April 16, 2014 | 2079 users online

Fragrances - Hermes - Eau de Gentiane Blanche

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by rasputin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Jalapeņo peppers, anyone?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by King_of_England

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Subtle composition. Twiggy, vaguely smoky, the subdued orris/iris background is quietly rooty without smelling too much like carrots, as orris is prone to. One has the impression of being in the presence of high quality natural materials including some gentian absolute no doubt, on a base of musk.

The general tonality is similar to Frederick Malle's Angeliques sous la Pluie, the clean understated musk set against a dry herbal element.

Original and a bit different, one for the connoisseur.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by plsthink2ice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for my boy friend , he loves it and so do I :) HE DOESNT ACTUALLY CARE MUCH ABOUT PERFUMES .. he liked de terre better but i like this one better cause it is lighter , teh other one is a bit too heavy for me .. yet i like both ..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

I like and appreciate the idea behind this fragrance, but unfortunately it doesn't smell that good on me. To me, Eau de Gentiane Blanche is an inward, shadowy fragrance that brings to my mind my beloved Dzonghka. However, an odd note like boiled green peppers dominates on my skin. Sad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Hermes Eau de Gentiane Blanche is a wonderful skinscent and
shared fragrance. My impression is one of a very soft rose, powder,
dry earth. Stays close to the skin. Official notes include white musk,
gentian, iris and incense. I don't know what gentian smells like. I
could see the iris in retrospect. Fortunately I don't perceive any
incense. The rose-iris-musk of Gentiane is similar then to Kelly Caleche, but the Gentiane is softer, more subtle, and closer to the body from start to finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First, Hermes fragrances are probably my favorites. The Hermes brand is all about quality and luxury and although I cannot afford many of the products, I try to get my hands on as many samples as I can. This fragrance is special and fits my penchant for fresh, sharply green, sometimes slightly medicinal smelling perfumes. This is so perfect for those hot summer days when you want to pretend that you live inside of a greenhouse that specializes in freshly cut budding blooms, meaning the whole bloom, roots.

I like basenotes description: The Hermes Gentiane Blanche is a mildly bitter, to-the-point, asertive but polite green scent. This is very pleasantly green and then quickly transitions into a light green musk air - the whole thing is transparent and light. Then the green bitterness evaporates into an airy light musk scent. Now a little about the plant...
Gentian is a scrubby small alpine flower that is mildly bitter and green. Gentian root is used in making bitters and to add seriousness to medicinal liquors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eau de Gentiane Blanche is a unisex eau de cologne released in 2009 as part of Les Colognes Hermes. Notes: gentian, white musk, iris and incense.

I've throughly enjoyed wearing Eau de Gentiane Blanche. It's an extremely dry and bitter fragrance with some citrus undertones. The opening notes remind me of the pith of a grapefruit - citrusy but bitter at the same time. The remainder of the fragrance is dry, vegetal, with rock salt/mineral notes as well. I'm wearing this in spring and it's wonderful. Would love a FB of this to wear in the summer.