October 21, 2014 | 1601 users online

Fragrances - Jean Paul Gaultier - Classique X

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by moomooknickers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Citronella but tolerable. Good for summer with the added benefit of keeping mozzies at bay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like JPG Classique X as a fruity, juicy orange blossom scent. I suppose itís taken the orange blossom from the original Classique eau de toilette, but other than that I fail to see similarity, except that they are both extremely wearable. What it lacks in audacity, it makes up for in easy, delicious sweetness. Though I agree there is a trace of Light Blue here, itís much more orangey than that, reminiscent of Diptyque Oyedo. Uplifting.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

I'm a pretty tough nut with fragrances so I won't give this more than a 3 but it's not bad at all. I don't know anything about the original classique which is probably good (for this review at least! :) Definitely bergamotty and orange blossomy. Not in a strongly linear way though, the effect is is not linear, natural bergamot and orange blossom but mixed, "perfumey" bergamot and orange blossom. There's also some warm, woody muskiness in here. This is not an in your face citrus like Acqua di Parma arancia or Fresh's Hesperides or Fresh's Bergamot citrus etc. but worth a shot if you like bergamot or citrus at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have a spray sample of Classique X. It smells a LOT like D&G Light Blue. If I smelled X on someone, I would assume he/she were wearing Light Blue; it's THAT similar. On me, it's Light Blue minus heavy cedar; which, I suppose, makes it more like Bond No. 9 Scent of Peace than Light Blue. I've seen X classified as a "woody oriental", but, on my skin, it's a citrus-apple-chypre type; ("new" chypre, not classic chypre). The lasting power is excellent, which is unusual for such a light, citrus fragrance. If there's a woody base, I'm anosmic to whatever creates it. Although I don't wear Classique these days, I think it's beautiful, and sexy. I like Le M‚le, as well, and I think Classique X is more derivative of the flowery Le M‚le than the heady, boozy, rosey Classique. I was disappointed with the dull, fruity Ma Dame (which smells nothing like my idea of "a black rose soaked in patchouli"), and I'm quite disappointed with Classique X. I've caught whiffs of Parfums de Coeur Designer Imposters that smell more intriguing and exciting than this fragrance. X is bland, common, and boring.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 7:21:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wouldn't buy it if I hadn't to change a gift. I had a good experience with the classique version of the fragrance years ago, but now I find I've changed my taste. This one is hard to describe, not powdery, not fresh, not longlasting. Even the bottle is not convenient to use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

I have been in a passionate love affair with the original for a long time now and simply love every element of it in a very instictive way. About this flanker though, I cannot say the same. There is a citrusy opening and although it is registered as orange blossom, I get juicy, bright, friendly tangerines. Actually I like its dynamism quite a bit at this point - though I often tend to avoid citrusy notes. This is pretty interesting for me. After the top notes, a watered down and tamed version of the original appears, of course together with a weaker nail varnish accord. This is a note that I truly enjoy in the original but it feels wrong in this version. The oriental richness is gone; I do not feel that this is a light floriental suitable for summer but a creamy, soft, unoffensive thing that doesn't match my understanding of Jean Paul Gaultier Classique. Still, there is something innocently EMO about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after being in fragrance limbo after my beloved Hypnotic Poison was deemed too heavy and my VS Heavenly was just too familiar. I wear Flowerbomb in the winter (courtesy of my wonderful fiancee who picked it out for me after smelling scents I love--amber & vanilla), but wanted something light and fresh for the summer. This definitely reminds me of MaDame, which had a refreshing citrus top note. This starts out a citrus with a slight powder that becomes stronger. The softness prevents the citrus from being too cloying or sharp. Love it for a soft, fresh summer scent. My perfume style leans towards soft and sexy; clean, citrus-y fragrances bore me but this is the perfect marriage of soft + citrus. I have been uncontrollably drenching myself in this. Would certainly repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by peechez5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like the other two reviewers, my first thought when I smelled it was this definately reminds me of D&G Light Blue, which I don't like. A nice choice for spring/summer if you like those kind of scents. Beautiful bottle though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

I sprayed some today on my wrist at the shop.
This really reminds me of Light Blue by Dolce&Gabbana. With a dash of MaDame by Jean Paul Gaultier.
Same old bottle with a big X on it. Very familiar juice inside. I really cannot see the point. But a team of very experienced perfumers and marketing experts must have worked on it, so who am I to argue!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by flchick75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

New Fragrance Debuting February 2010. Consists of Orange Blossom, Mandarine and Vanilla. Smells fresh and clean, not too strong. Reminds me a bit of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue but I didn't purchase that one because I don't really like it much, I liked this one much more. I layer it with Vanilla oil from the Body Shop as I do with all my frangrances and Vanill makes everything smell better IMO and gives me my signature scent. I love the elegant bottle (see picture added). This is my second JPG Fragrance and my favorite so far. One lippie off because the scent does not last very long. Try spraying it on clothes or hair to make it last but then you have to wash clothes more often :(

"Classique X is a sensual interpretation of orange blossom and woody notes. Inspired by Jean Paul Gaultier's Fall 2009 ready-to-wear collection, the new Classique X is sophisticated, sexy and luminous. "