July 31, 2014 | 1725 users online

Eye Shadow - Sonia Kashuk - Showstoppers Quad

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by melumebelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had to use a wet brush to apply this, and after I applied it I couldn't get it off! The difficult clean-up was definitely a turn off for me, along with the fact that I found this shadow hard to apply evenly and then work with once on the eyelid.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by DvineRevelation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The product description is a bit deceiving. It is not really a shadow, and its not really a glitter. It does have rather large particles in it, not regular glitter size, not fine either. It has a weird, semi creamy texture that seems to make brushing it on quite difficult. I find this product to be an absolute joy when I use my ring finger to put it on. I recommend a cream base, such as a MUFE aqua color or flash color, or PP or cream color base from MAC first. Then lay your SK color on. You can pack these on and they do offer quite the punch of shimmer and pow! The lighter colors offer minimal to some color payoff, while the darker colors offer a much better color payoff and shimmer factor. Be careful when using a brush as you will have quite the case of fallout, and man oh man does this stuff like to travel. Def great for a club look, and I have even used it for shoots in low light/candle light set ups that give the eyes almost a dewey, romantic effect. So what if I cant use a brush....its still an awesome product if you learn how to use it. My biggest gripe is the price of these things....10 bux is a bit much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Horrible. I returned it. The colors look so perfect in the package, and I bought it on the advice of one of the makeup gurus I watch on youtube. But this was terrible. I used mixing medium to try to get this to show up on the lid. It does not show up as shadow. It is little tiny particles of glitter (in Target, it just looked like shimmer, not glitter particles) in each color. They got all over my face and under my eyes, even with the use of mixing medium. I tried a bunch of different brushes, even my fingers, but nothing worked to get the pigment to show up on my lids. It's just glitter. So I got a refund. Horrible product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by cheer992

love this!!! i use this on top of matte shadows for highlighting, smokey eye looks, it's stunning. i ran out and bought 3 of these! they're gorgeous!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sschroedl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It seems like applying this with my finger is the most effective way to apply this shadow. I have the most fallout with these if I use a brush, so pressing with my fingertip seems to pack on the color better. I also never wear these on their own, but rather on top of other shadows. This can make cheaper shadows look more dramatic.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by anthurston

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a quad and a double pan (not sure if that is a correct terminology) and was pretty disappointed. I love Sonia Kashuk's brushes and I think it's really nice that she comes out with small lines, like the eco-friendly line for example. However, I was not a fan with the eyeshadows. I got a smokey eye quad and the double pan is a shimmery beige and then a matte brown. The only eyeshadow I was pleased with was the matte brown, it reminds me of wedge by MAC; I now use the matte brown as my eyebrow color. It has lasted me at least 5 months and I even use it wet with Fix +. The other colors though were way too shimmery and the shimmers kind of took away from the color I think. There was a ton of fall out as well, just way too powdery!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Gorgeous shimmer quad. This was completely sold out at stores so had to order online. One of these, the champagne color, came with another SK set that I bought and I absolutely love the shimmer it gives when layered onto other matte shadows. I never used sparkle/pigments until the SK set and I'm hooked. It really gives you a different look with the colors you already have and the oomph factor can be taken from subtle to totally over the top...but this shimmer never looks tacky!

The trick to this product is to use it to define...as the description says. It's not meant to be an actual eyeshadow, it's more of a concentrated shimmer pigment that you pat onto your shadow in different areas (try using a MAC pencil brush) and it gives the most subtle glow. You can pack it on for more intensity also. These are even better than my MAC pigments. Just dab it on, a little goes a long way and the results stay on until I wash my makeup off at the end of the day/night. Such a versatile shimmer that I'm buying as many backups as I can. Love this stuff!!! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by 800birds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Honestly, I wish I could've tested this before I bought it. The colors look rich and concentrated in that pan, but turn out to be extremely subtle washes of color, with enormous chunks of glitter distributed throughout. In fact the two lightest shades: the white and the gold might as well be the same color because they're basically just glitter with no color at all, albeit the gold which departs a very slight pale yellow. The bottom line, if you're willing to really work with this eyeshadow you can achieve okay results, IE if you're willing to use a really nice base and maybe a mixer to deepen the hue, but for all the ladies who like to just brush it on, this isn't for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a gorgeous quad. It is, however, for sparkle and glitter lovers only. It contains 4 soft, glittery shades of white, brown, black, and champagne. The depth of the pigments is not intense, so layering these with more pigmented shadows and cream bases is the way to go to create the most dramatic effect. Alone, each will leave a softly colored wash of intense sparkle and glimmer. Stila recently released a quad of very similar shadow textures, and I passed due to the extremely tiny amount of product provided for the price. At about $11 for the 4 large shadows and sleek, magnetized packaging, this was a steal imo. Again, this is for extreme glimmer and shimmer lovers. Do the eyes before the face when using these because there will be fallout. The soft texture of these could be a challenge to use, but giving your loaded brush a good tap, then a misting of Fix + or mixing medium on the brush will help the shadow stick. Patting the color on, not rubbing, will also help.