September 30, 2014 | 1625 users online

Skincare - Body - Coastal Scents - Cocoa Butter

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 2 (less than $10 for 1 lb)

Packaging: 2 (just a plastic bag)

Buy again: yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I love using cocoa butter on my skin as a moisturizer in the winter months as my skin gets very dry and regular lotions just don't cut it. I normally use coconut oil, but I thought I'd try cocoa butter since I've heard many good things about it. I was very pleased to purchase a generous 1 lb block of pure 100% African cocoa butter online for a very reasonable price, and received it in a respectable amount of time.

How I use the big cocoa butter block:

1. I cut my big block into 4 chunks so it is easier to handle.

2. I boil hot water and pour into a bowl. I place another dish on top, so that the dish becomes almost like a double boiler.

3. I use a vegetable peeler to shave off thin, small pieces into the dish, which melt easily from the heat of the hot water, and then apply to my skin.

It seems like a lot of steps, but it really isn't. I much prefer using the liquid, melted cocoa butter than rubbing the hard block onto my skin. I absolutely love the smell (exactly like dark chocolate!) so I don't have any problems with the natural scent.

It definitely moisturizes my dry legs much better than any other lotion and the moisture is sealed in because it is a natural butter/oil. I find that lotions containing petroleum oil/mineral oil are just too thin and don't contribute anything to my skin whatsoever, so I'd rather take the extra steps to use Cocoa Butter than use conventional lotions. Additionally, I'm getting 100% of the real stuff which is high quality and has no additional additives or weird ingredients I can't pronounce, so I feel better about slathering this on my skin than a chemical moisturizer. Also, for less than $10 you get TONNES of product which will last you FOREVER... I'm not kidding. A little goes a long way with this stuff.

Love, love, love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just received my CS 1 lbs cocoa butter order today. I think that this is an ideal product for the overall appearance of the skin. I've applied it to vaious body parts. My cuticles, hands, legs,& arms feel much softer & smoother. I've also applied it to my face where I was having some peeling from a little too much sun. I like the fact that this butter can be applied to ANY part of the face or body. It's also great as an eye cream. I also find that this butter is not sticky like the Palmer's Cocoa Butter is. This lack of stickiness is due to the fact that there is no wax or mineral oil added to this butter block. It's 100% PURE. The only complaint that I have about this butter is that it smells EXACTLY like heavy dark chocolate. The Palmer's Cocoa Butter had a sweet , light, candy smell to it, which I prefer. However, I would buy this PURE Cocoa Butter again over the Palmer's because it has a smoother consistency & I don't have to worry about potential breakouts from added wax or mineral oil.

I think that this is best to be used as a NIGHT treatment. I'll apply it b4 bedtime so that I can receive optimum results in the morning & I also won't have to smell myself all day. It's best to apply it @ night because once you see how it works on your face, you'll then know why. Also, place down a towel onto your pillow @ night when you use the cocoa butter on your face. (Again, you'll know why...)

Overall, I think it's a wonderful product for every skin type, especially tanners like myself! Cocoa butter holds on to a tan better than other types of lotions. So again, my only complaint is the smell. I don't like the smell of chocolate but the benefits definitely out weigh the smell. You can avoid this problem by using the butter @ bedtime only. (I really wouldn't feel comfortable leaving the house smelling like the butter...) BUT... If you DO love the smell of chocolate, you'll absolutely LOVE this product! Either way, I feel that this product is worth it & I would def. repurchase cuz nothing compares to the way cocoa butter makes one's skin look & feel; also, I would much rather use this pure product that doesn't contain the added wax & mineral oil, which can cause major breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

I absolutely ADORE this stuff. This is my first experience with pure cocoa butter and I am very surprised at the texture...it is incredibly smooth going on and not greasy at all...just takes maybe 5 minutes to sink in, though it does sink in completely. It comes in a big flat block and is hard as a rock but you are able to break small pieces off with a knife and knead them into your skin (you could melt it a bit as well, but I find just working at it with my hands is fine). Love love LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cocoa butter comes in a hard block which I break a large chunk off and place in a resealable plastic bag. After showering or bathing then toweling off, rub the chunk of cocoa butter all over. After placing the chunk back in the bag; next, rub the cocoa butter into your skin which is still warm from your shower. You will need to do something else like brush your teeth while it absorbs before putting on clothes. But let me tell you, you will have the smoothest skin with a glow. The smell is faintly of chocolate, but will not clash with your perfume. Or, if you want, don't use any perfume and you will still be a man-magnet with the warm, cozy scent.