August 23, 2014 | 1775 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - #255B Penny [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I like to use this as eyeshadow/blush paired with a black winged eye. Love the outcome! The product itself is the color of a penny. Very pretty

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

The single shadows are very slim and convenient for travel and purse-friendly, and are nice dupes for a few higher-end shadows.

The shade penny is a bronzy orangey pink/red shade thats creamy with shimmers, but I do suggest to be careful with it. Some people will look great with this shade, but others will look like they have red puffy and swollen eyes. For example, I generally would not suggest this to someone with a very cool complexion, but warmer shades from this line would definitely look better :) Also use this colour moderately, so don't use too much, as use browns to soften it up a bit (:

On me, this colour didn't look too bad, but I guess I just don't like coppery red colours, as i've barely used this shade, a bit too shimmery for me :) Still, for the price of $5, these eyeshadows are good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

So sad this is discontinued! Makes my hazel eyes pop. Definate dupe for MACs expensive pink. LOOOVE THIS

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by jacq1985

This is amazing, it's so close to Mac's expensive pink. My sister, who is a huge makeup snob, but extremely honest and knowledgeable , was even impressed. I recently got several eyeshadow palette's from wet n wild and she said that some of the colors were even better than Mac as far as pigmentation went. This is a great color, and really makes my green eyes pop. Love.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Looked like an interesting color on the pan and I kind of knew that it wouldn't suit on my cool tone skin, but it was cheap, so I decided to try it anyway. I thought it might have surprised me.
    No, it didn't look good at all on me. The quality of it is very good, it's very silky and and it applies easily like all the other Wet'n'Wild eyeshadows I've tried, but after I had applied this on my eyelids, I looked like I had been crying for a week. My eyelids looked red and swollen (even if they weren't swollen) with shimmer.
    It's a really pretty looking coppery color on the pan, but I can't wear it.It looks absolutely horrible on my eyelids.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by sharmilaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was laughing when I picked this color up. I donot like very bright vibrant color e/s (at my age especially) but my son said "mommy I want this orange color it is like a popsicle you will look beautiful"... hence I picked it up :). Might look very salmon orange.
    Pakaging - wetnwild single eyeshadows have VERY FRAGILE PACKAGING DONOT DROP IT EYSHADOW WILL BREAK & SHATTER INSIDE, mine did as soon as i got home.

Color - peachy/golden with strong sunset orange tones
    Texture - very patchy, not smooth, blotchy - just make sure to blend it well and go light on this shadow to make it work.
    Finish - It has shimmer & sheen but no glitter.
    Doesnot last on my eyes very long.

Honeytly skimp on this and get something better perhaps Nutty from wetnwild or even put a few dollars more & get some other eyeshadow Check maybelline, Revlon, L'oreal they have some decent,lovely colors whichever you like.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by ShyLover

Love it! I find this color to be really rich and its easy wearable. I have several of this things in different shades. They are easy to use and easy to handle. You simply can put them in your pocket or purse and you're good to go. I love the small size of them and the price.

I find myself wearing this color often and I have to say its my top favorite single from wet N Wild, it goes great with so many other eye shadows they have.

My only issue is that its such a small thing and it has a lot of stickers you need to peel off before you can even open it so you'll need some good nails.

Will buy this again without a doubt.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has quickly become one of my favorite eyeshadows. I got it 40% off at Rite Aid which made it around $1. I usually shy away from any orange type colors because I think that they look awful on me. There is an exception to every rule, however, and Penny is it. This color has so much dimension and is extremely pigmented. It's peachy, pink, golden, glowing - it's absolutely gorgeous. I like eyeshadows I can just wear as a wash, I don't like to fuss too much with them and I just want it to be easy. This is such an effortless color and it does wonders for my green eyes. I hope that they don't ever discontinue this color but, if they do, at $1 I could easily stock up. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To me PENNY is a mix of a copper base with flamingo reflects. As flamboyant as that sounds. It swipes down to a nice, glowey presentation. My favorite use of this is - surprisingly- on my lips. It looks fantastic as a rosy, glowey, peachy nude. I use my finger to apply, put a sheer gloss over - beautiful. The other way I like to use PENNY is to add a little (much needed) depth to a smokey eye. Just a little smidge along the lashes in the middle adds beautiful depth without distracting from the look. On my pale skin, the burnt orange melts into a warm peach and the flamingo into a feathered pink. You can often get PENNY for 99 cents - so if you can - why not?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by huntermekare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know it's been mentioned before, but this is a spot on dupe for MAC's expensive pink. They don't look the same in the pan, so even after owning this shade (and hitting pan and repurchasing) I made the mistake of thinking expensive pink would be... different? pinker? who knows?... and purchased the refill pan at MAC. I can't see a difference in these two shades.
    That aside, the wnw one looks much more orange-y than it is in the pan and is actually more copper. I don't get a lot of pink out of it and I find it pretty flattering with a warm brown in the crease.