August 22, 2014 | 1124 users online

Moisturizers - Korres - Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Antiwrinkle Day Cream SPF 10 - Normal/Dry

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by karlimarly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very creamy texture that spreads out very nicely. A little goes a long way. Looks and initially feels like it is going to be greasy, but it soaks right it. My skin feels very smooth and plump and firm in the morning. I love the smell, which reminds me of some kind of nut butter. My skin feels so much better in the morning after using this product as compared to when I get lazy and just go to sleep after washing my face. It's very calming as well, and I think it has helped with my redness. I tend to be kind of ruddy, and this seems to tone that down some. I also really love that it comes in a heavy glass bottle I like packaging that looks nice on my vanity! Overall, a very nice product, in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by vanerodm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ok...I love Korres products and have been using them for years! But Quercetin & Oak day cream was a huge disappointment. My skin is very dry and needs something hydrating but this cream left my skin thirsty. When first applied it’s sticky and feels heavy. When looking in the mirror and smile my skin would look dry around my cheeks leaving signs of wrinkles…which defeats the purpose of being an ant wrinkle cream. Korres…this is your most expensive line AND doesn’t work, I’m very disappointed in you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

I got this as a deluxe sample and have been using it everyday for the past 2 weeks or so. I think I'm going to stop using it, even though I usually have a compulsion to finish a product, esp. samples. I just find this stuff WAYYY to oily/thick/heavy to use under makeup. It never really sinks in so it makes applying powders to your skin very difficult (in terms of blending and having a light hand) because everything sticks to this lotion. I've waited over 20 min for this to sink in before and it just never really does. I hate that it makes my face feel greasy and heavy the entire day.

I have not noticed any difference in the appearance of fine lines on my skin after using this product, and it's definitely made my pores pretty clogged at this point.

The smell is nice and light. I can't describe what scent it is, but it definitely smells floral. It wears off really quickly though, so if you're bothered by scents it shouldn't be too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by lipstick4ever

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe there aren't more reviews for the Quercetin & Oak moisturizers. I love the Day Cream and the Night Cream. They are non-irritating (my skin is sensitive) and I feel like they really improve the texture of my skin. They moisturize without breaking me out (my teenage kids use it and love it too - my son is currently on accutane and my daughter is on antibiotics). I think I have found my HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample of this--thanks, Sephora--but was not impressed. The texture is more like a very thick lotion than a cream; the sample came in a tube and I believe the actual product is in a pump. It seems to be unfragranced. Upon application it leaves the skin with a nice, soft afterfeel, but there is a noticeable--if thin--layer of sunscreen sitting on top. This is a problem. Touch it and it will start balling up, taking your makeup with it. I also noticed that it made my foundations and concealers look distinctly orange. They definitely don't usually look that way, so this was disappointing.

As far as I can tell, the SPF in this product is *not* photostable (experts, please correct: avo plus octinoxate plus octocrylene=not usually photostable, right?) It is also only an SPF 10, so all in all it's not a great choice as a sunscreen.

I can't say much about the treatment effects of the natural ingredients. They have some good clinicals for the quercetin and oak. I didn't notice any dramatic benefits (although there might have been some little ones, and could be more over time.) If you want to try these ingredients, I recommend starting with their Night Cream, which I haven't tried but is probably a better bet.

ETA: If you're looking for a day moisturizer, I highly recommend Garnier Nutritioniste SPF 28. It's by far the best I've found.

UPDATE: After using this a bit longer, I am changing my rating to a 3. I actually think the Quercetin and Oak do something for wrinkles--in fact, I was so convinced I went ahead and bought a full size of the Normal/Combination version (without SPF). It looks very promising so far. I will review that when I know better.

Normal to Dry Skin:
Avobenzone 3%, Octinoxate 5%, Octocrylene 4%, Water, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glycerin, Rhus Verniciua Peel Wax, Behenyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco-Glucoside, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Garcinia Indica Seed Butter, Pentylene Glycol, Sucrose, Sucrose Distearate, Alanine, Arginine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Fragrance, Glyceryl Oleate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Lecithin, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Mourera Fluviatilis Extract, PCA, Quercetin Caprylate, Quercus Robur Bark Extract, Serine, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Gluceptate, Threonine, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No