Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Brulee

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide (in Shade 255B), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (in Shade 254B), Silica (in Shade 257A), Methicone (in Shade 251A), Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer (in Shade 251A). May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090

on 5/5/2015 2:32:00 PM

This was the first wet n wild single I purchased. I love that its matte. I use this when I take an easy day and just wear a cat eye. It's very buttery and smooth. I've also used this as a concealer setting powder when I ran out of my translucent loose powder. For only .99 at nearly every drugstore, what do you have to lose? I just purchased a few other colors, can't wait to try them!

on 5/5/2015 1:08:00 PM

This is a great, blendable matte shadow. I am pretty pale, so I can even use it to set concealer under my eyes. I would buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Probably the best drugstore find of my life! I try not to buy into products that have a lot of hype on social media, but I have to say honestly this is worth the hype 100%.
I wasn't expecting much for 99 cents but when I swatched this on my hand I was speechless. Super creamy texture and incredible pigmentation. I own high end palettes with a color similar to this one in their range, and they don't perform well. But this little drugstore gem surpasses the pigmentation and texture by a thousand points. Amazing matte pigmented color for all over the lid or brow bone highlighting. I can see myself hitting pan on this quickly.
If you manage to find this at the drugstore, grab it, I GUARANTEE you won't regret it. I am so pleased with this eye shadow I sound insane.

on 4/25/2015 3:02:00 PM

I use this as a base color for my other shadows. It is a matte ivory color that works perfectly for me. Most other base shadows that I have come across have a yellow undertone to them and that looks sickly on my fair skin. This is very neutral and counteracts any redness or blue veins I may have on my eyes on any given day. The packaging leaves a little to be desired as it can be hard to open. My shadow has also broken into pieces and it stays in my kit all the time so it's not like it travels with me in my purse. But it is cheap in price but not in quality so I will forgive that flaw.

on 4/19/2015 11:05:00 AM

Great product for the price! THis shade is the perfect base for me. I am always looking for a nice neutral shadow because I have red lids from allergies. But most are either too white and unnatural looking or too muddy and dark. This is perfect. Natural looking and skin colored. Packaging isn't the best. I've had to rebuy this multiple times due to it breaking into a million pieces and ending up all over the floor but for the price it is totally worth it!

on 4/17/2015 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've bought quite a few eyeshadow brands that are this EXACT same shade when you compare them in the pans - a matte, almond shade. Looks very nondescript & boring in the pan. I have to say I've never once been moved to review a shade like this ever - until now. The pigmentation and creaminess makes this indispensable as a staple & blows every brand I've ever tried of this shade (high to low end) right out of the water! Even better: I got it on sale for .66 cents! Yes, believe the hype! I'll be picking up backups of this for sure!

on 3/29/2015 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I heard a lot of people rave about this because it's so cheap but you might as well throw those money to the bin. This eye shadow hardly shows up on me, it's really chalky and pretty much useless. It might be cheap but what is the point if it does not do the job.I recommend trying Walking on Eggshells instead, the eyeshadow trio from Wet n Wild as it has much better pigmentation and the shadows are very creamy and bendable.

on 3/22/2015 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this daily to set my under eye concealer and my eye primer. It is fantastic. One pan lasts about six to eight months. It works so well with the fergie primer, which can make eyeshadow a bit difficult to blend. Love it, will always repurchase.

on 3/19/2015 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I use this with just about every eye look. It makes a great highlight shade or to tone down a shadow that is just too much. For 99 cents, it is worth every penny. I've hit pan and I already have a backup. I find I don't have a problem with fallout- I just tap my brush. So I would definitely recommend this for everyone to have in their makeup collection. I have even heard of people using this to set their under eye concealer. Very interesting!

on 3/4/2015 12:23:00 AM

If you are pinching your pennies or new to makeup, this is a great shadow to start with or have on hand. As many have said, it is great for brow bone, inner eye/tear duct, etc..

I know many say this is a dupe for Mac Brulee, and to some small extent I guess this is true.

However for me, the fallout on this is terrible. This to me is chalky as all get-out, and even the gentlest swipe on the product sends eyeshadow dust everywhere. And to me, it looks chalky on me, no matter how much blending I do. Until I basically blend it away, and then what is the point..?

If you are willing to work with this, or you have no issues with this, great.
But to me I would rather find a better brown bone shade or even invest in the Mac Brulee. I just am not a fan of using cheap products on/near my eyes, esp ones with this much fall-out...I do not wear contacts, but still do not want eyeshadow dust in my eyes.