Olay Olay Ultra Moisture Vanilla Indulgence Body Wash

2.8

on 1/7/2013 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because it was on sale and I like vanilla scented things. It does smell good but I hated the way my skin felt when I used it. Very tacky and not clean, like a layer of vaseline was left on my skin that I could not wash off. I felt grimy after using this for a few days. Would not repurchase.

on 4/17/2011 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My mom won this at her work so we used it .. it smells amazing from the bottle but the smell wont last on your skin. It does do a super good job at moisturizing your body though. I really like to use it for shaving my legs.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I purchased this mainly because of the Vanilla smell, I mix it with my Dove body wash, Im overall happy with it, the smell does not turn bad once in contact with my skin. Overall a good body wash with a lovely vanilla fragrance, I have not had any bad experiences with Olay's body washes.

on 10/10/2010 11:29:00 AM

Let me just start by saying I bought this for the smell. When you take a whiff out of the bottle, you can almost hear angels sing. The most wonderful sweet vanilla fragrance I could ask for, for the price. But what a disappointment when you apply it. The smell turns to something indefinite and artificial. It doesn't feel odd on my skin, not waxy or anything, but because the scent doesn't stay true I won't repurchase.

on 4/2/2010 3:59:00 PM

If you can get it at Big Lots, this generally means it's been discontinued. Hey, but the price is good at $1.50
This does smell like Vanilla. I'm not really into vanilla scents, I was just looking for a good moisturizing bodywash. And this does seem moisturizing. Lathers well. Leaves a nice fine scent on you and the bathroom smells GREAT after you use it.
This doesn't seem to dry out my skin. I always use a moisturizer after I bathe anyway. I figure that moisturizing body washes are to keep from drying out one's skin but not to actually moisturize in place of a post bath moisturizer. If it left THAT much of a film on my skin, I'd wonder how clean I was actually getting.
I wouldn't want to pay $8 - $9 for this. But at $1.50 a bottle, it's an absolute steal and I haighly recommend it.

on 3/11/2010 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This stuff is supposed to be for extremely dry skin. One of the first ingredients is petrolatum aka grease. This leaves a strange coated feeling on your skin and it also leaves this horrible, stubborn greasy residue in your shower. And it doesn't even smell like vanilla. Got this at Big lots for $1.5. I see why it was so cheap.

I used this two days ago, my aunt gave it to me so its not like it cost me anything. I imagine it wouldn't cost more than 8 dollars?? But anyways I don't expect much from drugstore brand body washes. I'm a LUSH girl and I know those products are expensive but they usually leave my skin feeling ultra soft with no residue. As for Olay, I used to use Ribbons for a while but I found that was almost too creamy and it clogged my skin actually and I got abscesses on my legs because my pores were CLOGGED. Anyways, this isn't as waxy or creamy as that. But it doesn't moisturize nicely either. After 2 hours I really need to moisturze with this. It foams nicely, large amount of lather actually. I like the smell even though it is plasticy and overly sweet. Kinda smells like vanilla custard/pudding. My boyfriend really really likes the smell on me oddly enough. Oh well. I will use it until I finish the bottle.

on 2/27/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to get a richer body wash to deal with my winter dry skin. This product was touted to be geared to that - winter dry skin. While I do think this does leave my skin a little better off than a simple gel bodywash, overall, the effect isn't really something to write home about. Also, it feels somewhat cheap and waxy on the skin, and the vanilla scent has a plasticky note to it. That said, it gets the job done, but I needless to say, I won't be repurchasing.