Panoxyl 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Bar

3.9

I started using this soap and it worked in the beginning however my skin didn't react well to BP. So my Dermatologist recommended using a different active ingredient such as sulfur. He suggested using a brand that has been around for 50 years called Joesoef Skin Care Sulfur soap 10%. After the first day I can see and feel the difference in my complexion. It's been 3 weeks now and my break outs have diminished even during my pms which is amazing. I've also added into my skin regimen their Joesoef Acne Sulfur 6.6% drying lotion, which I use as a spot treatment targeting my break out areas. I leave it on overnight for maxium affect. These Sulfur products are a must have and worth every penny. I haven't been back to my Dermatologist in months.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like this bar quite a bit.
It really helps clear up my blemishes and even prevent new ones, as long as they are not hormonal.
Any hormonal blemishes this does help them heal faster.
I do not use this everyday unless my skin is really bad.
It is VERY drying as benzoyl peroxide can be. You really need to start slowly and let your skin become accustomed to it. You will want to make sure to use a moisturizer that works well with your skin type.
For me I like skinMD and I also used bio oil.
You will have flaking of the skin but this is part of the exfoliation process and helps reveal new skin so in turn with continued use it can help even skin tone a bit.
It really helped with the scaring that was left over from blemishes I had.
This is a keeper and I will continue to buy as needed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this on a whim for random breakouts. It is apparently hard to find, and I found it on the bottom shelf of a random K mart while traveling. I rarely get acne, but when I do I want something that works. I have normal to dry skin and have had no issues with dryness or sensitivity, but I also use a facial oil at night. Some people might feel like they're burning the pimple off of their face because of the 10% benzoyl peroxide, but I also think the lactic acid in it helps to exfoliate gently. I'm curious if the facial wash works even better because it contains glycolic acid.

My husband and I use this in the shower (ours is face and body bar). He really likes it because it controls his acne and clears out ingrown hairs from shaving as well. I use this as a cleanser in the shower when I want something with some acne fighting ingredients. Great product to have on-hand.

This Bar soap has been a Godsend for my teenage daughter! We have tried almost everything for her skin, and this PanOxyl bar soap has worked better than anything else.

What ended up helping her was the combination of washing each night with (1) DHC Cleansing Oil to remove makeup, then (2) PanOxyl 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Bar soap (purchased at Drugmart). Then each morning washing with (3) Cetaphil Facial Cleanser (a very gentle cleanser is needed because the nightly PanOxyl will dry skin out a lot). This regimen has helped her more than anything to heal her blemishes and clear up her skin. Her skin is looking a whole lot better, due in large part to the PanOxyl Bar soap. I also purchased a gentle rose scented witch hazel toner for her for when she needs/wants to use a toner. And for makeup, Estee Lauder "Double Wear Light" foundation set with Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder. Hope this helps!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not writing this for myself, but for my 15 year old daughter who suddenly developed horrible acne. I took her to a dermatologist and he put her on antibiotics, a cream and Panoxyl bar soap. In just four days, the three together have worked WONDERS!!! We're waiting to see an OB/GYN now because the derm said she isn't a candidate for Accutaine but that he thought she was suffering from PCOD, which I was afraid of. The first two days after using the Panoxyl, she broke out even worse, but now, it's all clearing and drying and her skin looks terrific compared to the past three months. It's working for her back and chest as well. He said the Panoxyl would have an exfoliating effect and her skin is just glowing. It might be a combination of the three things together but whatever, the soap surely hasn't hurt at all. Of course the long term treatment is going to be BCP but she's fine with that and will continue with the Panoxyl even after she's through with the antibiotics and cream. I've spent hundreds of dollars on soaps, creams, Clinique... you name it and the painful cystic acne is almost gone in four days. I won't even mention how much her self confidence has gone up. Great stuff so far.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Since Panoxyl was no longer available my Dermatologist recommended using Joesoef Skin Care Sulfur Soap 10% as an alternative to BP. Sulfur Soap is actually natural with anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti inflammatory, removes dead skin cells and reduces redness. I LOVE THIS SOAP !!! for best results use warm water and work soap into a rich lather, be sure allow 60 second before rinse. This is import to allow the sulfur to penetrate deep into the pores killing all bacterial on contact, and removing dead skin cells on the surface leading to a healthy complexion. It only $9 available online or at dermatologists. Joesoef Skin Care sulfur soap is pound for pound the best acne soap out there ....hope this info helps someone its sure has helped me and my friends....5 STARS

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this product!! I have tried SO many acne products over the years and this is the only one that really clears my skin. I have not bought it from this site, I usually buy it at my local Walmart but every store I search is out of stock!! Anyway, it is very drying but I just love it.

if you are dealing with persistent acne run do not walk to get this! in the past 4 months I have gone from perfect skin to semi-severe acne. found out I have a hormonal imbalance, def going to correct that . But while I'm waiting to see doctors ect I was looking to at least control my oil and acne with skincare but absolutely nothing that had controlled any of my minor acne in the past was working ( MUAC peels, retina, Acne.org treatment, neutrogena stress control,aspirin mask, sulphur masks). they are all great products but I knew my skin was beyond their help. I bought this on a whim in the U.S. as I had never seen it canada and I am beyond thrilled with it. I hardly write reviews anymore but this is the only thing that has even touched my acne and oil. I also let it sit on my skin for a minute and found this works even better. oh also It took about a week or 2 to see a visible difference. my only gripe is the bar sucks and is messy but I'm too scared to switch to the cream formula. My skin is definitely not back to normal but this is the only thing helping

I started using benzoyl peroxide to contro my acne a few months ago. I started with a 5% and gradually moved up until I had been using 10% for a couple months. When my Clean and Clear cleanser ran out, I tried Panoxyl 10. The product gave me horrible red bumps and rashes all over my face and neck. I also had dry, peeling places. My skin is naturally fairly oily, so this was very odd. I blamed this on my moisturizer since my skin isn't sensitive to the peroxide and continued use of the cleanser. My skin got worse and worse until I stopped using it all together. The red bumps resembled dermatitis and I stopped using anything on my face for 3 days to help them heal. My boyfriend believes my bad reaction was caused by the chemical that is used to keep the cleanser in bar- form, which is why I had never had the reaction before, I have always used gel and foaming cleansers. I switched back to my Clean & Clear 3 in 1 Cleanser, which is 5% benzoyl peroxide and brought back my Clean & Clear Morning Glow moisturizer and my skin is fine. Definitely would not recommend to anyone with combination, dry, or sensitive skin.