November 28, 2014 | 1946 users online

Gels/Soaps - Olay - Olay Total Effects Deep Penetrating Moisture Body Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by FarAwayGalaxies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this body wash! It's so nourishing and moisturizing I don't even need lotion after I use it. My skin feels and looks velvety soft and smooth after just one use. It's thick and creamy and has a nice scent to it, although some sensitive folks could find it to be too scented. This stuff is EASILY my favorite drugstore body wash. I don't think I could survive the winter without this creamy, luxurious heaven send! I would recommend this for anyone with extremely dry skin that needs quality moisture that will last throughout the day. I took off a lippie because it's almost $10 for a small amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Love. Love. Love this stuff. It is the only bodywash I've tried that if I'm in too big a hurry to put on lotion, my skin doesn't feel tight and dry - even in the winter. It lathers nicely and yet leaves skin moisturized. I think that's all you can ask for in body wash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this free with a coupon and have been back and forth on using it. I like certain things about it and there are certain things I do not like about it. This does do a good job moisturizing my skin without leaving it greasy. If I am in a rush and use this I can skip my normal lotion after my shower. So that is definitely a plus. The scent is alright. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I think it is a bit odd. I would prefer something a little girly. I think Olay was trying to make this seem like skincare for the body so they tried to keep it less flowery. This is great for the winter when my skin is so parched. I am not a fan of the packaging. I find it a little hard to squeeze all of the product out and the product flip lid is hard to open with wet hands. I will probably continue using this, but I will go back and forth between this and some others.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by saedasajida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Let me start off by saying TRY THIS BODY WASH ONLY IF YOU'RE WITH ALL THE STATEMENTS FROM BELOW

1. Dry - Very Dry Skin ( not Sensitive )
2. Smell is not a matter and
3.No problems with mineral oil or petrolatum

Got it in a sample size from walmart.com since i read mixed reviews of this body wash..It did moisturize my winter dry skin like NO OTHER body wash could ...

But Seriously what's up with the Smell .? Even the Dove 's Sensitive skin body wash and J & J 's Natural body wash with ' Allerfree ' fragrance , smell much much better than this ...Not pleasing at all .

Like everybody else said, it also makes the tub slippery

I don't usually like my free stuff to be done with soon...But this sample lasted for a week and i wanted to finish it off quickly...

I've had good lucks with so many Olay products ,but not a fan of this one...A couple of times when it came out new , I saw these on the Health & Beauty aisle in walmart ..and the next time it's already gone into the clearance section .

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by kptgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is not worth anything the commercials boast, even if Kim Cattrall does advertise it. I'm 40 and thought I would try it, and it's just not a good body wash. My biggest complaint is the way it left the shower...I nearly slipped and killed myself the next time I got in! It leaves a VERY slippery surface. And though I keep a clean bathroom, I don't scrub my shower after every single use. Beware of the oily surface this leaves for sure!

The body lotion, however, is worth a try. I recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Oceanne311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This body wash doesn't seem to do anything extraordinary - it moisturizes my skin, but so do plenty of others - and it has an unpleasant sort of 'dirty hair' smell beneath the more obvious fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by FayeFleurDeLis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK so I'm 19 going on 20 so I wanted to start using these anti-aging products as soon as I could before it was too late. Ugh... I should have checked the smell before buying this. I CAN'T STAND IT! Reminds me of grandma. Will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by kisshippie13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I only used up a free sample, but while I was using that, my skin had never looked and felt better!!!
It was so soft and silky...and the little bumps on the backs of my arm vanished while using this.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this body wash!!!
The smell can be over powering, but I like it.
This is the best body wash I have ever used.
Extemely moisturizing...reccommended to EVERYONE who wants beautiful soft, smooth summer skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by dpenn

Let me first say that I've not actually tried this product (I know...I hate reviews like this too...I did smell, etc. in store, but didn't purchase), but I'm just so surprised to see Olay use Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in a *new* product!?!?!

I don't know if the concentration is high enough, but it's now common knowledge that SLS (not to be confused with Sodium Laureth Sulfate) is a skin irritant and to be avoided. It's listed 5th on the ingredient list, which is enough for me to avoid this product completely.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by pookieb

I'm not sure on price and packaging as I got the sample so that is the reason for those scores.

This smells like a man...not impressed. Glad I got the sample free.