October 30, 2014 | 1096 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Face/ Body Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

First released in 2005 the Face/Body Brush is the Body Shop's most well known brush, together with the Mineral Kabuki. Body Shop brushes feature two types of bristles. The Sun Luster, Blusher and Eye Brushes with thin softer bristles, and the Mineral Kabuki with coarser, slightly curled hairs that are better at holding and blending powders.

The Face & Body Brush is just like the Sun Luster Kabuki but with a tapered shape. It is more like a classic blush brush, and it certainly performs better as that. It can be used for applying highly pigmented blushes (because it doesn't pick up as easily) but it is best for blending out cream blush. Pick some product with a clean finger, dot it on your cheeks giving a rough shape, then use this to blend it out. It is possibly the softest synthetic brush out there, and great for skin that is dry or sensitive.

The handle is wide at the base and some people find this annoying. But it is still excellent quality. There is no denying that.

NOTE: Nobody should buy Body Shop products retail, unless you're really in a hurry. They often have a 50% discount on makeup, including brushes. If you're a bit more patient, 3 brushes for $30.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

First impressions where whether this would work for powder, as the brush is more flat and I prefer a full rounded brush head when applying powder. But It was part of a special offer so i still got it. I was pleasantly surprised it picks up powder well and feels so soft on the face and applies evenly.
I wouldn't buy again only because by reading the reviews this lasts forever so at the time I do change I will try something different.

Can't use with liquid or cream products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have also had this random thing for about 7 years and its still going strong! I hate animal hair brushes (not a huge animal nut, I just hate the smell and feel of natural brushes... I know I am weird), and this was something I picked up on a whim. It's lasted forever and is still soft and non-smelly as ever. Good investment if you take care of it. I wash mine with baby shampoo every month or so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Holy hell. I bought this about....7? 8? years ago and I still have it. It was $25 so I'm amazed I went for it. I think just feeling how soft it was and I was sold. It's lush, full and amazing. I don't remember it losing hair, getting bent funny (though I'm sure compared to a brand new one you can tell) I just love it. I use it for face and blush since I don't like a small little streak on my cheeks. This picks up and DEPOSITS product so well, I never even thought of another type of face brush!!! Well worth the money!

UPDATE: I wandered in to The Body Shop today and got a new one (there was a great sale and it has been a while.) I RAVED at how long it lasted. It's still fine, I just thought it was time. They were glad to hear of an actual person saying how long it lasted. And of course the new one is even softer than my old one. So freaking luxurious this is one of my favorite products ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by valeggua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brush, it's awesome!
It is big, dense and it's got very soft bristles which feels so gentle on my sensitive skin.
I started off using it to apply liguid foundation, but that didn't work out for me (sponge/stippling brush work so much better).
Then I re-discovered the brush when I started using mineral compact powder foundation. Such a good match with this brush!
And I smile every day when being caressed by it's bristles :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

I have had this bursh for a long time, it probably just slipped my mind to review it. I have to say this brush has the softest bristles I have ever felt on a brush. I used to love it and used it frequently. However, when I went back to it recently, I thought the bristles were too soft to hold and apply powder properly on my face anymore. Also the glue has seperated so the handle of the brush dropped off for some time now(I do not soak my brushes in water, I only wash and air dry them). For now the brush is getting two lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this brush for such a long time that it actually looks different to the picture. I think I've had mine for nearly 10 years, certainly at least 8 and it is honestly as good now as it was when I first bought it (bar the fact that The Body Shop lettering has rubbed off!).
The bristles are soft and flexible, but not one has bent. It picks up powder really well (I use it for loose or pressed powder) and feels gorgeous on the skin. It is easy to wash and doesn't spread like cheaper brushes do.
I don't know how much I paid for this, but I do know that at the time I would have thought it was expensive (this was my first 'proper' make up brush purchase). The amount of time I have had this for though, means it is well worth the money, and I would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by missdenise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best The Body Shop brushes. The brush have a perfect size, and it very soft to the face. I use it for powder, and it holds it perfectly. And it is not heavy at all, although a lot of reviewers are saying that it is. Totally recommend this for make-up beginners, like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by milcha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my 1st 'real' brush I have ever purchased (I used to have cheap brushes that hurt my skin like crazy). I live in Jakarta, Indonesia and we don't have stores like ELF, Bare Minerals, Sonia Kashuk, etc. but The Body Shop store is like everywhere here (and no, I cannot afford MAC brushes). I did some research and I read some good review on The Body Shop Brushes. I bought it at 10% discount (BTW).
Hell yeah this is my Holy Grail! Now that I have a dozen more brushes (mostly goat hair), this thing is still my fave (after gajillion years since I 1st purchase it). I think I cannot live without it! I used it almost everyday to apply my pressed powder and blush. The bristle are so soft, stay soft after a million times of washing, the handle are amazing, it doesn't shed whatsoever, and the thing I like the most is that even when I push my brush so hard the bristle won't bend. This brush is big but I often put it on my make up bag for on-the-go, and I practically toss it in my bag (read: abuse the brush), and whoa the bristle just doesnt bend/shed whatsoever.
I probably will purchase some ELF brushes online, and maybe some other brushes online, but man, this brush is my 1st love.
And no, I will not repurchase it because...why should I? This thing seems like it's immortal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really good brush, I use it to apply loose powder as I prefer mac duo fibre brush for pressed powder. For me its better for loose because it big and rounded. Its good quality and has lasted years with regular cleaning.