November 28, 2014 | 932 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Eye Express Cream Shadow Stick (Sweet Thing Collection)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Veneziano

I bought this in the shade 500, or Minty. It is a dupe for the mint green shadestick in the sugarsweet collection from MAC, and it's a beautiful frosty mint green color. Applies with a bit of tugging on my eye, but it's not hard to deposit a lot of color. Works well as a base for powder eyeshadows, doesn't crease for hours, and provides a bright, shimmery base for your shadows. It makes my brown eyes pop and look so much brighter. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Lealyn23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to see this in the drugstore, as I am quite hesitant to purchase cream shadow sticks (MAC ones ruined it for me). I purchased "Touch of Toffee" but don't be fooled by the name as it is no where near toffee. They have about five different colors, all in pastel. They have a pastel purple, minty pastel green, yellowy chiffon color and one other. I purchased these at Walgreens with a $1.00 in store coupon. Its 0.1 oz and 520 mg, so its a lot smaller than the shadesticks from MAC.

Personally I like the smaller ones better b/c I don't feel like I wasted so much product once it expires and I have to throw it out. I truly love this product, it stays on without smudging and is perfect for an all over wash color, or a quick highlight when you don't have time to do your makeup. It's even small enough to take in your purse! I am a NC 37 so color appears to a pinky champagne color and it looks wonderful on my skintone.

These are limited edition! So get em while you can! I also bought the purple nail polish in "goody plum drop" that came with this collection and I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is part of the Maybelline Sweet Thing Collection that launched in Spring 2010. So far, I am really impressed with the quality of this eyeshadow! I wanted to try the Covergirl ShadowBlast eyeshadows, but I’ve heard that they smeared too easily. When I saw the new Maybelline Sweet Thing display at Walgreens, I had to pick up “Touch of Toffee” because it LOOKED like it would be a pretty pinky beige color. I bought this for $7.49 with a “$1 off” coupon that was on the display. I was so afraid that this was going to be too creamy and disappear on my eyelids, but it turns out that it doesn't! It doesn’t smudge at all and the color shows up very nicely! Contrary to its name, “Touch of Toffee” is actually a pale pink color with a frosty finish. I love how its not full of glitter or way too metallic. It looks perfect on its own as an allover wash of color or as a brow bone highlight. I even swatched this on my hand and employed a vigorous “rub test”, but this stuff still stayed! This was a great find, but I only wish that Maybelline would come out with more colors. I really want to see some neutrals and dark shades instead of these light pastel ones. Also, the stick itself is rather small, but that is not a big deal.

EDIT: I was wearing this earlier and when I asked my friend what she thought of the color, she said it shows up as more of a champagne color than a pink! I will examine the color more closely under different lighting tomorrow and update again!

EDIT 2: After wearing this for a few days, I noticed that the color does indeed show up as more of a frosty champagne color on my lids, even though it looks pink in the tube. Perhaps the pink tones blend in with the golden undertones of my skin and then produces the champagne finish? I have dry skin (especially around the eye area) and I found that using the stick when it is hard and dry accentuates the dryness of my eyelids and tugs at them too. I found that warming the stick underneath a lamp for a little bit to make it softer and creamier helps with the application. Body heat helps too, so you can rub your finger over the tip and then smooth the color over your lids.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No