October 26, 2014 | 1029 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights Quad - Green Eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Even though I already own more than enough e/s, I'm always tempted by "for green eyes" sets like this. The idea of playing up my best feature without having to do any thinking really appeals. These aren't highly pigmented shadows; they give subtle, office appropriate eye-enhancement, more of a je ne sais quoi than a look, when used as directed by the little chart included. I didn't even bother to use my own brushes, just the included sponge-tip applicator, and it worked great. Even as subtle as it is, the brighter pink shade that goes in the inner corner could be tricky to pull off; it's about the color of fatigued eyelids/pinkeye, actually, but blended well and over a good primer, with concealer on the undereye and into the inner corner, it works. My eyes definitely look greener with this quad on!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn`t apply the eyeshadows how the packaging suggested-I applied it following one of emilynoel83`s tutorials with the darkest shade on the lid, the pink in the crease the pale pink to highlight and the lavender shade on the lower lashline. It looked really pretty. I tried wearing the shadows the other way and was not impressed-it looked like middle school makeup if that makes any sense (candy pink...)

I like the darkest shadow in the palette a lot, the lightest is pretty good, the pink you can work with but the lavender shade is pretty much useless unless you use it to top a cream eyeshadow. When I apply this on top of a primer and cream eyeshadow it seems to have decent staying power. I wouldn`t buy it again however because it doesn`t seem worth it to buy an eyeshadow palette just for the sake of one color!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by blonegirl979

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love how this quad makes my blue/green eyes super green and bright. The colors are lovely, but they have horrible staying power and aren't very pigmented at all. After 3 hours of wearing it, it looks like i have no shadow on at all even if i wear an eye primer. I wouldn't buy this again simply bc I can find these colors in other eyeshadows and they're better quality. Sure they're more expensive but i don't mind paying for pigmentation when the alternative is paying for an eyeshadow that makes it look like you never put on any eyeshadow in the first place.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am always hesitant to put anything pink toned around my eyes because it makes them like I've been crying. This quad is no exception. The pink shade is very difficult to use for this reason. The other three shades are more of a plum purple combination, and are easier to use, so I tend to use just those three and skip the pink altogether. Even so, there is a fair dose of pinkish undertone in the deepest shade of purple, which makes me hesitant to use it too. The colors all go on rather pale compared to how they look in the package, so I agree they are not highly pigmented. That's OK with me, but only if I want a particular look. Overall, I think I can find better and wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by WonderWoman31

Many people have commented on this product saying that there is little pigment but i definitely disagree. I use Urban Decay eye primer potion and found these eyeshadows showed up beautifully with the exception on one colour. The mauve/taupe shadow is quite subdued but i brushed some of the pink shade over top and it looked very pretty...it toned down the pink slightly. Today i applied the eyeshadows at around 5:30 am and they are still on (it's currently 10pm).

My only negative thought about this product is the packaging. It seems pretty flimsy. However, considering the quality of the product and the reasonable price, it's something i'm willing to overlook.

Hope this review helps. Good job CoverGirl :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by BalloonArtist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking forward to using these shades but the shadow doesn't have enough pigment in it - even for my light skin. I will keep using the Almay eyeshadow for green eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My eyes are an olive green so I can use eyeshadow kits that are geared for either green eyes or hazel eyes. I found the Green Eyes Exact Eyelights kit to be unflattering because there's so much pink tones in it. It did nothing for my skin color (which is cooltoned, so you'd think it would have worked) and did not highlight my eye color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by evillittleme

I'm quite surprised that people are saying that they don't like this product. I'm thinking perhaps they are trying to apply it only using the big fat brush that comes with it? You def need to apply the product with different brushes - the fat one is only good for the base coat (the lightest colour).

In particular, I've found that the darkest purple colour needs to be applied with a really thin, hard brush so that you can get it as close to the lashline as possible.

This would have to be one of my favourite products. I have blue / green eyes and this eyeshadow just makes them pop!

It is not too garish or dark for daytime wear, but gives a really polished, professional look.

I have had several comments about my eyes since wearing this eyeshadow.

My tip would be to make sure you follow the colour application instructions on the back of the pack (so that you are applying the right colours on the correct part of the eye). It also really pays to invest in some good quality eyeshadow applicator tools, as the one that comes with the packaging is not going to cut it for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

The eyeshadow quad is advertised to enhance green eyes. There is a deep merlot type plum, a hazy smokey medium toned lilac, a bright pink and a pale lilac colour. I love the colours and they do make green eyes "pop". The problem with these eyeshadows are that they are not pigmented very well so applying them is frustrating and you have to layer and layer. The package I bought included an eyeshadow brush which I truly love, it's the perfect size for my eyelids. I love the bright pink and dark merlot plum colour and use them the most but all the colours in the kit work well together and can be blended together. The price makes them affordable if you can get them on sale - even better. The packaging is very blah and the case is standard Cover Girl eyeshadow packaging...only difference is that it is white plastic. They could and should revamp their formulation. The colours are amazing, it's the texture that needs improvement.

EDIT: I recently pulled this out of my makeup bag and applied it for a special occasion recently. AMAZING shades that make my green/aqua eyes pop. So many compliments on my eyes. I just wish the colour was a bit smoother. I feel like I have to try really hard to achieve depth with this product and forget about using an eye makeup brush. I have to resort to using the cheapo sponge applicator to get any coverage. I just wish I could find this exact quad in a better eyeshadow. Love the shades, hate the texture of the shadow for application. Why can I not have everything? (LOL).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i like this palette a lot. sure, they're not the most pigmented eyeshadows i've ever used, but they do show up (esp on top of primer) and they are pretty and practical. i technically have blue eyes, but using this palette makes them look green.
the brush is fabulous.