September 22, 2014 | 2049 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Lilac 001 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I am sad that I discovered this lipstick and find its been discontinued. It's such a unique shade. It's a dark cool pink with a hint of purple. Its not a deep lilac color but very light lilac color. Its very flattering on my cool light complexion.
    I loved the whole line of Colorburst and don't know why Revlon discontinued them. They are very buttery and long lasting. I preferred them to any other lipsticks because of this. Hoping to find a dupe because I am pretty bummed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect substitute for stupid MAC Lustre Syrup, which wears off in 30 minutes, at most. This lasts much longer (a little staining), and it's a pretty darned close match. Gorgeous color, even with NARS Orgasm blush and slightly pink-coral sweater. I'm NW20, very dark brown hair and eyes, pigmented lips. Absolutely love it and will stock up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by DyingMessenger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

A beautiful darker pink color with a hint of purple makes this a very unique lipstick.
    I bought this at Big Lots for $2 on a whim because I really liked the color and I was pleasantly surprised with how wonderful it is. Where this color may not work on everyone, it is worth a try if you find it cheap somewhere, or even in a different shade. It is wonderfully creamy and does not dry the lips out like so many other lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

This lipstick goes on a bit too shimmery for me. However, it feels nice and hydrating without being too sticky. So although the color is a bit much on my NC 30-NC40 skin, after it fades a little bit it seems ok. I think it was worth the buy. Id probably buy more of these Color Burst products from Revlon again. It has cute packaging and I love how the "Revlon" is imprinted into the actual lipstick itself.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm still a bit on the fence about this colour. I've worn it a couple of times and while it feels beautiful on I'm not completly sold on the hue against my skin tone. It does have a hint of purple on me so perhaps I'll stay away from purple hues for now.

Pros: Again with most of the colour burst this is such a lovely product so creamy and the packaing is really brilliant.

Cons: The product is not moisturising so will show up any dryness on your lips.

While I would LOVE to give rave reviews of the colourburst line I'm still not overly convinced. But that being said there are SO many different colours to try so I may just be convinced yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my fave Color Burst Lipsticks it is so creamy and the color is so preety! It looks great on my skin without a lipliner cause I hate lipliner and lipstick looks (my opinion) I much rather throw on a lipstick and go! Love this color I cant stress it enough! This is such a nice lilac color with a blue undertone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by clee50841

Not sure if this is discontinued but I got it on clearance at CVS recently for $2 and some change....what a steal! I love this lip color. Its a beautiful darker pink with a hint of plum. I really hope this is not a discontinued color because I will def buy more of them

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color does not work on me at all.....and I never have a problem with pink shades. It looks muddy.

I was hoping with the name lilac that it would have a hint of a purplish tone, but it didn't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although this isn't exactly cheap for a drugstore brand, it performs as well as high end lipsticks. Rich, smooth texture, admirable staying power, but the best quality is the super-saturated pigmentation. There is just so much color, making a little go a long way. It wears evenly, avoiding the dreaded lip outline, and blotting when applying makes it last even longer. My only complaint is the rounded, paddle shape of the lipstick. Due to the defined shape of my lips, I prefer lipsticks with a sharp point to allow for accuracy. I can work with this one, it's just not as easy to apply in a hurry. I really love the color swatch on the lid, making selecting the shade I'm after much easier than trying to read a label.

This particular shade is a pretty light purplish mauve. The name lilac implies a blue-toned lavender, but while definitely in the cool color family, this leans more toward pink. I have very fair skin and dark hair, so this light of a shade doesn't work well for everyday. But it looks fabulous with a dark plum or classic chestnut eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by PrincessButtercup82

i picked this up on clearance at CVS.. the color is amazingly pigmented, and it feels really smooth.. the only issue i have, is the color does not work for me at all.. i am very pale (warm ivory just to give you an idea) and this was way too purple.. the swatches above, which i went by, were more on the pinkish side.. i was hoping it would have looked like that on me, but sadly it didn't..