worst. Product. Ever. Color not bad ( I'm a brunette, and like most of the others viewing this product, the SA matched me to blond, too. Go figure) and I was intrigued by the choice of a lighter palette on my brows, but sheesh, you only get to use this pencil till the first break or wear down, because forget about sharpening this thing. I tried, and stood aghast watching a very expensive waterfall of color pour out until there was nothing left. I gave this a "1" only because there is no "0"!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Grey. It is a ash blonde/grey that will work well with brunettes and asians.

It's just a little too dark for me to use at the start of my brows because I have naturally very sparse brows. I use this towards the end and to elongate the brow.

I like the texture that this gives, it's very natural and people really can't tell that I have filled in my brows.

Sharpening-wise, I don't have any problem, just don't twist the sharpener all the way around. If you sharpen too much, the pencil doesn't work as well.

Will not repurchase because I prefer the Shiseido Maquillage pencil.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by d1nky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is just the WORST eyebrow pencil ever!!! Agreed with most of the reviewers, it just crumbled away while sharpening and while applying it. It will also crumbled by putting the pencil on the table. I sharpened it more than 4 times and still didnít get the shape I wanted as it keeps crumbled. I donít even get to use 20% of the pencil it self. NOT WORTH BUYING at all!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I am the queen of eyebrow pencils and this has to be the WORST ive ever tried, just a mess. Where do i start...I got matched to 'blonde', I am a brunnette/tanned but I dont like my eyebrows to look too dark and the SA rec this, shade is so off and strong. But i didnt give this pencil a ''1'' rating because i got the wrong shade. The pencil just crumbles away!! When i tried to sharpen it i swear to god i crumbled away 1/4 of the pencil!! I tried to eventually apply and its very powdery not waxy and i really had no control over it. Applied very badly. And rubs away if u literally just run your finger across the brows. So staying power is awful. For me shiseido used to do the best e/b pencils until they discont them and now have some very average ones, so for now LM in blonde is perfect for me, rimmel a close second.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2010 6:10:00 AM More reviews by rankers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awful product - was matched by BB SA to Wheat and when I got home and used it - the colour was terrible - far too orange and very unnatural. I feel robbed and will go back to using BB flint eye shadow.